• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/20/2017 at 9:03 PM, LadyKay said:

When ever I have a serious need that I need to give to God to take care of, I feel unworthy to pray.  I feel unworthy to ask God for his help. I keep thinking how I am so imperfect. I don't feel like I am worthy of God's help. 

JESUS said come to me, he didn't invite the pure, because without judging some of the pure maybe they go to him as of right, like the "Parisee in the Temple", not all Pharisees are like that. 

If you look how JESUS deal with those in need. 

He knew what they needed and he helped them, many times the people didn't even know what he was about to do, some they never asked, to some he forgive their sins without asking, and without a promise that they will be good from now on, and volunteer and help the needy, and support the charitable organization. 

Some they felt obligated to him for the good he done to them, People are like that, but JESUS does not want people to feel indepted to him, and want to repay him. So to some he said, go home to your families, and if you don't have one fine one. 

JESUS said you can love me and sing songs to me and praises, but he also said, take a step further and express your love by helping others. 

JESUS went around looking for people no one ever prayed for, no one ever consider them eligible, like the sick man in the pool, and the one who lived in ruins, and Jesus left everything to go to him, thing about that. 

Your business is with Jesus, God has given everything to him, his is the Savior, to him should we call upon, God gave us Jesus and he gave to Jesus Everything. 

JESUS CHRIST rules, he is sitting on the Throne, he is not weak he is strong. Forget about your self, look to Jesus Christ, he is full of compation. 

JESUS said come eat and drink freely without any money without any gifts, without any promises, without putting your selfs on the yok of your own promises. 

It's better to feel unworthy, if not you may risk to become like the worthy brother of the prodical son, agly telling their Farther don't help him, don't bless him he is not worthy. 

Guest shiloh357
On 8/20/2017 at 8:03 PM, LadyKay said:

When ever I have a serious need that I need to give to God to take care of, I feel unworthy to pray.  I feel unworthy to ask God for his help. I keep thinking how I am so imperfect. I don't feel like I am worthy of God's help. 

That's because we are unworthy.  That's why we have His grace to help us.   If we were worthy, we would not need His grace every day. 

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's because we are unworthy.  That's why we have His grace to help us.   If we were worthy, we would not need His grace every day. 

We are worthy in the name of JESUS, because of him, in his love. 

In the love of Jesus Christ. 

I used to follow, and Judge myself from the old scriptures. 

I couldn't understand that those people were not under Grace, in the New Covenant, under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

That time they did not have the Eternal Founten of the blood of the Lamb of God. 

When they sin they were seperated till they were reconsiled, uncleaness according to the law also needed reconsilation. 

The people that time did not have the Grace that came through Jesus Christ to those who believe in him. 

When we dosobey we are not cut off. They were. 

When we sin we are not separated from him and from God, we still have life in him. We have the Eternal Life. 

The wages of their sin was death, in JESUS CHRIST nothing can separate us from the love of God. 

We have the Eternal Life. Death has to come to Jesus before it comes to us. We are in him. In his life. We have our own, but we are under Grace. 

In the life his blood. In his forgiveness, without asking. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/20/2017 at 8:03 PM, LadyKay said:

Hi LK - "Through faith" (Eph 2:8) we are in Christ's position (guiltless), even though we are in our sin-stained condition. When we feel guilt we loose thought of God's promise that we are always in a forgiven position. When we're confused or discouraged, esp. for no apparent reason, we loose thought or have yet to understand that we retain the "old man" (sinful nature) and its affects (Pro 6:27, 28).

I've concluded that the reason why sin yet "dwelleth in me" is for the same reason related to its original presence--to encourage dependence upon God, instead of relying on anything from ourselves. Those reborn have two natures (new and old man) and God uses them "for our good" (Rom 8:28). When we allow guilt feelings to affect us it's because we loss thought of, or have yet to understand the fullness of our forgiven position. Paul shows the activity of the new and old natures in Romans 7:17, 20: "it is no more I (in his new nature) that do it, but sin (in his old nature) that dwelleth in me." 

There are often things believers do that are not fellowship-related with God, and the most significant cause (of course unknowingly to us) in my opinion, is that of misunderstanding the fullness of our being "accepted in the Beloved" (Jesus -Eph 1:6), thus we unintentionally and out of ignorance challenge God's promise of perpetual forgiveness when we allow ourselves to be discourage concerning any guilt. He never punishes those reborn but instead He "chastises" us (same as the Laodiceans , thus we are never in trouble with Him regardless of what we think! It's the old nature in us that is guilty--in which (though still in us) we are no longer considered (Rom 8:9).

When we error it is "unwillful" (Heb 10:26) and due to the sin nature (but that's not why were blameless), therefore we often need to remind ourselves that we are already forgiven--being in the same blameless position in which the Lord Jesus has always been. "For as He is (guiltless and blameless) so are we in this world" (1 Jhn 4:17).

Your Brother In Christ

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Word-Sword said:

Hi LK - "Through faith" (Eph 2:8) we are in Christ's position (guiltless), even though we are in our sin-stained condition. When we feel guilt we loose thought of God's promise that we are always in a forgiven position. When we're confused or discouraged, esp. for no apparent reason, we loose thought or have yet to understand that we retain the "old man" (sinful nature) and its affects (Pro 6:27, 28).

I've concluded that the reason why sin yet "dwelleth in me" is for the same reason related to its original presence--to encourage dependence upon God, instead of relying on anything from ourselves. Those reborn have two natures (new and old man) and God uses them "for our good" (Rom 8:28). When we allow guilt feelings to affect us it's because we loss thought of, or have yet to understand the fullness of our forgiven position. Paul shows the activity of the new and old natures in Romans 7:17, 20: "it is no more I (in his new nature) that do it, but sin (in his old nature) that dwelleth in me." 

There are often things believers do that are not fellowship-related with God, and the most significant cause (of course unknowingly to us) in my opinion, is that of misunderstanding the fullness of our being "accepted in the Beloved" (Jesus -Eph 1:6), thus we unintentionally and out of ignorance challenge God's promise of perpetual forgiveness when we allow ourselves to be discourage concerning any guilt. He never punishes those reborn but instead He "chastises" us (same as the Laodiceans , thus we are never in trouble with Him regardless of what we think! It's the old nature in us that is guilty--in which (though still in us) we are no longer considered (Rom 8:9).

When we error it is "unwillful" (Heb 10:26) and due to the sin nature (but that's not why were blameless), therefore we often need to remind ourselves that we are already forgiven--being in the same blameless position in which the Lord Jesus has always been. "For as He is (guiltless and blameless) so are we in this world" (1 Jhn 4:17).

Your Brother In Christ

Thank you, and 

God bless. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you, and 

God bless. 

You too YCF!

• Loved it! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 8/20/2017 at 7:03 PM, LadyKay said:

I often feel that way.....So...Put what you feel up against what God says....You ARE worthy.  That's what God said. 

Colossians 1:12 (KJV)

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

The word 'meet' means fit,  or worthy...

Also....In spite of feelings....God says that you ARE the righteousness of God in the anointing, wherewith you ARE anointed.

Who is right?  Your feelings?  Or your God?

On 8/20/2017 at 9:59 PM, Gary Lee said:

Well, if you were perfect LadyKay, you probably wouldn't be thinking about praying to God. Prayer is for the imperfect, and the unworthy. Like all of us.

Psa_86:6  Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.

Psa_102:17  He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.

Psa_55:17  Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.Psa_55:22  Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

And Jonah messed up, and felt pretty unworthy and said:  Jonah 2:7  When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.  Then he prayed.

Rom_8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Psa 42:11  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

1Ti_2:8  I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

2Th 1:10  When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
2Th 1:11  Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Heb_4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Psa_66:20  Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

1Th_5:17  Pray without ceasing.

So  Jesus said for me to be perfect...Does that mean, if I am able to get to being perfect tomorrow I won't have to pray anymore?

Matthew 5:48

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

On 8/22/2017 at 2:16 AM, shiloh357 said:

We are not unworthy. Jesus made us worthy.  Stop listening to churchy doctrines and see what the Word (Jesus) says. 

Colossians 1:12 12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Like it or not, my friend, you ARE worthy.  So don't worry...Be happy

Guest shiloh357
26 minutes ago, Denadii said:

We are not unworthy. Jesus made us worthy.  Stop listening to churchy doctrines and see what the Word (Jesus) says.

No, we are unworthy.   Jesus we are declared righteous.  We are not made worthy.   It's false churchy doctrines that feed man's pride and tells him he is worthy.   Only Christ is worthy.