Mattman55

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have this feeling in my chest as if it's my soul crying out in sadness that touches my heart on a deeper level. Like something is missing from me that's supposed to be there but it feels removed. I feel lost without it and I need guidance. Maybe I have lost my way from the path God has set for me?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/26/2002

im not sure what to say to help but i will keep you in my prayers :-) sorry to hear your struggling...remember that god is always there even when you cant feel him..god bless :heart:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

Amen...just keep on keepin on...we're always here for you????

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

keep smiling???❤️??

IMG_0459.PNG

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

3 hours ago, georgie_02 said:

im not sure what to say to help but i will keep you in my prayers :-) sorry to hear your struggling...remember that god is always there even when you cant feel him..god bless :heart:

Good post georgie :)

Me to.  Will be praying for you Mattman!

Adbicate, that's a good answer. I thought that I had that relationship with him already but from what you are saying it sounds to me like as if I had turned away from him and I am now feeling the lost connection perhaps?

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Abdicate said:

100% of humans suffer from this God-sized void. You are not alone. To fill it, most turn to alcohol, food, drugs, shopping, exercising, religion, time-consuming hobbies, anything to see if they can fill it. The truth is, only God can fill it. It is a God-sized void after all. The way to fill it is to develop a relationship with God. Praying daily, meditating on His word, and study. Otherwise the hole will remain.

Adbicate, that's a good answer. I thought that I had that relationship with him already but from what you are saying it sounds to me like as if I had turned away from him and I am now feeling the lost connection perhaps?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

11 hours ago, Mattman55 said:

I have this feeling in my chest as if it's my soul crying out in sadness that touches my heart on a deeper level. Like something is missing from me that's supposed to be there but it feels removed. I feel lost without it and I need guidance. Maybe I have lost my way from the path God has set for me?

This deep down yearning sadness  / void is indeed your soul crying out for God .

The good news is the fact that God Himself wrote in His Word exactly what you would feel this day Mattman:

" Thou hast made us for Thyself and our soul is restless till it rest in Thee ." 

The reason God knew this most intimate detail felt deep in your soul , not only  before you ever spoke about it to anyone , but before the universe was ever created is because He loves you that much .

He wants nothing more than to satisfy your deepest need , dispel all your fears , calm your troubled heart .

You can read His message of love to you , today . Now is the invitation of the text .

Jesus knew the Father and went to Him for comfort & strength .

Peace of mind , tranquility of soul and spiritual power flowed back from those moments of communion with the Father .

You too may have the same comfort and strength today and walk the divine path of light set before you by Him if you will receive Him thru His W0rd written for you .

"  Acquaint now thyself with Him , and be at peace , thereby good shall come unto thee . "  ( Job 22:21)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It sounds like the Lord is calling you back in line. This can be a painful thing, but also a joyful one; He loves you and wishes for you to follow Him! Pray daily for Him to examine your heart and tell you where you've gone wrong, and ask Him for His wisdom and instruction on how best to follow and love Him. God bless!

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

I used to struggle with self life--and I was a Christian for years (but not a Believer because while I read (in the Bible) what I believed, I didn't really believe what I read). Jesus tells us in Luke 9:

23 Then he told all of them, “If anyone wants to come with me, he must deny himself, pick up his cross every day, and follow me continuously, 24 because whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. 25 What profit will a person have if he gains the whole world, but destroys himself or is lost?

So what if Jesus walked around while he was on earth saying, "[Sob, sob, sniffle, sniffle] Father! People are not treating me the way I expected and life is not what I thought it would be! Pleeeeease, I'm SO sad and discouraged and want you to get me out of here!" (I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make.) So, if we as Christians/Believers are called first to deny ourselves and surrender everything in our thought life and emotions to Him, how then can we become transformed into His image? 

Sounds like you need to deny self--your "right" to live from your emotions (what you feel)--that is, anger, bitterness, self-pity, jealousy, fear (etc)... Please understand, I speak from my own experience as a failed Christian, thanks most in part because much of the church, for forty years or so, has focused more on "blessings" (making it about ourselves) than toward being transformed into the image and likeness of His Son (putting the focus on Jesus).

I get that you hurt. But you need to make the determination to follow what the Word of God SAYS over what you feel. It's a choice. And God isn't just going to magically "poof" you into something without due diligence on your part. Please know that I am speaking the truth in love because you don't have to live in the pit of despair. Stick with it. Don't give up. I'm cheering for you!

Edited by George
Removed the Video -- but please feel free to link to it after you post it in the Video Forums