IGNORED

How can I actively show the love of Jesus in tangible ways?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

How can I actively show the incredible love of Christ Jesus to people around me in very tangible ways?

0 homeless pray for the homeless.jpg

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/21/2017 at 2:35 AM, Love is a Verb said:

How can I actively show the incredible love of Christ Jesus to people around me in very tangible ways?

Be friendly.Show interest. Ask questions. Listen. Offer help more than advice. Remember their name. Bring them a jar of Kimchi....:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

By surrendering yourself to His will and allowing Him to live in and allowing Him to live in and through you.  He will manifest Himself, if we get out of His way.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

find a good organization that is helping the people of south Texas and send them money and things to help.   That would be a start.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

By your actions and what you say.

• Loved it! 1

I cant think of anything more loving than to tell people the good news! Dont hide your light. Shine! Ask the Lord to make divine appts and then just trust and follow his lead.

15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

the gospel:

1 corinth :15 Now I would remind you, brothers,[a] of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

2 corinth 4: For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants[c] for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Also  we see in the scriptures other things Christ expects from us as his followers who call him LORD.

Matthew 25:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Blessings :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I cant think of anything more loving than to tell people the good news! Dont hide your light. Shine! Ask the Lord to make divine appts and then just trust and follow his lead.

15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

the gospel:

1 corinth :15 Now I would remind you, brothers,[a] of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

2 corinth 4: For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants[c] for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Also  we see in the scriptures other things Christ expects from us as his followers who call him LORD.

Matthew 25:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Blessings :)

Now that gets a medal of truth dear sister.  We know that it is good to give food to those in need and clothes to those who lack.

BUT , we must KNOW this very deep.    Material needs only sustain life to the body.  OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH but far more important

is it to clothe them and feed them with the true manna and white robes which are found ONLY IN CHRIST.

My advice again to all is this.  IF anyone is sitting in a church that focuses ONLY on the good works to the poor , AND NOT ALSO the FAR MORE

important need to evangelize to them.  MY ADVICE is run so fast from that church or organization that your shadow will wheeze to keep up.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Texas needs volunteers for the Harvey victims.

Yeah , our state got hammered head on with this monster.  Give what you can.   and do it cheerfully.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Texas needs volunteers for the Harvey victims.

Our family had the eye over us a short while, here south of San Antonio Texas, but were actually very fortunate, with very little water damage, and trees down. My son, living close by, had trees failing on his home, but got the roof patched up, and with several friends, headed to coast with trailers of equipment and supplies, for the hard hit area at the coast, Rockport area. No phone availability down there at the coast, but tough as they are, Texans are hurting. Cousins in Houston say their town is a disaster area. And will probably get worse. Sorry about leaving OP. But a good way to show the love of our Lord would be praying for the victims of Harvey, and whatever help offered.

Thanks for the heads up, Yowm

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Our family had the eye over us a short while, here south of San Antonio Texas, but were actually very fortunate, with very little water damage, and trees down. My son, living close by, had trees failing on his home, but got the roof patched up, and with several friends, headed to coast with trailers of equipment and supplies, for the hard hit area at the coast, Rockport area. No phone availability down there at the coast, but tough as they are, Texans are hurting. Cousins in Houston say their town is a disaster area. And will probably get worse. Sorry about leaving OP. But a good way to show the love of our Lord would be praying for the victims of Harvey, and whatever help offered.

Thanks for the heads up, Yowm

I think this is exactly what this thread is about....