justme007

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Racism is an abomination and a sin. Any Christian should agree with this statement. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

7 hours ago, justme007 said:

Racism is an abomination and a sin. Any Christian should agree with this statement. 

Yes, it falls under the banner of hatred, I believe.  Christ is the answer, as He is for all sin.

But while racism is indeed a sin, I contend that falsely accusing someone of being a racist (i.e. bearing false witness) is ALSO a sin.  

In fact, it's number nine on the Ten Commandments hit parade.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I totally agree, Justme.  Racism is just about as ugly as it gets and God abhors it.  If He didn't want the different races, He would have made  us all the same.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

57 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I totally agree, Justme.  Racism is just about as ugly as it gets and God abhors it.  If He didn't want the different races, He would have made  us all the same.

Actually God did make us all the same.  There was one race in the beginning.  

10 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

OK.  You want to expand on that a little and explain exactly what you mean by "racism?"

How should we define racism from the Biblical point of view? First, we need to look at the foundations, the core principles that The Bible teaches us. Justice and equality are among those principles. Everyone is equal unless someone forfeits their equality by unrighteousness. The equality is restored when they repent. Being of different race, color, language, citizenship, culture or patriotic feelings toward a certain country could never be looked at as something unrighteous. That's probably a definition of racism by the way, thinking that someone is better than someone else because of any of the above. Every race, color, ethnicity or country has righteous believers. And being disrespectful or aggressive towards any of the above, or thinking that someone is better than someone else based on the above is racism. And it is disrespectful and hurtful towards those believers. That type of attitude violates the core principles of justice and equality, and is sinful and completely unacceptable without any doubt.  

16 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Yes, it falls under the banner of hatred, I believe.  Christ is the answer, as He is for all sin.

But while racism is indeed a sin, I contend that falsely accusing someone of being a racist (i.e. bearing false witness) is ALSO a sin.  

Blessings,

-Ed

Of course, accusing someone falsely is without a doubt sinful and abominable.  

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, justme007 said:

How should we define racism from the Biblical point of view? First, we need to look at the foundations, the core principles that The Bible teaches us. Justice and equality are among those principles. Everyone is equal unless someone forfeits their equality by unrighteousness. The equality is restored when they repent. Being of different race, color, language, citizenship, culture or patriotic feelings toward a certain country could never be looked at as something unrighteous. That's probably a definition of racism by the way, thinking that someone is better than someone else because of any of the above. Every race, color, ethnicity or country has righteous believers. And being disrespectful or aggressive towards any of the above, or thinking that someone is better than someone else based on the above is racism. And it is disrespectful and hurtful towards those believers. That type of attitude violates the core principles of justice and equality, and is sinful and completely unacceptable without any doubt.  

The "race card"  has been used as the Left wing's all-purpose weapon to intimidating everyone into compliance with political correctness and is being used as means of shutting down freedom of speech and intimidating people into silence.   It has become so rampant that it diminishes real racism when it occurs.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

On 8/19/2017 at 3:32 AM, justme007 said:

On 8/19/2017 at 11:29 AM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

10 hours ago, justme007 said:

Of course, accusing someone falsely is without a doubt sinful and abominable.  

I'd like to expand on this if I could.

In your initial post, which I've reposted above, you made a declarative statement (racism is . . . a sin) which to me is obvious -  like in the "water is wet" category.  (hope that didn't come off as sarcastic - I didn't mean it to be)

This is a thread that could have been posted in almost any category - but since it was posted in 'current news/U.S. News' I related it to what is going on at the current time.

So called 'racism' is very much in the news these days.  There are racists - there always have been.  Racism (as you pointed out) IS a sin - and it's as old as mankind itself.

I've always believed God doesn't 'catergorize' sins as we tend to do.  To Him, sin is sin.  It's all bad.  And we are all sinners - that is true.  

But many of us - while we may acknowledge we are sinners, tend to have the attitude that 'well, my sin isn't as bad as his or her sin' - and we get some sort of satisfaction from it.  I believe doing this is wrong.

Today, being accused of racism or of being a racist is the worst thing that can happen to someone in public life.  While there are indeed racists (as there have always been), I believe many people are falsely accused of being racists when they are in fact no such thing.

The accusers who do this - knowing how destructive it is - do it to either discredit someone or to shut off any further discussion.  

That is why I made the point I did initially - that while racism is not specifically mentioned in Scripture (though hating one's brother is), the sin of bearing false witness IS mentioned.

One more thing before I conclude - another misconception seems to be prevalent regarding racism.  

The misconception is this:  only  white people (i.e. Caucasians) can be racists.

That is flat out ridiculous.  This is so obvious it should go without saying.

Since racism is a HUMAN failing, any HUMAN (of any race, creed or color) is capable of being a racist. It is only though the Blood of Christ that racism (or any other sin) can be overcome.

Blessings,

-Ed