IGNORED

Can we consider Christian who smokes, Drinking wine?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I just want to hear to you guys your opinion or knowledge.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I would say, read 1 Cor chapters 5 through 8, then draw your own conclusions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Caffeine, nicotine, alcohol  are all drugs. Gluttony is a sin as well. The Bible does not say that having a drink is a sin but getting drunk is. I guess it is how you look at it. The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. But everyone sins each and every day. No one is perfect.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

12 hours ago, Lostlamb1978 said:

I just want to hear to you guys your opinion or knowledge.

If you are struggling with addictions and you think you are not worthy to follow God don't be discouraged. Yes, it's bad things but personally when I repented I was still smoking for a while. I needed about a month time to be able to stop it and put it down. 

If you are a new christian you need time to grow stronger in willpower. God will change you and set you free just be patient and don't loose heart. The worst thing you can do is turn back because of some flaws. Everybody have their own blemish that needs to be corrected. Someone is struggling with this, someone struggling with that. It takes time for God to form you. Just be humbled and soften your hart.

Nobody is perfect. I'm still now discovering things that I shouldn't be doing, situations that I should have handled differently. The repentance is one simple step but it's a long journey to be purified. Remember this: Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 

Edited by Zoltan777
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

18 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

If you are struggling with addictions and you think you are not worthy to follow God don't be discouraged. Yes, it's bad things but personally when I repented I was still smoking for a while. I needed about a month time to be able to stop it and put it down. 

If you are a new christian you need time to grow stronger in willpower. God will change you and set you free just be patient and don't loose heart. The worst thing you can do is turn back because of some flaws. Everybody have their own blemish that needs to be corrected. Someone is struggling with this, someone struggling with that. It takes time for God to form you. Just be humbled and soften your hart.

Nobody is perfect. I'm still now discovering things that I shouldn't be doing, situations that I should have handled differently. The repentance is one simple step but it's a long journey to be purified. Remember this: Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 

You can get addictions to all of those drugs caffeine, nicotine and alcohol. Although with alcohol it can alter your judgment and you could end up with a DUI. You may get your license taken away or wipe out another car with a family in it. Just walk into a Starbucks at 6 or 7 AM. Quite scary. If you go off of coffee all at once you will have withdrawal symptoms. People who have indulged in alcohol or caffeine and have eaten too much food which is gluttony has a tendency to point their finger at those who smoke. But it is no different. It is just judging hypocritically. Marijuana is legal is some states now as well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

47 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You can get addictions to all of those drugs caffeine, nicotine and alcohol. Although with alcohol it can alter your judgment and you could end up with a DUI. You may get your license taken away or wipe out another car with a family in it. Just walk into a Starbucks at 6 or 7 AM. Quite scary. If you go off of coffee all at once you will have withdrawal symptoms. People who have indulged in alcohol or caffeine and have eaten too much food which is gluttony has a tendency to point their finger at those who smoke. But it is no different. It is just judging hypocritically. Marijuana is legal is some states now as well.

If you don't understand what i was trying to say it's not my fault. But please don't be judgemental on those who are trying to fly:

Repeating how sinful they are wont help. Maybe you didn't have problem with these things but I am pretty sure you had problem with some others. Just remember your state when you were called.

Edited by Zoltan777
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I don't smoke or drink, but I did make an attempt to learn both as a teenager. My efforts at smoking made me nauseous and dizzy plus I never had the money for that so I gave it up quickly. I understand once you start smoking though,  it's a very very hard to quit,  so I would classify it as an addiction.

Drinking is a little bit of a different matter,unless you've gone so far as to become an alcoholic in that case it's also a type of addiction. personally the taste of alcohol doesn't really appeal to me so it's not that much of a temptation.

In both above scenarios I would say the person is in bondage to addictions and needs deliverance.

As a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ it would be a terrible witness for me to be walking around with a glass of whiskey in one hand and a cigarette in the other. How could I tell them about the delivering power of Christ, when I'm doing exactly the same thing an unsaved person would be doing?

I don't believe it's God's best for us  to be addicted to anything. Or to be in any kind of bondage physical or spiritual.

he who the son sets free is free indeed! John 8:36

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Never give up. Proverbs says a righteous man will fall seven times and still get up. And the Lord told peter to forgive 7 times 77. But prayer is the key. Pray in the spirit. The holy spirit will intercede for you as you pray. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

20 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Never give up. Proverbs says a righteous man will fall seven times and still get up. And the Lord told peter to forgive 7 times 77. But prayer is the key. Pray in the spirit. The holy spirit will intercede for you as you pray. 

That's really good writing. Thank you!

• Loved it! 2