• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I see, instead of an apology and explanation you changed your original post by removing the word 'your'.

I'm sorry, I've had enough of this, so to prevent any more mischaracterizations of me from you I am putting you on ignore.

If you check the clock on the post, you will see that my new post which is marked one minute before your post, but it was posted right after your post. 

I don't think you had the    chance to read it, before you posted your last post. Hope you repost, you are one of the few people, that I read all their post, and I appreciate your love for JESUS CHRIST and the Truth. And your love for the brotherhood. 

Hope this time it is ok to use the word "your". 

We are not born perfect, but we learn to be careful. 

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

OK, fine, you changed it after you were called out on it (a nearly 30 min. difference). I'm not reporting it but I'm still putting you on ignore for awhile because this sort of thing has gone on a number of times and I'm tired of trying to unwind the tanglement it causes. Sorry. 

I consider your feelings, I am not your thorn in the flesh. 

As you wish, God bless and hope you reconsidered. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/24/2017 at 9:30 AM, Word-Sword said:

Once I discovered the use of the terms “position” and “condition” to help explain the Christians relation to God I quickly understood more specifically the status concerning fellowship with Him in Christ. Positionally, Christians are “as He is” (1 Jhn 4:17); Conditionally, we have a sin nature (Gal 5:17) and a “new “ nature (Eph 4:24; Col 3:10), but even though the sin nature yet affects us (cannot be avoided - Pro 6:27, 28), we are not desirous of it, e.g. not after or “in” the sin nature (Rom 8:9).

We still sin due to the sin nature but it’s “no longer I,” e.g. me in my new nature, “but sin that dwelleth in me,” e.g. me with my old nature - Rom 7:17, 20). This conflict reveals in our condition the infinite difference between sinning “willfully” (Heb 10:26; Num 15:30) or “unintentionally” (Num 15:24-29), which is all a manifestation of the Father’s “work in you” (Phil 2:13).

In our condition we still sin but much more importantly, in our position we stand “spotless” (Eph 5:27; 2 Pet 3:14). Where we are in our condition is what the Father uses to glorify Himself (Mat 5:16); Who we are in our position is with what He uses to fellowship. As it has been well said that, “God does not fellowship with our sin,” that is, not with us in our sin nature (though we’re not in our sin nature - Ron 8:9 - it is in us) but with us in our “new” nature, because it is after the Lord Jesus’ nature (Col 3:10).

Who we are in our new nature is all that the Father regards, thus we need not allow what we are in our sin nature and its affects to distract us in our understanding that it’s us in our position (Heb 1:3; 9:9, 14; 10:2, 22) with which He fellowships. What we are in our condition is used to teach us and to manifest Himself to ourselves and others.

May God give us to always remind ourselves of who we are in our position, more than what we might consider ourselves to be in our condition! One’s position is always vastly more significant than one’s condition! Similarly to the captivity of a king’s son; though restrained—yet a prince!

Bob Hall (NC)

You laid you thoughts and scripture out very nice. was a pleasure to read it. Didn't make one "what the heck is he talking about?" face. Thank you for reminding us.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

You laid you thoughts and scripture out very nice. was a pleasure to read it. Didn't make one "what the heck is he talking about?" face. Thank you for reminding us.

Thanks Rein for your encouraging compliment! Blessings!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.  2Co 4:  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we areperplexed, but not in despair; 2Co 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;  2Co 4:10  Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

This is truly a wonderful passage.

We are but clay, dust and to dust we shall return.  The treasure we have is Christ in us and the power of the the Holy Spirit.  Ephesians 1 tells us our position. We have been imbued with every spiritual blessing contained in the Person of Christ.  We have them by virtue of His life in us. God sees our sin as far as the east is from the west, completely blotted out by the Blood of Christ.  But he sees the Life of His Son in us, which makes us His own--the seal of the Holy Spirt.

So our human condition is that we are a lump of human clay.  Our hardships and persecution leave us dependent on God, dying to self.   As Paul said, no good lies in me.  " Rom 7:18  ESV For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out."  We are totally dependent of the power of God in the Holy Spirit to carry out our desires to do what is right.  Christ in us, the hope of glory, is the good in us.  Only God is good.  Thank You, Jesus.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, Word-Sword said:

Thanks Rein for your encouraging compliment! Blessings!

your welcome

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Willa said:

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.  2Co 4:  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we areperplexed, but not in despair; 2Co 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;  2Co 4:10  Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

This is truly a wonderful passage.

We are but clay, dust and to dust we shall return.  The treasure we have is Christ in us and the power of the the Holy Spirit.  Ephesians 1 tells us our position. We have been imbued with every spiritual blessing contained in the Person of Christ.  We have them by virtue of His life in us. God sees our sin as far as the east is from the west, completely blotted out by the Blood of Christ.  But he sees the Life of His Son in us, which makes us His own--the seal of the Holy Spirt.

So our human condition is that we are a lump of human clay.  Our hardships and persecution leave us dependent on God, dying to self.   As Paul said, no good lies in me.  " Rom 7:18  ESV For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out."  We are totally dependent of the power of God in the Holy Spirit to carry out our desires to do what is right.  Christ in us, the hope of glory, is the good in us.  Only God is good.  Thank You, Jesus.

Thanks Willa - Good stuff!!