Crazy4U

Saved from what exactly?

Is it right too say that Jesus is saving those who believe in him from his punishment, not sin itself. 

I mean if hell didn't exist, what would Jesus be saving you from exactly?

8 hours ago, Crazy4U said:

Spiritual death, to my interpretation. For those who are not saved, their death on Earth is final.

I think of salvation being less about being saved from something (death) than saved for something (life eternal).

My understanding is mostly based on the Gospel of John and the Book of Revelation.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Bible says the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23 for the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

When you break the law and get a speeding ticket the results of your speeding is the ticket. The result for your sins is death.  But Jesus Christ in his great Mercy, paid the price for your sins, so that you might have eternal life with God. 

Jesus is saving you from Eternal death and Damnation which is the penalty for sin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Crazy4U said:

Is it right too say that Jesus is saving those who believe in him from his punishment, not sin itself. 

Yourself.  Man kind has a fallen nature ever since Adam and Eve ate the fruit of The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.  God is Holy, that is, without sin.  Pure pure. 

its our sin nature that is the reason we do what we should not and dont do what we should.  And we cant help it. 

But God,

can and wants to.  True prosperity is from within.  And He wants to prosper us.  He wants to give us new life.  and this life is not with emphasis on time, though there will be plenty of that, its more about quality.  absence of deceit and manipulation, of violence, lies, and all sorts of immorality.  And sure one might say well i am not as immoral as others... but something is either clean or dirty.  

Its by Following Jesus that we can be more Christlike, which equates to sinning less and less, until that glorious day where we are with Him. 

God will not allow sin in His presence. So no, its not accurate to say Jesus does not save us from sin.  He came to save us while we were yet sinners. 

Who the Son sets free is free indeed.

Edited by Cletus
  • Loved it! 2

Isn't it kind of a moot point? Hell does exist. We are dead, separated from God by our own sin.

18 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Isn't it kind of a moot point? Hell does exist. We are dead, separated from God by our own sin.

I dont think its a moot point because if we only believe to avoid going to hell then we miss out on the blessing of becoming more and more like Jesus.

Jesus told the woman caught in the act of adultery to go and sin no more.  Sin, as you said separates us from God... Jesus' death separates sin from us. 

There is more to it than just avoiding eternal damnation.  And we can access this here and now.   Thru The Spirit.  And its more abundant Life.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

When we sin its like we curse ourselves.  The book says sexual sin is against your own body... in proverbs it says a thief must repay 7fold and the substance of his house.  When we sin it does not only do us bad, but others around us.  Even if you dont sin all day, at the end of the day you are dirty because you walked among sin and still need to ask God in prayer to cleanse you.  sin is bad stuff.  it brings death. God is all about life. 

Hell isnt the problem.  Sin is the problem.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

On 8/25/2017 at 5:59 AM, Crazy4U said:

Sin, Satan, the world, requirement of the law, His Judgment, SELF.

• Loved it! 1

That which we began in and the sensuality accompanied thereby... The born new from God above >'born again'< is enabled by God The Holy Spirit to gather from The Scriptures sustenance of eternal keeping upon which the transformation from that which ends into the eternity without end 'IS' purely transferable... It is a strange thing to live in that which we cannot know and have perfect peace in doing so Col 3!

2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)

[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

a literal fulfillment awaits us all who are born from above:

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Revelation 21:1 (KJV)

[21:1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

May the hope of eternity motivate within the ending toward the beginning without end... Love, Steven 

• Loved it! 1

We will be saved from the wrath to come.  I consider that the be the last part of the tribulation when God sends  "natural" disasters upon the earth.    They are called the bowls of wrath.  Prior to that it was mostly wars and the aftermath of war, like starvation and disease.  

As we become aware That God not only saved us from sins from which we ask for deliverance, we are also sinners--the old man.  So we ask God to make something beautiful out of the mess we have made of our lives.  God does this by placing a new heart and a new Spirit within us that is by the Holy Spirit, His own life and power.  So He saves us from ourselves as we let the old man die so that the new life born of God can be seen in us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

On 8/25/2017 at 5:59 AM, Crazy4U said:

But hell does exist so you can not say "if hell didn't exist". Everyone has to make a choice where they want to spend their eternity. You would also be saved for the future judgement and wrath of God which will be the seven year tribulation. It will be a nightmare.