IGNORED

Atheist Group Calls Bible ‘Hate-Filled Book,’ Says God Worse Than ‘White Supremacist Thugs’

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.50
  • Content Count:  43,983
  • Content Per Day:  7.17
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - An national atheist organization wrote that the Christian Bible “encourages violence and racism” in an Monday letter intended to bully Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin.

“It should be no surprise that this hate-filled book has spawned hateful ideologies and groups to perpetuate those ideologies,” the letter read. “The Ku Klux Klan is and has always been, a Christian group. Klansmen began burning crosses ‘to spread the light of Jesus into the countryside.’ Hitler was a Roman Catholic and his soldiers wore a religious slogan on their buckle belts (Gott mit uns [God with us]).”

The Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) sent the letter to Bevin and berated him for suggesting during an Aug. 15 radio show that proper teaching of Biblical virtues in schools would reduce instances of white supremacist violence. The organization claimed that religious education, and religion in general, would lead to “increased levels of all manner of societal ills, including: violent crime and homicide, poverty, obesity, teen pregnancy, and infant mortality.” [ Source (Read More...) ]

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

8 hours ago, Davida said:

Ya, ok, how be they stand on the steps in front of a Mosque and do their little rant & protest for freedom from Religion? No, they are for ridding the world of Christians & Jews only.  I really wish these people would get their facts straight about Hitler, the KKK and the Bible since it is evident that ALL their comments are founded upon bigotry and sheer stu... ignorance!

They don't go after islam because...1. islam is no threat to their master, since he founded it in the sixth century and 2. they are afraid to, don't want to lose their heads.  The Constitution only guarantees freedom OF religion, btw; not freedom FROM religion. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, Davida said:

so lacking in substance or character or morality but what do we expect without GOD.

Those who don't have God have nothing because He is everything.  They are to be pitied, for sure, and made to see the light, if possible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Could it be possible that they have never met a true follower of Christ?

I was thinking about it too.. Or they never met a true follower of Christ, or they simply "cherry pick" the bad examples of such self considered Christians who don't love one another.

They are blind indeed, they seem to ignore the true Christians or simply distort what they say or believe.

It is like when someone is only interested in poiting the defects of others, waiting for their slightest mistake or given an opportunity to condemn them. Maybe they just expect us to be perfect, as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is perfect.

2 hours ago, Davida said:

But the worse is when they succeed to push out Christianity out of the nation and it will be replaced but by something terrible and cruel.

I feel the same as well. I do not only believe it is possible, but it is the most likely to happen; as scriptures say:

"If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." John 15:18-19

One of the reasons I wonder why the Catholic Church is so embraced by the world and media.

I view that as a negative aspect because real Christians cannot be friends with the world, because they condemn the things that are in it (idolatry, pride, envy, sensuality, hate, sexual immorality, fornication, adultery, greed, murder, hommosexuality, etc).

And what I said above can be easily picked by an atheist, be distorted and taken out of context to say we are all evil and do not seek peace and love.

We do not hate them, we just want that they come to the knowledge and acceptance of the Truth, that they hear and believe in the Holy Spirit.

Hating people, even the ones who say negative things about us and do their maximum effort to destroys us is not compatible with the Christian faith.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Thank God!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Pray with me that God will even use this to turn him around to see the truth and God's love for him, and that He be saved.  

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

""An national atheist organization wrote that the Christian Bible “encourages violence and racism”

Now that come straight from the mouth of the devil, the author of hatred, violence, racism and murder, and his duped pawns.