• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

“Now while our Great High Priest is making atonement for us, we should seek to become perfect in Christ.” (ref: The Great Controversy, E.G.White, 1911, p.623).

SDA’s teach that though saved by grace, we are kept saved by keeping the Law. This is partial atonement. Therefore, to stay saved according to SDA’s, we must continue to keep the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments and pay the tithe. “by whom we have now received the atonement.” (Romans 5:11)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Loss of salvation is an oxymoron ... The Scripture clearly teach salvation is of God and is kept by God ~ who then can change this?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

This is quite a controversial topic! I don't believe one can lose salvation. It also goes back to the belief of how a person is saved. If Salvation is work of God, then we cannot undo it. We also need to see what goes with Salvation. Regeneration. Sealed by Holy spirit. New birth. New creation. If we a say a person can lose salvation, then does it mean the new creation dies once again to become another creation? Does it mean there is another birth? I don't see any possible explanation for this.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 8/28/2017 at 4:36 AM, KiwiChristian said:

“Now while our Great High Priest is making atonement for us, we should seek to become perfect in Christ.” (ref: The Great Controversy, E.G.White, 1911, p.623).

SDA’s teach that though saved by grace, we are kept saved by keeping the Law. This is partial atonement. Therefore, to stay saved according to SDA’s, we must continue to keep the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments and pay the tithe. “by whom we have now received the atonement.” (Romans 5:11)

Paul teaches that living in rebellion after you get saved -- will not get you heaven... in Romans 11.

Christ teaches that living in rebellion after you are fully forgiven - will not get you heaven ... in Matthew 16.

Paul says to the church in 1Cor 6 "do not be deceived" those who live in rebellion will not get heaven.

And of course denominations such as the Methodists also teach that same thing.

So... for the Bible students

OSAS tradition does not survive Matthew 18

32 Then summoning him, his lord *said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34 And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. 35 My heavenly Father will also do the same to you,  if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

You have free will - will it be the Bible... or OSAS tradition for you?

OSAS tradition does not survive Ezek 18

24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die. 25 Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Hear now, O house of Israel! Is My way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and dies because of it, for his iniquity which he has committed he will die. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness which he has committed and practices justice and righteousness, he will save his life.

OSAS tradition does not survive 1 Cor 6

Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified

OSAS tradition does not survive 1 Cor 9

23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached (the Gospel) to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

OSAS tradition does not survive Romans 11

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again

OSAS tradition does not survive Galatians 5

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

OSAS tradition does not survive Hebrews 6

For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew the  again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

You have free will -- will it be the Bible?  or Tradition that you follow??

Edited by BobRyan
  • Loved it! 1

22 hours ago, Giller said:

That is not so, no one is justified by the law.

True --

but "still" -- Matthew 7 "by their fruits you shall know them".

And "still" -- it is a sin to take God's name in vain - even for born-again Christians

And "still" -- " Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; " 1 Cor 6 -- remains true even for born-again Christians

Edited by BobRyan
  • Loved it! 1

1  John 3

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is transgression of the law. You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin,

Tradition ... or the Bible ... choose one.

Matt 7 "by their fruits you shall know them'

Rev 19

Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Romans 8

so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Romans 2

Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who will render to each person according to his deeds: to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

"by their fruits you shall know them" -- the good tree vs the bad tree.

Bad trees "do not become good trees" by producing good fruit... they can only produce bad fruit.

Under the NEW Covenant - God writes His LAW on the heart - Jeremiah 31:31-33... are you a New Covenant Christian? if not - Would you like to be??

Edited by BobRyan
  • Loved it! 1

BTW -- love this thread!! :D

True the born-again life will bring about good fruit.

But as Jesus points out in Matt 18 "I forgave you all that debt" and then the person makes a "free will choice" to not forgive others -and experiences forgiveness revoked.

As Paul points out in  Romans 11 'you stand only by your faith' -- and then says "you should fear - for if God did not spare them ... neither will He spare you " as Paul's warning to persevere in faithfulness and not give up.

Apples vs Oranges -- you are switching the definition of terms.

For example --

1 John 2:2 On the cross - God made Christ "the Atoning sacrifice for OUR sins and not for our sins only but for the WHOLE WORLD"

I want to lift up my voice for Jesus and say, Whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. Go forth from the cave by faith. Look to Jesus, your helper. Behold the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world. Look to your atoning Sacrifice lifted up upon the cross, the Innocent dying for the guilty. . . . {OHC 136.3}

His offering of Himself was full and ample. Nothing was wanting. It was indeed a whole and ample atonement that was made. Then why . . . indicate by words and example that Christ has died for you in vain? After the exhibitions of love that was without a parallel, you say by your words of doubt and mournful discouragement, "He does not love me. He will not forgive me. My sins are of too hard a character to be cured by the blood of Jesus. The offering is not of sufficient value to pay the debt I owe for the rescue of my soul." {OHC 136.4}

Thus from Christ cometh all our blessings. His death is an atoning sacrifice for our sins. He is the great Medium through whom we receive the mercy and favor of God. {OHC 83.5}

All who have truly repented of sin, and by faith claimed the blood of Christ as their atoning sacrifice, have had pardon entered against their names in the books of heaven; as they have become partakers of the righteousness of Christ, and their characters are found to be in harmony with the law of God, their sins will be blotted out, and they themselves will be accounted worthy of eternal life … Revelation 3:5; Matthew 10:32, 33. {GC 483.2}

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 8/31/2017 at 10:52 PM, BobRyan said:

OSAS tradition does not survive

Edited by OneLight
If a video is worth posting, please post it in the Video forums and link to it in a thread. Embedded video removed.