IGNORED

Seeking legal seperation after 16 years-6 kids,4 mnths pregnant. Emotionally abusive husband

11 hours ago, readytogiveup said:

Hi. Well, he is very o.c.d. I would clean and he would always come behind me and re clean his way. So after a while of playing that game, i just agreed to let him do it.As far as arrangement, never really was an actual arrangement. Just kinda happened. He claimed he couldn't work so he took it upon himself to attend to the home instead. He kept saying it was the least he could do. That it kept his mind busy. I ran a in home business, so it did help. And I always did let him know that I appreciated his help. I didn't only handle the finances, I paid all bills. I in numerous occasions did tell him it would be good for him to search for maybe a part time. -just so he can get out for a bit. Would make him feel better,since he struggled with depression. He would get upset and felt pressured.

when he would start to work up anger, and start being mean, I would try to go for a walk, to get away from the situation,since my suggestion he do so, fell on deaf ears. He would imprison me and physically hold me down! In my attempt to get loose,I at times did head bop him,but only to have him hold me tighter. Things did get out of hand. I don't deny my wrong in that. But I considered that in a way self defense. Though it WAS fighting fire with fire.

Verbal wasn't all he did. I can't tell you how many times he destroyed the walls,punching through the sheetrock. How many things he broke.-including my cell phone once cause he thought I was texting with a man.. How many threats he threw at me. The more frequent one cps, saying they would take our kids,split them up in foster homes. My kids would cry when they heard that. These were the moments that made me ask him to leave. Not to get even. Not to humiliate him, not cause I felt like the boss. Just to remove the problem. The evil that was affecting my children...

Yes. He kept his money. Kept saying it was to buy his car. But he never did. He would spend a little on ice cream for kids, taking them to the 2dollar theatre. And I didn't really question,since every man is entitled to feel human, and treat their kids a day out every once in a while. -have a little spending money in his wallet... But I figured he had to be putting most of it away... Well when I asked him if he was close to his goal for car,he said he had nothing saved! This is a portion of why this last time I asked him to leave. Everything just had collected and piled. His financial irresponsibility,his not being greatful or appreciative of anything,his rude and hurtful comments,high irritability towards kids. Overly disciplined them. And when he said something was to be done certain way, I respected it. But when I said something, he stepped on my toes. And he could reverse his decisions, change his mind about whatever as far as kids. But if I did it, or showed signs of wanting to, it would bother him. Just to much to write. To many years,to many tears and heartache

I know the bible says a wife must be humble and submissive. But it also says a husband has to lead with love and patience,and Gods guidance. If the husband does not know how to lead, how can a wife follow. If the husband talks about the Lord one day, and the next day acts like he's been possessed by multiple demons, which do you believe? I prayed hard,and chose to believe in Gods miracles. But in the process, was allowing my kids to be damaged ?

Your situation is clearly worse than the way it came across, especially with him holding you down to keep you from leaving, and punching holes in the wall and being destructive.  It sounds like he is on his way to becoming violent without psychiatric help, which you said he refuses to get.  At the same time, if you head bopped him and he didn't lay a hand on you, I am not so sure about that.  Cleaning up behind you just sounds like Felix Unger on "The Odd Couple.:  It seems like you could have just let that slide.  Still, the other stuff is serious.  

I do have one thing I still don't get.  You said your husband works and has three sources of income.  When did he start working?  Has he been responsible to hold down a job?  How long was he out of work?  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Butero said:

Your situation is clearly worse than the way it came across, especially with him holding you down to keep you from leaving, and punching holes in the wall and being destructive.  It sounds like he is on his way to becoming violent without psychiatric help, which you said he refuses to get.  At the same time, if you head bopped him and he didn't lay a hand on you, I am not so sure about that.  Cleaning up behind you just sounds like Felix Unger on "The Odd Couple.:  It seems like you could have just let that slide.  Still, the other stuff is serious.  

I do have one thing I still don't get.  You said your husband works and has three sources of income.  When did he start working?  Has he been responsible to hold down a job?  How long was he out of work?  

The head bob started when I got tired of him hurting my wrist from how hard he was holding me. Then it progressed to bear holds,to where I felt completely trapped.

Cleaning after me wasn't so much what was harmful. What affected me was how irritated he seemed, and actually told me a few times that my mother didn't teach me how to clean. That he had to do everything so it was done right. Made me feel worthless ?

He couldn't really ever hold a job down. He would get in fights with the boss. Or decide he didn't like being told how to do his job. Then he finally got approved by SSI. And just got comfortable with that for years. Until he discovered Uber...Tried that for a while and actually was VERY good at it. One of the top drivers in our area! But the car we had got to be past the allowed age. So he became the stay at home parent,while I went out to work. But then THAT got to him,being home all the time,routine. Long story short, I ended up helping him get the car for him to Uber. After 3 weeks of having the car,when I asked him about if he was now going to help with bills,he exploded and started being very rude! It got so bad, I had no choice but to ask him to leave. So now he lives elsewhere and pays close to nothing in rent,has no bills(other than car payment,which he's behind 2 payments on)He comes and goes as he pleases announcing himself as single,without a worry at the least about his kids. Uses the bible to suit and fit his convenience, and ignores the rest! Idk WHAT to do anymore

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:41 PM, readytogiveup said:

The head bob started when I got tired of him hurting my wrist from how hard he was holding me. Then it progressed to bear holds,to where I felt completely trapped.

Cleaning after me wasn't so much what was harmful. What affected me was how irritated he seemed, and actually told me a few times that my mother didn't teach me how to clean. That he had to do everything so it was done right. Made me feel worthless ?

He couldn't really ever hold a job down. He would get in fights with the boss. Or decide he didn't like being told how to do his job. Then he finally got approved by SSI. And just got comfortable with that for years. Until he discovered Uber...Tried that for a while and actually was VERY good at it. One of the top drivers in our area! But the car we had got to be past the allowed age. So he became the stay at home parent,while I went out to work. But then THAT got to him,being home all the time,routine. Long story short, I ended up helping him get the car for him to Uber. After 3 weeks of having the car,when I asked him about if he was now going to help with bills,he exploded and started being very rude! It got so bad, I had no choice but to ask him to leave. So now he lives elsewhere and pays close to nothing in rent,has no bills(other than car payment,which he's behind 2 payments on)He comes and goes as he pleases announcing himself as single,without a worry at the least about his kids. Uses the bible to suit and fit his convenience, and ignores the rest! Idk WHAT to do anymore

I understand about a professing Christian misusing scripture to justify bad behavior.  That is all too common in this day and age.  Biblically, if a man doesn't provide for his own family, he is worse than an infidel and has denied the faith.  That is what the Bible teaches.  If someone is really following the Bible and the proper order for the family, the man should be the provider, and his wife shouldn't have to work a job.  She should be free to take care of the kids and the home and be a full time homemaker.  It makes me wonder if your husband doesn't know the scriptures or doesn't care.  It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't know them, as most in this generation don't follow the Bible.  The husband is supposed to be the head of the home, but he is to be responsible too. 

I can clearly see why you are at your wits end.  I am not sure that you really had no choice but to ask him to leave.  You clearly did have a choice, but I can see why you were fed up.  If your husband was back home right now, is he capable of supporting you and your family with his three sources of income?  Is it possible for you to be a stay at home Mom?  If you were to put things in such a way to where everything was on him, and the well being of the entire family was his responsibility, do you think he would step up to the plate and be a man, or would you lose everything and be out on the street? 

I think some of what is going on with his single, care free attitude is his way of getting back at you for throwing him out.  That wouldn't be the same if he was back home.  He clearly has bad habits, like neglecting his bills.  You are the one living through this.  It is impossible to get a clear picture from a handful of posts on a message board.  The only fix for this marriage is to follow the Bible, and that means both of you, and that is only possible if you both are willing to do so.  The goal has to be that your husband has a job that pays well enough to support his family.  He seems like the type that doesn't need to be around a supervisor all day, but needs to be working by himself.  I don't like working directly with a supervisor either, so truck driving has been good for me.  Your husband could make good money doing something like that and get free training.  The money could be direct deposited into your bank account and he could get by on advances while on the road.  Just a suggestion.  You have a large family, and the kids need you at home. 

I can tell you this much from experience.  No man is happy when he can't pay his bills.  He won't feel good about himself when his wife and kids aren't cared for.  If your husband is two payments behind on the car, that is because he can't afford to catch it up, so that tells me his job is not paying enough.  He needs training in something that pays better.  I guarantee he has a very low self image, if for no other reason, than he can't pay his bills on time.  Things would change dramatically if he were able to find a job he likes that pays well. 

Your husband's obsession with cleaning up behind you is another mental issue.  That would get on anyone's nerves, but it is a sickness of sorts.  He is bi-polar and obsessive compulsive.  That is not a good combination, plus he has a temper and no patience.  Do you think driving a truck might be something he could do?  If he could do that, he would be on the road a lot of the time, you could still be technically together, and he should be in a better position to support his family.  It is just a thought.  There is no easy fix here because he clearly can't support a family on his income, so your legal separation and demands for child support won't give you the help you need.  You said he wants to come home.  Perhaps if you told him that if he gets his act together first, shows he is responsible and can hold down a job to where he can support his family, and proves himself, then he can return home.  Tell him something like that his family needs him, but he has to be the man of the house, which means he makes sure his family is provided for. 

1 Timothy 5:8 "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

God placed that burden on the man, not the woman.  He can't just immediately have the ability to be a good provider, but he can get training to do something to where he can move in that direction.  He also needs to learn that being the man of the house means he needs to learn to work well with others.  He needs to realize when he flies off the handle and gets himself fired, that effects not only him, but the family God has placed him over to love and protect.  Don't make any quick decisions, but think carefully how you proceed.  Ultimately, your husband has to want to change for anything to work.  If he won't be the provider and if neither of you want to fully follow Biblical guidelines, nothing will change.  All any of us here at Worthy can do is pray for you.  The only other thing I can advise, and I believe I already did, was that you both seek counseling together. 

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for your advice time and opinion.... Things took a turn for the worst... I actually HAD adviced he take time to work on himself. To collect himself,pray,and work on his temper. And honestly,when I have asked him to leave,its always been with the hope and faith that the time away would be medicine. But he is a very proud, angry person, and in the past has instead used his "freedom" to talk to other women! I thought this time it would be different. Since before we weren't legally married and we were younger. But I came to find out its not so. He was talking to an ex girlfriend and when I asked him about it, he claimed it was to talk to her about God! I'm now almost 7 months pregnant and he left when I was a less than a month along. Hasn't given a dime of support and hardly has seen the kids...Yet has traveled to Baja,California,and WHO KNOWS WHERE ELSE. I'm so tired. So exhausted physically and emotionally. Tired of hoping,tired of waiting. Tired of being on this wicked planet,where the bad is abundant,and the lies and injustice seem to provail ? I know this place isn't our home. I just so desperately want to hear those trumpets blown as our savior comes to just end it all

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  932
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,322
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Biopolar- is not so easily known, nor does it seem especially serious in younger people. But it does become a horrible nightmare  to live with  or around over time. The person suffering doesn't necessarily know it, and then later on doesn't want the negative effect of meds. Those close to the person love that person and want to make everything right. It just gets worse and worse over many years until the memory of the better times is distant and the hurts of today dominate all of life. It is a very hard and extremely difficult situation, one that can be exasperating as well as dangerous.

Advice? I suspect you have already been down the same road  for help many times. It is a hard very hard burden that you have. Redouble your efforts. Protect your children at all costs, at all cost! Nothing else matters by comparison. Reach out get every support, physical spiritual and governmental. Praying for you, praying for your husband, and especially praying for your children that they be protected. 

Perhaps a review will help you to go forward: https://www.healthyplace.com/bipolar-disorder/bipolar-support/role-of-family-and-friends-in-a-bipolar-persons-life/

Edited by Neighbor

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 8/23/2017 at 12:15 AM, readytogiveup said:

Hello all, I'm very new here..looking for support/advice from fellow Christians!

I was with him for 16 years. During this time we "seperated" numerous times. I would admit him back after seeing his struggles. It would hurt my soul to see him hurting. Even though when he said the most monstrous things to me,didn't hurt HIS soul one bit ? I wanted to fight for my marriage,since he was and always will be the love of my life. But unfortunately he is Bipolar and let Satan use this far to often. I tried to be understanding but the cuts just got deeper with time. He got so mean and so verbally and emotionally abusive,it started to affect our children.

Fast forward to 2 years ago...I let him move back in because he promised me a list of things... Everything was very good for a while.. But when he would get very upset,he'd aim to kill with his words.

Each of us had our roles at home. I carried all expenses pertaining to the family...rent,car,utilities,toiletries,cell phones-EVERYTHING. He handled household needs like cleaning,cooking,laundry. It worked for everyone,but when he would have an episode,he'd throw it in my face!( the I do everything and you do nothing card).

Towards the end, I went and got a loan for a car he said he needed in order to work for Uber. Handed him 4500 for down payment from a savings account we weren't supposed to touch.. He promised he would pay it back and never screw me over with failed payments.(since he had with prior car I put myself on the line for). Long story short, he's very behind on payments,they called me saying they're ready to repossess! He left almost 4 months ago and not a dime for child/spousal support. Found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after he left. -which I love my kids but we both promised we were DONE. I was blessed with 4 b, 4 g so it was a perfect even team. I had plans to travel out of state to do a summer gig that was financially beneficial to our family. That was out the window soon as I saw a positive test due to how ill I got. Our last child was only 3 months old!

I got very depressed. And to make matters worse,he'd text me with interrogating,accusing,assuming remarks. Most of the time very rude and abusive.

He hates me and accuses me of his failures and tells me I'm on my own now since I kicked him out ☹ What was I supposed to do, if even after I got him the vehicle he refused to be"pressured" to work! After I brought up the conversation and reminded him he had promised to help,he exploded in such a way,I had no other option but to ask him to leave.

Throughout the years,every time he left, I NEVER asked him for financial support. Even let him take our only vehicle,leaving me and children on foot. But I'm kinda tired of taking the fall. And since I am presently unable to work,due to pregnancy(nobody will hire me) and due to what it would cost for childcare, I feel he should finally step up!

So, I need advice. This a very hard and painful process for me. I don't believe in divorce but my heart can't take any more injury. Any advice greatly appreciated..especially from anyone who knows the steps behind the legal process. Thank you kindly for reading. God bless

Hi. From your story, i can tell that the only reason you have stayed in this relationship is because you love him but really love alone just don't do. Love is not a guarantee to a successful relationship/marriage, knowledge and compactibility is. You have just this life, no one should make you feel less of a human all the time, Life itself is too short to be anything but happy. Do yourself and kids a favor, get away from this marriage. 

God is not against divorce, he is only against what divorce does to us. I don't care what anyone thinks but i am sure you too deserve to be happy. It is not going to be easy but you will be grateful you did. 

I don't know what else to say to you but i wish you never go through this pain even for another minute. Take charge of your life now.

Pardon my punctuations and grammer. English is not my first language. 

Shalom. 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:22 PM, peeday said:

Hi. From your story, i can tell that the only reason you have stayed in this relationship is because you love him but really love alone just don't do. Love is not a guarantee to a successful relationship/marriage, knowledge and compactibility is. You have just this life, no one should make you feel less of a human all the time, Life itself is too short to be anything but happy. Do yourself and kids a favor, get away from this marriage. 

God is not against divorce, he is only against what divorce does to us. I don't care what anyone thinks but i am sure you too deserve to be happy. It is not going to be easy but you will be grateful you did. 

I don't know what else to say to you but i wish you never go through this pain even for another minute. Take charge of your life now.

Pardon my punctuations and grammer. English is not my first language. 

Shalom. 

I don't know how anyone can say God is not against divorce, when Jesus said that divorce and re-marriage for any cause but fornication is adultery, and Malachi says God's hates putting away.  Of course God is against divorce!  

The latest post by Readytogiveup doesn't really sound like things are really worse than before.  Her husband talking to an ex-girlfriend is not adultery, and there is nothing to indicate his situation is worse than before.  There is nothing to indicate he was given another chance to come home.  I can't see where things are any different now than before.  

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:34 AM, Butero said:

I don't know how anyone can say God is not against divorce, when Jesus said that divorce and re-marriage for any cause but fornication is adultery, and Malachi says God's hates putting away.  Of course God is against divorce!  

The latest post by Readytogiveup doesn't really sound like things are really worse than before.  Her husband talking to an ex-girlfriend is not adultery, and there is nothing to indicate his situation is worse than before.  There is nothing to indicate he was given another chance to come home.  I can't see where things are any different now than before.  

hello... Actually its VERY disrespectful and is a betrayal for him to have done that especially since he lived with her in the past. There was a conversation about if they got back together,and in my opinion, that conversation should NEVER have taken place,considering hes a married man! Bible says that if you sin in your heart its like you actually committed adultery. He has talked to other women and presents himself as single... Instead of working hard to fix and try to mend, he prefers to fall farther away and"explore", with the excuse that I kicked him out. Things have definitely not gotten better..and offering him opportunity to move back in is scratching at impossible at this point. He has shown NO effort to even want to earn his family back. But I am at peace with it. I for months cried myself to sleep.. But God has slowly been healing me...I am now 7 months pregnant and focused on my kids and coming baby

10 hours ago, readytogiveup said:

hello... Actually its VERY disrespectful and is a betrayal for him to have done that especially since he lived with her in the past. There was a conversation about if they got back together,and in my opinion, that conversation should NEVER have taken place,considering hes a married man! Bible says that if you sin in your heart its like you actually committed adultery. He has talked to other women and presents himself as single... Instead of working hard to fix and try to mend, he prefers to fall farther away and"explore", with the excuse that I kicked him out. Things have definitely not gotten better..and offering him opportunity to move back in is scratching at impossible at this point. He has shown NO effort to even want to earn his family back. But I am at peace with it. I for months cried myself to sleep.. But God has slowly been healing me...I am now 7 months pregnant and focused on my kids and coming baby

The thing is that you did throw him out.   All he is doing is acting out like a teenager would when he is unhappy about something in his life.  Talking to an ex-girlfriend is not the same as cheating.  You are just kidding yourself when you say things like that.  When the Bible says that if a man looks on a woman to lust after her, he has committed adultery with her in his heart, it is not saying he actually committed the act of adultery.  It is making the point that God not only looks on the outward, but he also sees what is in our heart, and it is also a warning that what begins in the heart can lead to actual adultery.  You can't even say your husband looked on her to lust after her.  All he did was talk to her.  That is not adultery, and I don't think talking to her is a betrayal.  

There are two of you involved in this mess, and you are both partly to blame.  It is not all on him.  He certainly has done things that are wrong, but you have as well.  If you really want to do the right thing, you will offer him the opportunity to move back in and work together to fix things.  He needs to man up and you need to stop throwing him out every time you have a fight.  You clearly don't have to listen to my advise.  You can keep looking for reasons to get a divorce, and if you look hard enough, you will convince yourself you have Biblical grounds when you don't.  It all comes down to whether or not you want to do the right thing.  It is all up to you.  

I wish both of you well.  I know what you are going through is no picnic, and you are tired of the fighting and having to deal with your husband's bi-polar problem, but unless you took different marriage vows than I remember, one of them was for better or worse.  Just pray about it and seriously look into your heart and see if you aren't just looking for Biblical grounds to end your marriage, even if they don't exist and if it is possible that the fact you threw your husband out of the house isn't a contributing factor in his behavior.