KiwiChristian

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Paul teaches that living in rebellion after you get saved -- will not get you heaven... in Romans 11.

Christ teaches that living in rebellion after you are fully forgiven - will not get you heaven ... in Matthew 16.

Paul says to the church in 1Cor 6 "do not be deceived" those who live in rebellion will not get heaven.

And of course denominations such as the Methodists also teach that same thing.

So... for the Bible students

OSAS tradition does not survive Matthew 18

32 Then summoning him, his lord *said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34 And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. 35 My heavenly Father will also do the same to you,  if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

You have free will - will it be the Bible... or OSAS tradition for you?

OSAS tradition does not survive Ezek 18

24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die. 25 Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Hear now, O house of Israel! Is My way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and dies because of it, for his iniquity which he has committed he will die. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness which he has committed and practices justice and righteousness, he will save his life.

OSAS tradition does not survive 1 Cor 6

Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified

OSAS tradition does not survive 1 Cor 9

23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached (the Gospel) to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

OSAS tradition does not survive Romans 11

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again

OSAS tradition does not survive Galatians 5

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

OSAS tradition does not survive Hebrews 6

For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew the  again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

You have free will -- will it be the Bible?  or Tradition that you follow??

===============================================================

Bible theology

or "puppet theology" - choose one.

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 8/28/2017 at 9:56 AM, enoob57 said:

Loss of salvation is an oxymoron ... The Scripture clearly teach salvation is of God and is kept by God ~ who then can change this?

Yes, God calls things that aren't as if they are and they become.  Therefore if I call upon the name of the LORD and he answer in the affirmative then he will bring it to pass...

Hi Steven!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, gdemoss said:

Yes, God calls things that aren't as if they are and they become.  Therefore if I call upon the name of the LORD and he answer in the affirmative then he will bring it to pass...

Hi Steven!

Hi Brother of mine :) 
You've come a long way since first you were here ... isn't God awesome in His transformation of us :amen: 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 8/28/2017 at 9:56 AM, enoob57 said:

Loss of salvation is an oxymoron ... The Scripture clearly teach salvation is of God and is kept by God ~ who then can change this?

Your reference to your own preference -- noted.

Here is what "scripture clearly teaches"

Fallen from grace, severed from Christ - Galatians 5:1-4 " You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace "

Forgiveness revoked: Matthew 18: 32 Then summoning him, his lord *said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34 And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. 35 My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

Disqualified from the Gospel : 1 Cor 9:23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you. 24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Stand by Faith yet fear being cut off from Christ: Romans 11:19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again

Do not be deceived into believing OSAS 1 Cor 6:Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified

Preferences are "nice" and everyone has them... but I prefer actual scripture for doctrine.

OSAS does not survive a close review of scripture

Edited by BobRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

If my salvation was dependant on my works, then I'm cooked, God will NOT wink at one single sin. there is only ONE way, as mentioned in John 14:6    Joh 14:6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I find that the "doctrine" of OSAS easily survives the best scrutiny of Scripture... for it's a core Promise from God.

I seems to me that every time I read Scripture posted to show that one can lose their Salvation, it turns out to be

taken out of context... mostly being the context of it being written about unbelievers or those who are first experiencing

God's path to Salvation.

John 10:28-30 clearly state the full promise of Assurance.

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

30 I and the Father are one.

I agree, very well said Tedtis. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Romans 3

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 8

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You simply can't lose salvation , if your preacher preach that you can first rebuke him and show him the truth , if he is still blind then shake off dust from your feet  and leave that church , because that guy is preaching different gospel .

Edited by Amazing Horse
  • Thumbs Up 1

Greetings Amazing Horse,

Exactly, the gospel is an essential doctrine, any preacher that preaches that a born again Christian can lose their salvation is preaching a false gospel of salvation by works. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 9/5/2017 at 5:58 AM, enoob57 said:

Hi Brother of mine :) 
You've come a long way since first you were here ... isn't God awesome in His transformation of us :amen: 

Thanks Steven.  Yes he is awesome in his transformation of us!