Crazy4U

Saved from what exactly?

11 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

My Wages~! Give Me My Wages Now~!

Reminds me of a bumper sticker awhile back..."Despite inflation, the wages of sin remain the same". :groan:

• Haha 2

On 8/25/2017 at 8:59 AM, Crazy4U said:

Is it right too say that Jesus is saving those who believe in him from his punishment, not sin itself. 

I mean if hell didn't exist, what would Jesus be saving you from exactly?

Christ Jesus came to save us from the Power of sin that is in the world since Adam and Eves fall from Gods Grace.

Asking the question:

Saved from what exactly?

Is a good question, and many who truly search God plan for their lives go through asking this very same question.

I know i did.

At one point I became very mixed up with works ideals and looked into philosophy, and comparative religions, this led me to searching and seeking outsdive my original christian faith.  

At one point in my early 30ies began to question why exactly did Christ come and die on the cross, is not God sufficient enough I becan asking myself and also asking God to explain to me. I believe the Holy Spirit of God allowed for me to find a christian audio cassette explaining, the reason Christ Jesus came to earth and was crucified.

That was the beginig of a renewed and more clear understanding .

It all begins in the the garden of Eden, where men got seduced by satan to sin.

By their-Adam and Eves fall from grace, the whole earth(plant, animal, fish, insects, soil, ) got affected by sin. there was no more peaceful harmony between these like before their fall. Now the world was tainted by the influence of satan(whoese only purpose is to steal, kill destroy) and who was cast out of heaven to the earth.

All humans born after Adam and Eve, have this -sin- genome in them. And that  -sin-genome needs to be covered by the blood of Christ Jesus- whose blood was shed to buy us back from the power of sin.  Look to Isaiah ch53 It was finished on the cross  for the sins of mankind, provide  manking come to god asking for His plan of Mercy and Grace.

God gives us the same choice like He gave Adam and Eve.

We have the choice to choose God

or to choose sin.

What is sin?

Sin is anything that is leading to death.  death of the mind, death of the body and ultimately death of the soul in that is become cut off from God.  Look to 1 John chapter 1

The more a person sins, the more thyey corrupt themselves, their, body, their mind, their conscience away from God.

Psalm 22 explains how Christ Jesus was crucified on the cross , and how He came to fulfill that prophecy to the point of reciting that chapter on the cross.

All this was in place by God  to unite us back to God And to have the POWER through Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God, to  find our way home in Him and working in our hearts, to overcome sin and become step by step new creation in Him, so also to one day reunite complete with Him inheaven.

Christ Jesus the only begotten Son of God that is part of the trinity of the God : God the Father, Son , Holy Spirit. allows us to unite back to God2 Corinthians 5:17 If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.

God employs everything for His ultimate Glory.

God can take what is broken and restore it, providing we choose Him over satan and the sins he tried to tempt us with so to fall and be joined to him instead of God, Remember, satan comes to steal from what is Gods, he come to kill what is Gods and ultimately h come to destroy permanently what is Gods.

If you follow satan and fall into the traps of sin and don't ask God for help to be salvaged from them, you will ultimately die to sin and end up in the same place as satan.

if you follow gods plan of Mercy and Grace and ask for forgiveness of your sins and ask God to have mercy lay your sins at the foot of the cross where Christ Jesus died for the sins of ALL mankind, and ask Christ Jesus into your heart , wash away your sins and to make you a new creation, He will wash away your sins, He will come and make His home in your heart and He will change your heart so that your conscience will be renewed to wholeness where you will not desire to sin like you use to.

If you still like to sin like you used to, than you need to really question how sincere have you been in seeking a TRUE relationship with God?

Of course we will always have the sin nature in us through our lives and will be tempted on a regular basis with new challenges.

but that is in place so that we learn to become overcomes through Him.

virtue that is not tested is not virtue.

God never makes us his puppets. God gives everyone choice to choose.

By our choices we ultimately seal our fate. Every actions has a reaction.

He gives us the choice to choose  Him, His way of wholesomeness that lead to life , life abundant and eternal in God presence.

or to choose satan, his ways of sin, that lead to sickness that leads to dead, death eternel away from Gods presence

How do you know if you are sinning?

Ask yourself if what you are doing is destructive bringing harm? to you, someone else, something else, the planet? If it is something that is ultimately destructive, it is sin.

God gives us HIS conscience by His Holy Spirit making His home in our hearts that GUIDE and HELP to lead us AWAY from sin and to deliver us from evil.

Te Holy Spirit of God is our HELPER that Christ Jesus mentioned we who choose Christ Jesus will receive.

John 16:7 Christ Jesus said:

7But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8And when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:…

John 15:26 Christ Jesus said:

25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated Me without reason.’ 26When the Advocate comes, whom I will send you from the Father — the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father — He will testify about Me. 27And you also must testify, because you have been with Me from the beginning.…

John 14:26 Christ Jesus said:

25All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you. 27Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.…

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

what is the first commandment?

Mark 12:30

30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’[a]This is the first commandment.[

Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

• Loved it! 1

On 8/25/2017 at 3:59 PM, Crazy4U said:

Is it right too say that Jesus is saving those who believe in him from his punishment, not sin itself. 

Sorry, what do you mean by "not sin itself"? Saving from sinning? Or from punishment for sin? He does not save a person from sinning as people are free and some commit sins. He can save one from punishment if a person believes in Him, regrets his sins and does not commit them again. Then there is no "if" in our faith. Hell does exist. 

Edited by vlad
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2017 at 11:07 AM, vlad said:

Sorry, what do you mean by "not sin itself"? Saving from sinning? Or from punishment for sin? He does not save a person from sinning as people are free and some commit sins. He can save one from punishment if a person believes in Him, regrets his sins and does not commit them again. Then there is no "if" in our faith. Hell does exist. 

Its just a tatic of satan... they don't ever answer about Jesus when questioning Him.

10 hours ago, 7thseal said:

Its just a tatic of satan... they don't ever answer about Jesus when questioning Him.

It was not any tactic. I am frank with you. I just did not understand the message. Sorry. I still do not understand the original message. If you could repeat it but in some other words it would be helpful. If not then never mind it 

Jesus came to give us life and life more abundantly.....so he saved us from having to live a life with no abundance......less joy, less peace,etc.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:34 AM, vlad said:

It was not any tactic. I am frank with you. I just did not understand the message. Sorry. I still do not understand the original message. If you could repeat it but in some other words it would be helpful. If not then never mind it 

Not your response... the person question is what I was responding to. Your response is spot on but they're not seeking truth is what I was responding to.

46 minutes ago, 7thseal said:

Not your response... the person question is what I was responding to. Your response is spot on but they're not seeking truth is what I was responding to.

O.K.

another thing...saved from the vainess/emptiness/unquenchableness of this world.

Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
(Joh 4:13-14)

On 8/25/2017 at 7:59 AM, Crazy4U said:

Without a lot of detail. Everything 'good' comes from God. With eternal separation from God, there is no good. So without God, everything left is bad. So in short, Jesus is saving us from eternal separation (bad).