• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

15 hours ago, Running Gator said:

There is nothing going on today that has not been going on for all of recorded history.  

I personally find the unnatural devotion of many Christians to the political right to be of more concern, yet many think it is a good thing

Amazingly there was NO STATE of ISRAEL until 1948.  Remember that Jesus said when ALL OF THESE THINGS ... he gave an illustration of the Fig Tree ... a symbol of Israel.

I'm aware of politics, and keenly aware of events happening, but it's not because of my affiliation with any party.  I'm a registered independent.  I vote because it's a duty.  Now, when I vote, I choose the party which platform is closest to my personal beliefs.  It just so happens, that I believe abortion is an issue that you can't turn a blind eye to!  For Proverbs says this,

Proverbs 24:11-12  Rescue those who are being led away to death! Indeed, hold back those who are staggering to the slaughter!  If you say, “Behold, we didn’t know this;” doesn’t he who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, doesn’t he know it? Shall he not render to every man according to his work?

As far as Trump is concerned, I believe he's fulfilling the situation at hand for the times in which we live as the Lord warns us in 2 Timothy 3.

I watch the news, and am keenly aware -- but it's not because of POLITICS, it's because it's MY DUTY to be WATCHMAN!

Eze 33:4  Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. 
Eze 33:5  He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. 
Eze 33:6  But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, Running Gator said:

There is nothing going on today that has not been going on for all of recorded history. 

Which is factually incorrect. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Which is factually incorrect. 

The bible tells us that...

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Not doing either.

I have been told that many of my post add nothing to the kingdom so I was trying to determine how this did so, in order to perhaps correct the errors in my postings.  

It is intelligently speaking to the way the church is being hi-jacked by the progressives and the radical left to the degree that the Left would eventually take unto themselves the right to tell Christians what they may or may not openly profess to believe.   The Left has decided that they alone possess the sovereign and infallible authority to define what "hate" is and then expunge anything or anyone that doesn't comport with their particular definition of that term and Christians are the primary target of their rage.

He simply points out the irony of their attempt to shape and to create a secular "theology"  while at the same time opposing religion and religious freedom.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done

Amazingly -- there was a nation called ISRAEL.  THEN there wasn't a nation called Israel for over 2000 years!  And then AGAIN it comes around after 200o years -- a nation called ISRAEL.

You can see, that this is a DIFFERENT time then the previous 2000 years BEFORE the nation of Israel came about again.  

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

The bible tells us that...

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Which is something you are completely ripping from its immediate context.   That passage occurs in a discussion of the ongoing processes of nature, the  rivers flowing to the seas, the rising and setting of the sun, the circuits of the wind, etc.

It has nothing to do with saying that every work of man we see today has been going on since the beginning of time.  That is simply not true.  

9 minutes ago, George said:

Amazingly -- there was a nation called ISRAEL.  THEN there wasn't a nation called Israel for over 2000 years!  And then AGAIN it comes around after 200o years -- a nation called ISRAEL.

You can see, that this is a DIFFERENT time then the previous 2000 years BEFORE the nation of Israel came about again.  

True enough.

57 minutes ago, George said:

Amazingly there was NO STATE of ISRAEL until 1948.  Remember that Jesus said when ALL OF THESE THINGS ... he gave an illustration of the Fig Tree ... a symbol of Israel.

Assuming that is what Jesus meant.  The one thing about prophecy that never changes is that nobody really knows what it means till after it happens. 

I'm aware of politics, and keenly aware of events happening, but it's not because of my affiliation with any party.  I'm a registered independent.  I vote because it's a duty.  Now, when I vote, I choose the party which platform is closest to my personal beliefs.  It just so happens, that I believe abortion is an issue that you can't turn a blind eye to!  For Proverbs says this,

Proverbs 24:11-12  Rescue those who are being led away to death! Indeed, hold back those who are staggering to the slaughter!  If you say, “Behold, we didn’t know this;” doesn’t he who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, doesn’t he know it? Shall he not render to every man according to his work?

I also believe we cannot turn a blind eye to abortion, I just find basing votes upon the issue to be nothing more than a symbolic gesture.  For more than 30 years that has been the single biggest issue people have cast their votes based upon and yet the rate of abortion per female in the US is basically the same as it was 2 years after RvW.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I have wondered that with all the vitriolic attacks against trump in other threads. Yet they continue.

What some consider attacks. Others consider nothing more then the truth being reported. 

With that said I have not seen any "attacks" on the president on here. Only disagreements with his policies or criticism of this job performance. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Christianity is under attack...

I keep hearing this but I am not sure what is meant by it. Considering Christians in some countries are having their heads chop off. Seems we Christians have it rather good here. Yet I keep hearing that we are under attack. :39:

• This is Worthy 1