• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Mattman,

I am very impressed that you have identified your issue as a "sadness hat touches your heart on a deeper level". You are correct in asking if it is something that you may be missing. I agree with the answers others have given in this area. However, you may not have done anything wrong! This "sadness of heart" may be the Lord leading you into a deeper life of intercession for those who experience great sadness. God may be calling you into a prayer ministry of burden bearing. Let me explain.

God chooses His burden bearers very carefully. Burden bearing is a special brand of praying where one person "takes on the burdens" of another person through prayer for the specific purpose of that person being able to hear from and receive Jesus. So person A, the burden bearer, prays for person B in such a way as to lift person B's burdens from them. This allows person B to focus soley upon Jesus. Person A, the burden bearer, then takes B's burdens to the cross and deposits them there. Often the burden bearer will feel person A's pain and suffering as a result. There is nothing wrong, the burden bearer is taking pain away from person B so they can concentrate on getting saved or hearing from God.

This is very specialized intercession and it is very easy to mess up. As a burden bearer myself, sometimes I take on another persons burdens and then carry them too long or not long enough. This is where burden bearers learn by trial and error. The worst thing is for me to take on another's burdens and then get my own mixed up with them.

If you are sure your relationship with Jesus is ok, then this deep sadness may be God calling you to intercede and burden bear for another person. Who do you know that is sad? Who do you know that is in deep trouble? Perhaps you are feeling some of their burden and God is calling you to help them through your deep intercession.