IGNORED

THE TRINITY OF THE GODHEAD SEEN IN NATURE

KiwiChristian

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

More Scriptural proof that God has a body.

God first revealed Himself in a mighty way to Moses from the burning bush. From that time on the Eternal and Moses were friends with a "buddy-buddy" relationship. This relationship between the Lord and Moses was so personal that it is recorded, "And the Lord spoke unto Moses FACE to FACE, as a man speaks unto a friend...."(Ex.33:11). Now our "no body" for God teachers will say either this is just a metaphor or God appeared as a human, but when in the "spirit" He has no body or face. Of course that is the answer they will give to any section of scripture where God appeared to men. But there was a time when God appeared to Moses IN THE SPIRIT FORM - the Lord opening up his eyes to see Himself in the spirit dimension, that the human eye can not
usually see, Read the example of the servant of Elisha in
2 Kings 6.

So close a relationship did Moses have with God that Moses was so bold as to ask the Lord to show Himself to him, not as a human but as He really IS. Moses' request is found in
Exodus 33:18. Notice the reply from the Eternal: "....You can not SEE MY FACE; for no man can see me and
live."(verse 20). God did not say to Moses that He did not have a body and so did not have a face and so could not show Himself in the spirit form as having a shape. To the CONTRARY, the answer to Moses SHOWS CLEARLY GOD DOES HAVE A FACE AND BODY! He told Moses that no man could look upon the face of God in spirit form and live. How simpler can the word of God be in this matter? No theological degree needed to understand this verse, just believe it for what it says. In Exodus 33 18, Moses asked God to show him His Glory. "And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory." And God said to Moses; "I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; etc. God also said to Moses, "Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." Exodus 33:18-20.

Moses asked to see God's glory as expressed in His face or countenance, not to see His face apart from His glory. That Moses could have seen God's literal face is clearly stated in verse 11, where it says, "And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face as a man speaketh unto his friend, and that he had seen Gods glory in a limited sense is clear from Exodus 16:10; and 24:17; so the request was for something he had not yet seen. Many others have also seen Gods face and spirit body apart from the glory of God.

Regarding the impossibility of man beholding the face of God when He "dwells in a light whom no man has seen nor can see" (1 Tim. 6:16, Moses became an example of this himself when his face could not be looked upon by the people, Israel, because of its brightness (Exodus 34:29-35; and 2 Cor. 3:6-18). God showed Moses His glory as expressed in His back parts, or the glorious after effects and glimpse of the glory after it had passed by (Verse 20-23). God gave Moses a further revelation of His character and infinite nature in, (Verse 19). The Hebrew word for goodness is "tuwb," superlative good; the best of a person; and absolute beauty. This refers to the infinite beauty or glory of God which was to pass before Moses while he was hidden in the cleft of the rock (Verse 22).

Jacob saw God FACE TO FACE and lived! "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved" (Gen. 32:30). Abraham made a dinner for God and two angels and they ate food (Gen. 18). Moses talked with God face to face (Exodus 33:11-23). Seventy four elders had a banquet with God in Sinai (Exodus 24:9-11). Joshua and all Israel saw God with a sword in His hand (Josh. 5:13-15).

Gidion (Judg. 6:11-23), Manoah and wife (Judg. 13:3-23), David (1 Chron. 21:16-17), Job (42:5), Isaiah (6:1-13), Amos (9:1), and others saw God standing on the ground, sitting on thrones, and having a body with bodily parts like a man. Ezekiel saw God on a chariot and described Him as having an "appearance of a man" with loins and the upper and lower parts of a body like a man (Ezek 1:26-28; 10:1, 20; 40:3). Daniel saw both God the Father and the Son of man as two separate beings at the same time and at the same place. God was on a throne, and had on white cloths, and His hair was white. The Son of man also had a body, had cloths on, and had hair on His head (Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-6). Stephen saw both God and Christ at the same time and place with the same eyes (Acts 7:56-59).

Part of your problem and I suppose it is because you have a unhealthy devotion to Finis Dake, is that neither you nor Dake have any grasp on two things:   Anthropomorphisms and pre-incarnate appearances of Christ.

An Anthropomorphism is where God, who is not human, describes himself in human terms to communicate truth in terms that we can comprehend.  So God uses the imagery of the human body (hands, arms, eyes, ears, etc.) to simply get His point across.  He was not claiming to have a body.   You are applying a hyper-literal, wooden, face-value approach to the Bible that always produces false teaching.

Incidents where where God is physically visible are simply physical manifestations of Christ where he takes on human form.   It does not mean that God has a bodily.   He appeared temporally in human form to Abraham, Joshua, Isaac (actually that was an angel), and to others, as well. 

None of those incidents are meant to indicate that God has a body.   Neither you nor Dake have the theological sophistication to recognize figures of speech or understand the concept of a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Part of your problem and I suppose it is because you have a unhealthy devotion to Finis Dake, is that neither you nor Dake have any grasp on two things:   Anthropomorphisms and pre-incarnate appearances of Christ.

An Anthropomorphism is where God, who is not human, describes himself in human terms to communicate truth in terms that we can comprehend.  So God uses the imagery of the human body (hands, arms, eyes, ears, etc.) to simply get His point across.  He was not claiming to have a body.   You are applying a hyper-literal, wooden, face-value approach to the Bible that always produces false teaching.

Incidents where where God is physically visible are simply physical manifestations of Christ where he takes on human form.   It does not mean that God has a bodily.   He appeared temporally in human form to Abraham, Joshua, Isaac (actually that was an angel), and to others, as well. 

None of those incidents are meant to indicate that God has a body.   Neither you nor Dake have the theological sophistication to recognize figures of speech or understand the concept of a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ.

Neither you nor Dake have the theological sophistication to recognize figures of speech or understand the concept of a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ.

And you do? I don't need any theological sophistication. All I need is what I have, undivided faith in God and His Word. God gave His truths to the simple, and He hid it from the wise and prudent, meaning those who are wise in their own eyes. I am devoted to God and His Word, not men. And as for Dake, when he was alive, he knew more about God's Word than you or I would even know. He was a walking talking Bible. He knew it backwards, he could give hour long sermons on any subject and doctrine, quoting relevant Scriptures without touching his Bible, and I took the time to check them all in my KJV bible. Can you claim to do that?

Matthew 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Luke 10:21, In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Isa. 29: 13-14, Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
v. 14, Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

You just happily go along in your wise and prudent life completely ignoring God's Holy Word.

We are made in "HIS IMAGE AND IN HIS LIKENESS." Why are we visible, why do we have bodies? Could it be because God made us in His image, and in His likeness? or is God lying?

Do you see a world full of invisible human beings or do you see people with bodies having hands, legs, heads, feet, loins, ears, mouth, voice, tongue, and other bodily parts as are mentioned in Scripture when referring to God Himself?  

You just keep ignoring this, He has a heart (Gen. 6:6; 8:21);
And these, Hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18;
Psalms 8:3-6; Rev. 5:1, 6-7);
And these,  Nostrils (
Ps. 18:8); mouth (Num. 12:8); lips
And this, a tongue (
Isa. 30:27;

And all these;

feet, (Ezek. 1:27; Exodus 24:10);
eyes, eyelids, sight (
Ps. 11:4; 18:24;
33:18); voice (
Ps. 29; Rev. 10:3-4; Gen. 1); breath (Gen. 2:70; ears (Ps. 18:6); head,
hair, face, arms (
Dan. 7:9-14;
10:5-19;
Rev. 5:1; loins
(Ezek. 1:26:28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (
Gen. 3:8; 18:1-22; Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7; Exodus 24:10-11);
And many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Neither you nor Dake have the theological sophistication to recognize figures of speech or understand the concept of a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ.

And you do?

Yes, I do.   I understand the Bible's uses of figures of speech while your posts are just copy paste jobs drawn from a heretic.

We are made in "HIS IMAGE AND IN HIS LIKENESS." Why are we visible, why do we have bodies? Could it be because God made us in His image, and in His likeness? or is God lying?

It is not talking about his physical likeness as God has no physical likeness.  God is an omnipresent spirit, which defies any man-made teaching that God has a body.  A body is limited in time and space.  God is not limited in those areas.

And as for Dake, when he was alive, he knew more about God's Word than you or I would even know.

Yeah, after he died his notes had to be edited by the family due to their very heretical views on the Trinity.  The new publications of his study notes don't reflect the crazy stuff he had in his previous editions.   So much for Dake knowing the Bible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/25/2017 at 6:17 AM, KiwiChristian said:

THE TRINITY OF THE GODHEAD SEEN IN NATURE.

Question: How is the Trinity of the Godhead seen in nature as in Romans 1:20 ‘for the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

Answer: a) We see God’s eternal power in earthquakes, volcanoes, wind, millions of stars, galaxies, waves, floods, lightning, sun, moon, nuclear bombs, etc.

b) We see the Trinity of the Godhead with so many things coming in ‘threes’, reminding us of Father, Son, Holy Spirit, all three members of the creator Godhead. Examples include:

1) The Physical Universe: Space, mass, time.

2) Space: 3 dimensions of space are: length, breadth, height.

3) Mass: 3 phases of matter are: solid, liquid, gas.

4) Time: 3 tenses of time are: past, present, future.

5) Light: 3 directions of light wave oscillation are: horizontal, 
vertical, back and forward.

6) Colours: 3 primary colours of light are: red, blue, yellow.

7) Kingdoms: 3 Kingdoms are: Animal, vegetable, mineral.

8) Animal: 3 main kinds of Animal are: fish, bird, land animals.

9) Minerals: 3 main kinds of Minerals are: igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic.

10) Heavens: 3 heavens are: atmosphere, space, God’s throne.

11) Man: 3 components of Man are: body, soul (personality), spirit. (I Thess. 5:23).

12) Divine institutions: 3 Divine institutions are: marriage, human government, church.

13) Musical notes: 3 notes make up a musical chord.

14) Sub-atomic particles: 3 main sub-atomic particles are: proton, electron, neutron,.

15) Mankind: 3 divisions of the human race: Jew, Gentile, Church of God. (I Cor.10:32).

That is a hard one:) let's see..

an egg-shell yoke and white? 

a plant-sap stems and leaves?

a song- instrument, melody and rythum?

Question: How is the Trinity of the Godhead seen in nature as in Romans 1:20 ‘for the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

Answer: a) We see God’s eternal power in earthquakes, volcanoes, wind, millions of stars, galaxies, waves, floods, lightning, sun, moon, nuclear bombs, etc.

b) We see the Trinity of the Godhead with so many things coming in ‘threes’, reminding us of Father, Son, Holy Spirit, all three members of the creator Godhead. Examples include:

11) Man: 3 components of Man are: body, soul (personality), spirit. (I Thess. 5:23).

12) Divine institutions: 3 Divine institutions are: marriage, human government, church.

14) Sub-atomic particles: 3 main sub-atomic particles are: proton, electron, neutron,.

15) Mankind: 3 divisions of the human race: Jew, Gentile, Church of God. (I Cor.10:32).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, KiwiChristian said:

Hi KiwiChristian,

So appreciated your post. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Sorry about those who don`t understand the intent of your post - `invisible things of Him ....clearly seen.` Great thoughts when sharing with unbelievers, and those seeking to understand something of the Godhead.

I loved my visits to NZ and really appreciate what I learnt at the Apostolic Bible College, Te Nikeau at Paraparaumu. (sp)

regards, from your sis, in the little isle off the coast of NZ. (private joke ay.)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi KiwiChristian,

So appreciated your post. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Sorry about those who don`t understand the intent of your post - `invisible things of Him ....clearly seen.` Great thoughts when sharing with unbelievers, and those seeking to understand something of the Godhead.

I loved my visits to NZ and really appreciate what I learnt at the Apostolic Bible College, Te Nikeau at Paraparaumu. (sp)

regards, from your sis, in the little isle off the coast of NZ. (private joke ay.)

Marilyn.

Thank you so much, my friend.

I find many people here seem to hate the truth and are very thin-skinned.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Just now, KiwiChristian said:

Thank you so much, my friend.

I find many people here seem to hate the truth and are very thin-skinned.

Hi Kiwi,

Yes, and you soon learn who is really seeking to know the Lord and being gracious to others and those who are not. I just keep posting and know that many will appreciate and leave the rest to the Lord. So don`t be discouraged, there are many here with humble, gracious hearts and you will find them as you journey on here at Worthy.

I see you live near Nelson. I went with the family many years ago on the Milford track & so enjoyed it.

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

The other one wrote;

Have you read and checked the hundreds of Scriptures provided, showing God has a body and has been seen by men with their own eyes, or are you simply assuming what you have been taught and believe is the truth and basing your belief on just one Scripture, (John 1:18, which simply means "To fully comprehend  or understand God" as Jesus does, while ignoring the hundreds teaching otherwise?

I don't "think" anything. I simply believe what God has revealed about Himself through hundreds of plain, simple, clear Scriptures, and I thank Him for opening my mind to His truth.

John 1:18, No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Greek, horao, like our English "seen," means to see with the eyes and also see with the mind. That it means here to "comprehend fully," or understand is clear from the fact that many men have seen God with the eyes (Gen. 18:2, 33; 32:24-30; Exodus 24:10; 33:11; Josh. 5:13; Isa. 6; Ez. 1:26-28; Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-6; Acts 7:56-59; Rev. 4:2-5; 5:1-7).

The verse could read, "No man has ever comprehended or experienced God at any time in all His fullness, save the only begotten Son . . . . He hath declared Him."

That Christ is the first to experience God in the fullness of the Holy Spirit is clear from John 3:34; Acts 10:38; Isa. 11:1-2; 61:1-2; Luke 4:16-18.

that doesn't negate the fact that Jesus said no one has seen the Father.....  you are really twisting the greek to your position.   Just take it for what it says.

John says that before Jesus was human he was in the form of God.....   Jesus in his pre incarnate form is the old testament God of Israel that Moses saw, not the Father.