AlexDofTX

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I have a theory that I want to share and see how everyone feels about this. 

On average, it takes about 7 years for every cell in the body to die and be replaced.  It takes 21 years for an infant to become an adult.  During this time period the cells are not only being replaced but they are also being transformed to create an adult.  But after 21 the seven year cycle only replaces dead cells.

Now, if you have ever made copies of a copy on a copy machine you will have a loss of picture quality.  If you keep making copies of copies, the picture will eventually be totally unrecognizable. 

I believe the spiritual entity we call sin is expressed in all creation as entropy which is the progressive decay of all things.  I believe that the spiritual entity called sin is why we change through aging.  The cycle from 21 to 28 has a slight difference, and we call it a mature look.  Twenty Eight to 35 brings us to middle age and the look changes a little more, but still has that youthful look.  But add another 7 years and keep going we replication is even more off, so much so that when we hit our 70's, 80's and 90's the replication is so far off we have organ failure and natural death.

Now here is my theory.  Jesus was born sinless. His cells still died and regrew, otherwise he could not have grown up.  But is it possible that after 21 the cell replication remained perfect? And if so that means, even though he was crucified at the age of 33, his appearance remained that of a 21 year old?  This might be a reason that John, who was a teenager during the Earthly ministry of Christ, was drawn to him.

What do you all think?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  932
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,319
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, I think you will find the opening premise is in error therefore all that follows fails. For all cells do not replace every seven years. Some do not ever get replaced,some others  evidently replace on a rolling average that amounts to a 10% replacement each year. That means, if it is correct, that  some cells  are around for up to 10 years before ever being first replaced while  others are around only  1, 2 years or 3 and so on.

Is there reason to believe any cell is a copy of another, rather than an  entirely new cell of the same type, but not a copy nor a replica?

Sin is the curse by God upon all the descendants of Adam. it is God's extreme wrath upon his creation that has brought death. The aging of mankind has changed in rate over time, and perhaps that is due to atmospherics under change ever since the great flood which again is due to the wrath of God.

I think the idea that Jesus was 21 permanently or even that anyone is perfect at 21 is a theory built upon fallacies that will not stand. Sorry, I just don't see why anyone will think Jesus was an everlasting, perpetual 21 year old.  

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

IMHO, though He had no sin, by humbling  Himself He took on the weakness of sinful flesh. IOW, he had an ongoing aging process, got tired, hungry, thirsty, pained etc. He never sinned, but carried it's affects. IMHO

I asked this question on another forum and that was the consensus there.  And when you consider that all the material world has entropy, then one wonders  about the body.

So, then, what if Jesus did not go to the cross? He said that no man takes his life but that he laid it down voluntarily.  This statement has been used by some to show that Jesus could not die since he had no sin.  If the aging process occurred in Jesus as it does in us, would that mean, then, that Jesus would never die yet would get older and older and more infirm?

I don't think so.  I think he would have remained forever young.  But this is mere speculation because Jesus came to pay for our sins.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I think you will find the opening premise is in error therefore all that follows fails. For all cells do not replace every seven years. Some do not ever get replaced,some others  evidently replace on a rolling average that amounts to a 10% replacement each year. That means, if it is correct, that  some cells  are around for up to 10 years before ever being first replaced while  others are around only  1, 2 years or 3 and so on.

Is there reason to believe any cell is a copy of another, rather than an  entirely new cell of the same type, but not a copy nor a replica?

Sin is the curse by God upon all the descendants of Adam. it is God's extreme wrath upon his creation that has brought death. The aging of mankind has changed in rate over time, and perhaps that is due to atmospherics under change ever since the great flood which again is due to the wrath of God.

I think the idea that Jesus was 21 permanently or even that anyone is perfect at 21 is a theory built upon fallacies that will not stand. Sorry, I just don't see why anyone will think Jesus was an everlasting, perpetual 21 year old.  

This point has been made before, which is why I said on average.  However, you ask an interesting question, " Is there reason to believe any cell is a copy of another, rather than an entirely new cell of the same type, but not a copy nor a replica?"  This point is definitely the case during the childhood to adulthood phase since the cells are changed to accommodate the growth process.  So, if I understand your question, is it possible that this continues after maturation?  I don't know.  So if your point is right, then the maturing changes might continue, I suppose, to a certain point so that Jesus, who had no sin, would still look like a 33 year old rather than a 21 year old.  That is possible.

As for sin is the curse of God, I disagree with such a statement.  I think sin is a curse we brought upon our selves in Adam.  God is life, not death. I don't think God curses at all. When He told Adam and Eve the curses, I think he was just telling them the consequences of their actions.

Getting back to the idea of everlasting youth, the question I pose relates to what will happen to us in our resurrected glory?  Will age forever and forever in the new heaven and earth?  I don't think so.  I think we will all have a perpetual youthful maturity.  Also consider the antediluvians before the Noahic Flood.  They lived many centuries.  Did they age as we know it? Or was it just extremely slow?  I think my theory is right.  Their replication of cells was only slightly off which why they had such long lives.  The same with the patriarchs who lived 500 years.  That process seems to have sped up so that David in the Psalms (or was it Moses?) said that a man's life would be 70 years.

Really good feedback, Neighbor. Thanks.

"As for sin is the curse of God, I disagree with such a statement.  I think sin is a curse we brought upon our selves in Adam.  God is life, not death. I don't think God curses at all. When He told Adam and Eve the curses, I think he was just telling them the consequences of their actions."

I think I worded my point rather poorly! 

Yet the terrible wrath and curse of God rests upon all of creation, not just Adam and Adam's descendants. God's terrible wrath  brought death to an innocent animal first, in order to make temporary covering over the awareness of sin known to Adam and also  Eve. Yes Adam sinned against God. God's response was the anger of the zealous God at the whole of His creation. 

Anyway, the why's of aging has more than a few theories.

I kinda get intrigued with the canopy theory with cations and anions effect on all life due to the earth being stopped and being reversed in it's spinning direction by God. Of course first one must buy into the idea that the earth stopped, and the direction of spin changed.  The idea being the reversal caused the canopy to collapse, the vapor protection to  fall, and  aging to begin due to radiation from outer atmosphere then  affecting all life.  All great stuff to ponder  I suppose, as I once did many many years ago. That is way too many years to remember all the details back when we were all into alternative medicine,  homeopathic medicine, juicing, lemon water cleansing, fasting, and many other attempts to oddly enough beat what God has established- that we die and are saved from the enemy  death by Christ's sacrifice alone.

Since I have aged, (and how!) and now am either unemployed or retired, or possibly about to start another career path, I am taking a new tact, a new approach, on what I see in the mirror. I now see in that mirror me; my being just like a good old Ford Truck, full of character lines with  those dings, dents, pits, and broken parts, all just being things to increase my marveling  that the rest of me still runs. At this point I really don't care how.

The question "What if this is as good as it gets?" holds no fear for me. For I can hang on till morning, no sweat. And; personally I don't think I would want to go through eternity with what this flesh was from it's beginning anyway.

Edited by Neighbor

4 hours ago, AlexDofTX said:

On average, it takes about 7 years for every cell in the body to die and be replaced.  It takes 21 years for an infant to become an adult.  During this time period the cells are not only being replaced but they are also being transformed to create an adult.  But after 21 the seven year cycle only replaces dead cells.

Now, if you have ever made copies of a copy on a copy machine you will have a loss of picture quality.  If you keep making copies of copies, the picture will eventually be totally unrecognizable. 

I believe the spiritual entity we call sin is expressed in all creation as entropy which is the progressive decay of all things.  I believe that the spiritual entity called sin is why we change through aging.  The cycle from 21 to 28 has a slight difference, and we call it a mature look.  Twenty Eight to 35 brings us to middle age and the look changes a little more, but still has that youthful look.  But add another 7 years and keep going we replication is even more off, so much so that when we hit our 70's, 80's and 90's the replication is so far off we have organ failure and natural death.

Now here is my theory.  Jesus was born sinless. His cells still died and regrew, otherwise he could not have grown up.  But is it possible that after 21 the cell replication remained perfect? And if so that means, even though he was crucified at the age of 33, his appearance remained that of a 21 year old?  This might be a reason that John, who was a teenager during the Earthly ministry of Christ, was drawn to him.

What do you all think?

"Now here is my theory.  Jesus was born sinless. His cells still died and regrew, otherwise he could not have grown up.  But is it possible that after 21 the cell replication remained perfect? And if so that means, even though he was crucified at the age of 33, his appearance remained that of a 21 year old?  This might be a reason that John, who was a teenager during the Earthly ministry of Christ, was drawn to him.

What do you all think?"

Please allow me to answer your question with another question. When you read Isaiah 53 does your mind's eye then see our Lord and savior as a 21 year old might appear?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

GINOLJC, good theory, but, John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life".

now as for the appearance, in body, 1 Corinthians 15:35-38 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body".

On 8/23/2017 at 5:00 PM, Neighbor said:

Please allow me to answer your question with another question. When you read Isaiah 53 does your mind's eye then see our Lord and savior as a 21 year old might appear?

That question means nothing.  Our imagination has no spiritual significance in this regard.  How many times have you listened to a radio host and imagined what he or she looked like solely by their voice, then when you see a photograph of the them, they looked nothing like what you imagined.

if you want Christ to be a 21 year old with special fleshly attributes it is okay by me. Make any theory to support that possibility you want.

As for me; I find that my Lord Jesus was fully human as well as fully God, and as such he would not have been of a flesh different from all  corruptible flesh. Even his resurrected but pre-ascended fleshly body  was marked and marred by the ravages of His life, his being  sacrificed and from the journeys he traveled . He was that man of sorrows. The strain upon him could make Him sweat blood while in prayer.

The Bible declares Jesus was not different from his brothers in any way.  Seems to me if it is individual's sin that  is the only thing that casues aging, then Job should never have been ill in the flesh at all.

" Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham. Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted."

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 8/23/2017 at 0:24 PM, AlexDofTX said:

What do you all think?

you just explained how all human body cells work, Jesus became human just as we are. His cells worked the same as other humans. at 30 he looked 30 at 21 he looked 21.  One should not believe he became human but not like other humans, different in some way better than others.

• Loved it! 1