ByTheSpirit

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

The most important thing in godliness is devotion to God. Enoch walk with God and he please God. Devotion has three things the fear of God the love of God and the desire for God. To be Godly you have to focus on God. The three things of fear love desire is necessary to be devoted to God.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

SING IT PEOPLES OF THE LORD SING IT LOUDLY .

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Years later, Jerry Bridges distanced himself from that book (The Pursuit of Holiness) and took a more cross centered approach to sanctification.

That's interesting.  I did not know that. I would like to find out more. Because I thought highly of his view on holiness. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Years later, Jerry Bridges distanced himself from that book (The Pursuit of Holiness) and took a more cross centered approach to sanctification.

From  an interview available at  http://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/the-pursuit-of-holiness-an-interview-with-jerry-bridges/ 

Jerry Bridges response to aquestion; ...."I started to teach this principle of “dependent responsibility.” Then I was challenged by a friend to try writing. My first book, The Pursuit of Holiness, became a best-seller. But I soon realized that a pursuit of holiness that is not founded on grace and the gospel can lead to a performance mentality and even to discouragement. That’s when I began to emphasize grace and the gospel as foundational to the pursuit of holiness.

It is my desire that as a result of reading my books, people will seek to pursue holiness out of gratitude for what God has done for us in Christ. There is no doubt that it is our duty to pursue holiness. But I want believers to desire to do out of gratitude what is our duty to do. I want to see the “ought to” mentality replaced with a “want to” attitude."....

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1993

Being Godly is not merely external is it also internal(spiritual). You train yourself through reading the word of God and through prayer. Meditate on it everyday.