• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Cletus said:

soma = body  psyche=soul, or what some call mind will and emotion.  all three parts have a distinct name even in greek.  the spirit and soul are not thee same. 

Its in our psyche that we must sometimes deny our own will, and accept The Fathers will. 

I would encourage you to do an indepth study of this yourself.  even dig into the root words in the greek.  and pray and meditate on this. 

The New Testament was probably not originally written in Greek, and the Old Testament certainly was not.  Word studies are fine, but they are predicated on the Greek translation, not the original languages the Testaments were written in.  A simple word study is inadequate.  Only the original autographs are inerrant.  Man corrupts everything he touches. 

12 hours ago, Base12 said:

You mean you've never heard of the Son being separated from the Father?

It's quite a story you know.

:king:

You never directly respond to any question I ask, instead filling up your posts with meaningless graphics, this being the exception so you could insult me.  I will put you on Ignore so I'm not bothered by questionable posts that add nothing to the conversation.  I was fooled into believing you were more than what you really are.  My error.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, HAZARD said:

Hi Saved, One. y, Grace.

I have posted these scriptures before regarding body soul and Spirit. I'll dig them up out of my documents. I hope this helps.

Every living thing has a body, soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. 

The body of any being is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwells (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:12; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10). There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies; and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49).

Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures.

If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

The soul is that invisible part of all living beings that feels, the seat of his affections, emotions, passions, and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows, the seat of his intellect, mind, and will, and that which gives him self-determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2:11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21; Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

The Bible teaches that unsaved men do not have God's Spirit in them (Rom. 8:9-16; John 4:4-6); that God's Spirit is not received until the new birth (John 3:1-5; 14:17; Rom. 8:9-16) ; that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and beasts (Eccl. 3:21) ; that there is a difference between breath and spirit (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16;  Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).  If we try to substitute breath for soul and spirit in all of the above passages we will see how ridiculous such meanings are.

You've outlined a whole study series with this post.  I am looking forward to going through this post and referenced scriptures over the Labor Day holiday.  God's blessings upon you my brother in Christ Jesus.

I see on another thread where you took some heat for defending Dr. Finis Jennings Dake.  We should all be reminded even as born-again Christians, none of us are perfect.  Did he get some things wrong?  I believe he did but that shouldn't lessen all that he got right.  Baby ... bathwater ... etc.  YEC completely ignore the fact that Charles H. Spurgeon believed in an Old Earth.  (See Spurgeon and an Old Earth Creation).  Should we throw out everything Spurgeon preached?

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You never directly respond to any question I ask, instead filling up your posts with meaningless graphics, this being the exception so you could insult me.  I will put you on Ignore so I'm not bothered by questionable posts that add nothing to the conversation.  I was fooled into believing you were more than what you really are.  My error.

Too bad.

I spent a lot of time answering one of your questions with this post...

I made it just for you since your other post was deleted and thus I couldn't answer your question directly.

That's gratitude for you... lol.

Anyhow I've asked for all of my posts to be deleted and my account closed, so if anyone sees this, just know a Brother tried with much love to share his thoughts with you.

God bless you all!

• 6 months later...

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

The subject of God and the Trinity on the PTL show. (Finis J. Dake)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Os6OCbdG5Q