IGNORED

Jewish Perspective of the temple destruction?

firestormx

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I was curious if someone could help me with a question. What was the Jewish perspective for the reason for the destruction of the temple in 70ad? When Solomon's temple was destroyed, there were prophecies about it. Many Godly people had spoken and foretold its coming if there was not repentance. But not so with the 70 AD destruction. From the Jewish perspective, the words of Jesus didn't count. They were rebelling against a foreign power to serve God only. Temple participation was going strong.  There was not a lot of Idolatry from the Jewish People. So from the Jewish perspective ( a Jew who doesn't believe Jesus is the Messiah ), Why did God allow the destruction of the temple and scattering of his people?  

Edited by firestormx
Clarity

Is there nobody here that knows the answer or who can point me in the right direction?

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

They rejected (for the most part) their Messiah...worse than idolatry.

I thank you but that isn't my question. Maybe I'm not explaining myself well, I'll try again. What do Jews who are non-believers in Jesus as the Messiah believe about the temple destruction? The truth is, they rejected Jesus as Lord and Messiah.  Jesus Prophesied the temple would be destroyed and it was. Orthodox Jews reject Jesus. So what is the reason they give for the temple's destruction in 70 AD? 

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I was looking at this part of your question.

"Why did God allow the destruction of the temple and scattering of his people? "

and this...

"Many Godly people had spoken and foretold its coming if there was not repentance. But not so with the 70 AD destruction."

My point was Jesus did foretell it's destruction and that rejection of the foretold Messiah was far worse than any idolatry. They were idolators by setting up their own religion and traditions which effectively closed the doors to God's Word to the common people.

I didn't explain myself well with those comments. I am very sorry. I was trying to say that from the Orthodox Jewish perspective.

There are hundred of thousands, maybe millions of Jews who don't accept Jesus as Lord and Messiah. I'm curious why they believe the temple was destroyed. What justification do the Jews who reject Jesus give for the destruction of the temple? 

Maybe saying it this way would help. What did the Pharisees and Sadducees of 70 AD believe was the reason the temple was destroyed? 

Edited by firestormx
Edited for Clarity

Just now, Yowm said:

They were expecting a militant Messiah, so x'd Jesus. There struggle remained against the Roman occupiers. The Roman legions came and razed much of Jerusalem and the Temple. Something the Jews by that time were used to. Their justification?...they lost their struggle for liberation from the Romans.

But had God ever allowed the temple's destruction without reason? I'm just curious as to what their religious thinking was. For example, What do Orthodox Jews tell their children is the reason God allowed the 2nd temple to be destroyed. 

Just now, Yowm said:

Don't know. But they have had to explain their captivity to Babylon and Assyria in the past.

well, to explain their captivity to Babylon and Assyria they can turn to the Prophets in the Word of God. I don't believe they can do that with the destruction of the 2nd temple. Which is why I'm curious and asking here. Thanks for all the questions. They have helped refine my questions so others may more clearly so what I'm trying to ask. So thanks.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/27/2017 at 3:05 PM, firestormx said:

I was curious if someone could help me with a question. What was the Jewish perspective for the reason for the destruction of the temple in 70ad? When Solomon's temple was destroyed, there were prophecies about it. Many Godly people had spoken and foretold its coming if there was not repentance. But not so with the 70 AD destruction. From the Jewish perspective, the words of Jesus didn't count. They were rebelling against a foreign power to serve God only. Temple participation was going strong.  There was not a lot of Idolatry from the Jewish People. So from the Jewish perspective ( a Jew who doesn't believe Jesus is the Messiah ), Why did God allow the destruction of the temple and scattering of his people?  

I get the question and I've heard the Rabbis have ways of talking around everything but a person I know who is involved with evangelizing Jews and most likely will answer well when he is available do to a sometimes hectic schedule is Jacob Prasch, you can write to him thru Moriel Ministries and if he can not answer right away someone may handle the question for him. You can e-mail him in England or go thru the USA office in Pittsburgh.

They may even have a teaching on the web dealing with the subject, maybe Daniel 9 if they did one.

Google Moriel.org and send the question.

Edited by Zemke

Just now, Zemke said:

I get the question and I've heard the Rabbis have ways of talking around everything but a person I know who is involved with evangelizing Jews and most likely will answer well when he is available do to a sometimes hectic schedule is Jacob Prasch, you can write to him thru Moriel Ministries and if he can not answer right away someone may handle the question for him. You can e-mail him in England or go thru the USA office in Pittsburgh.

They may even have a teaching on the web dealing with the subject, maybe Daniel 9 if they did one.

I'll look into, thanks. There are many here who I believe is Jewish so I figured after coming up short in my own research, maybe someone here could point me in the right direction even if they can't answer. Thanks for pointing me somewhere I might be able to get an answer. That is actually how I come upon the question. If I was ministering to A non-believing Jew. What would he say the reason the temple was destroyed is.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I see no difference. They didn't believe Jeremiah and Isaiah who foretold their captivity nor did they believe Jesus who foretold the Temple's destruction. They were all Prophets...Jesus just a bit more so.

Well, thanks for the conversation. I really enjoyed it. Your input has really helped me refine my question. thanks

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, firestormx said:

I'll look into, thanks. There are many here who I believe is Jewish so I figured after coming up short in my own research, maybe someone here could point me in the right direction even if they can't answer. Thanks for pointing me somewhere I might be able to get an answer. That is actually how I come upon the question. If I was ministering to A non-believing Jew. What would he say the reason the temple was destroyed is.

This is a subject he has passion for, I've heard him say he would rather be evangelizing than what he is doing but God has him where he is. David in Pittsburgh could be of much help also.