shiloh357

the Church of the Left

On 8/28/2017 at 6:38 PM, Running Gator said:

My comments have nothing to do with the affects of abortion but with the lack of effects from 30 plus years of single issue voting.  What has that gotten us?  It has gotten us a larger government and less personal freedoms while not having any effect on the rate of abortions in the country. 

Do you think it is just coincidence that we have not had a true fiscal conservative voted into office since the ruling of RvW?   12 presidential election cycles of one issue voting and not a single fiscal conservative ever voted into office.   Why do you think our current president became suddenly pro-life, he knew it would get him elected.  

All that and zero change to abortion.  

There is an old saying that doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.  When will it be time to try something different?  How many more years of voting the same way till people realize it is not working?  Will it take another 30?  Will they ever see the light?

All I really got out of that was "Well, we can't change it, so let's just give up."  Who cares about abortion, because you cannot fix it.

I care.  I care about unborn children who are being murdered, right now, as I write this.  Being a fiscal conservative is more important than wishing our country would stop murdering children daily?  You keep talking about one issue voting.  If you were going to vote one issue, wouldn't it make more sense to at least attempt to cast your vote in hopes of saving lives instead of that vote being based on the control of cash flow?  That's a no-brainer to me.  It does not matter that that vote has not changed anything.  At least I attempted to do something about the problem instead of adopting the attitude of "resistance is futile."  That is the actual reason nothing has changed in regards to abortion in this country.  Apathetic voters who now dismiss the issue because it's been around so long they just don't think about it anymore.  And they don't care.

59 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

All I really got out of that was "Well, we can't change it, so let's just give up."  Who cares about abortion, because you cannot fix it.

I care.  I care about unborn children who are being murdered, right now, as I write this.  Being a fiscal conservative is more important than wishing our country would stop murdering children daily?  You keep talking about one issue voting.  If you were going to vote one issue, wouldn't it make more sense to at least attempt to cast your vote in hopes of saving lives instead of that vote being based on the control of cash flow?  That's a no-brainer to me.  It does not matter that that vote has not changed anything.  At least I attempted to do something about the problem instead of adopting the attitude of "resistance is futile."  That is the actual reason nothing has changed in regards to abortion in this country.  Apathetic voters who now dismiss the issue because it's been around so long they just don't think about it anymore.  And they don't care.

What I get from this is "Our way or the highway cause we are the people doing it right and all else is nothing but excuses."

Gator is making a point and you are dismissing it while trying to pin something on him that isn't his to wear. Something was wrong spiritually when R v W came about and the church fought in the flesh and still does. With all the mega churches and influential people like Rick Warren one would think our country would be influenced by Judeo Cristian values but the opposite has happened ever since. The stew was a mess before R v W and has become toxic over time.

This kind of argumentation is why boards like this become meaningless. A point is never really made clearly because someone needs to simply win win win. It's actually repugnant.

I hate the enemy that traps people in the ways of this world. We could rid the place of infidels and leftists and stone thous found aborting but then we would be doing the devils work and not Gods. People do not see the love of God when we fight the way the world does, they're always going to be better at it than the church, kind of like rock and roll. I saw a sign about ten years ago in Washington that read "Jesus, save us from your followers." I don't expect you would come to understand that may have some meaning for us to consider.

Every Christian that I have heard trying to make a point like Gator has always been drowned out by the cries you have cried and people move on, but he is right. Something must change. And that change must be spiritual.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zemke said:

What I get from this is "Our way or the highway cause we are the people doing it right and all else is nothing but excuses."

Gator is making a point and you are dismissing it while trying to pin something on him that isn't his to wear. Something was wrong spiritually when R v W came about and the church fought in the flesh and still does. With all the mega churches and influential people like Rick Warren one would think our country would be influenced by Judeo Cristian values but the opposite has happened ever since. The stew was a mess before R v W and has become toxic over time.

This kind of argumentation is why boards like this become meaningless. A point is never really made clearly because someone needs to simply win win win. It's actually repugnant.

I hate the enemy that traps people in the ways of this world. We could rid the place of infidels and leftists and stone thous found aborting but then we would be doing the devils work and not Gods. People do not see the love of God when we fight the way the world does, they're always going to be better at it than the church, kind of like rock and roll. I saw a sign about ten years ago in Washington that read "Jesus, save us from your followers." I don't expect you would come to understand that may have some meaning for us to consider.

Every Christian that I have heard trying to make a point like Gator has always been drowned out by the cries you have cried and people move on, but he is right. Something must change. And that change must be spiritual.

If that is what you are getting from it then you would be incorrect.

I am not trying to pin anything on anyone.  I am saying that it is patently apathetic to sit back and expect the situation to change by itself or think that just saying "Jesus is Love" is going to make abortion go away.  Why would the country be influenced to Judeo Christian values by someone like Rick Warren when he does not actually preach the Gospel?

It is not about winning and insults are un-necessary.  People are dying while you seem to be saying we should just sideline ourselves and do nothing to stop it.

I do not want to rid the world of anyone.  Where do you get that?  You are incensed because there are still people who will actually call abortion what it is, or????  I do not understand where your angst is coming from.  Are we supposed to not point out that this behavior is wrong?

Ironic that you are castigating me for my supposed bad behavior while you insult me twice in the same post.  Some one who insults while accusing someone else about supposed bad behavior damages their own credibility.

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If that is what you are getting from it then you would be incorrect.

I am not trying to pin anything on anyone.  I am saying that it is patently apathetic to sit back and expect the situation to change by itself or think that just saying "Jesus is Love" is going to make abortion go away.  Why would the country be influenced to Judeo Christian values by someone like Rick Warren when he does not actually preach the Gospel?

It is not about winning and insults are un-necessary.  People are dying while you seem to be saying we should just sideline ourselves and do nothing to stop it.

I do not want to rid the world of anyone.  Where do you get that?  You are incensed because there are still people who will actually call abortion what it is, or????  I do not understand where your angst is coming from.  Are we supposed to not point out that this behavior is wrong?

Ironic that you are castigating me for my supposed bad behavior while you insult me twice in the same post.  Some one who insults while accusing someone else about supposed bad behavior damages their own credibility.

to quote a standard fellow on the boards, Pfff

5 hours ago, Zemke said:

When you act that dismissively to someone who hasn't wronged you, it's apparent that you're full of "pfff".

7 hours ago, Zemke said:

I don't know quite why you chose me to vent on, but it seems that you have no problem doing it to someone else, but do not like it back.  You could have said everything you said with a great deal more tact and also could have managed to say it without using spurious insults.  Insults do nothing beyond negating everything you say that might have any worth.  

RunningGator and I disagree on about 75% of everything.  We have a tendency to get a little gruff with each other sometimes, and we do not always act the best towards each other, but I respect him and I have always been pretty fond of him.  I think we both do the same thing.  We try to get each other to look at things in a different way, and whether he thinks so or not, he does accomplish that on occasion.  I can appreciate someone attempting to protect another member they might think is under attack and being mistreated, but you misrepresented me all over the place and insulted me as well and now you do not want to deal with it.  Fine, but the white horse you think you are riding is a distinctly different color that what you think.  Insults are never necessary to get a point across.

• Loved it! 1

9 hours ago, Zemke said:

you forgot the 't'.    it's "pffft"  :cool:

• Haha 1