Sign in to follow this  
Keras

Those who know what is right:

19 hours ago, Keras said:

But every faithful Christian IS an Israelite of God.

The Bible does not call Christians "israelites."   "Israelite" or "Israel" is never spiritualized to refer to Christians.  It is, like "jew" an ethnic term.

• This is Worthy 1

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Ezekiel can only be referring to ethnic Jews as Christians have no earthly inheritance in this world.  Christians have no earthly land; we belong to a heavenly kingdom.

Shalom, shiloh357.

Actually, that's not quite true. Remember this: When our Lord Yeshua` returns to set up His Kingdom here on earth, we shall be with Him and reigning with Him over this earth. We shall be part of His hierarchy of rulership; as each country is subdued, they will need leadership that in turn is subservient to the King of king, who is also the King of the Jews and the King of Israel.

Yeshua` said that those who are faithful in a few things shall be ruler over cities. The ruler over a city we call "mayor," here in the USA. Those of us who have leadership qualities shall be put in such appropriate positions, just as He will use His resurrected people, like David the king himself, to rule over subdivisions of Israel. Why not put these proven people to use?

Just now, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, shiloh357.

Actually, that's not quite true. Remember this: When our Lord Yeshua` returns to set up His Kingdom here on earth, we shall be with Him and reigning with Him over this earth. We shall be part of His hierarchy of rulership; as each country is subdued, they will need leadership that in turn is subservient to the King of king, who is also the King of the Jews and the King of Israel.

Yeshua` said that those who are faithful in a few things shall be ruler over cities. The ruler over a city we call "mayor," here in the USA. Those of us who have leadership qualities shall be put in such appropriate positions, just as He will use His resurrected people, like David the king himself, to rule over subdivisions of Israel. Why not put these proven people to use?

True, we will be here reigning with Him, but this earth is not our inheritance.   The Millennium is God's fulfillment of all of His promises to Israel.

Ezek. 36 proves the faithfulness of God to Israel, albeit for the sake of the honor of His Name, and not for any merit on Israel's part.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

True, we will be here reigning with Him, but this earth is not our inheritance.   The Millennium is God's fulfillment of all of His promises to Israel.

Ezek. 36 proves the faithfulness of God to Israel, albeit for the sake of the honor of His Name, and not for any merit on Israel's part.

Shalom, shiloh357.

Right. But, don't think that it's only for 1000 years. His kingdom will last FOREVER, even after He's given up the Empire to His Father. There will be some ... events ... in between, like the GWTJ and the creation of the New Earth, but we will continue in the positions we were given. Check out Rev. 22:5.

Just now, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, shiloh357.

Right. But, don't think that it's only for 1000 years.

The millennium is for 1000 years.   That will end and this earth and universe will be destroyed and God will have a new heaven and new earth and there will be no unbelievers there and everything will completely different than we know it now.   I don't know exactly what that will look like, as the Bible doesn't tell us everything, but there will be no temple as all of us will be in the direct presence of God.  But the earth we know today will be gone as well as its national and political boundaries. 

His kingdom will last FOREVER, even after He's given up the Empire to His Father. There will be some ... events ... in between, like the GWTJ and the creation of the New Earth, but we will continue in the positions we were given. Check out Rev. 22:5.

Yes. But this earth is not our ineritance as believers.   Christians are not promised an earthly kingdom on this earth and the Ezek 36 is about the restoration of Israel in this earth and that restoration will continue up to and include the millennium.

There is temple in millenial Kingdom and even sacrifice made from animals .

Isaiah 56:6-8

6lso the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Zechariah 14:16

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Jeremiah 33:15-18

15In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

Ezekiel 43:18

And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes. But this earth is not our ineritance as believers.   Christians are not promised an earthly kingdom on this earth and the Ezek 36 is about the restoration of Israel in this earth and that restoration will continue up to and include the millennium.

Wrong.

The Heirs of the Holy Land:

Ephesians 1:11-14 In Christ, indeed, we have been given the heritage, as was decreed in God’s purpose. For it was His will that we who set our hopes in Jesus, should be the ones to make His glory known and praised.

We Christians have the Seal of the Holy Spirit, which is the pledge of the inheritance that will be ours when God has redeemed His own.

Romans 8:16-18 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God…..it is the Spirit of adoption, so we can call Him ‘Father’.  This affirms that we are God’s children and if children, then heirs, heirs of God’s promises through Christ.

But we must share His suffering, if we are also to share His glory.

Romans 9:24-26.....in the very place; [that the Israelites were told they are not His sons] we will be called the sons of the Living God.

Ephesians 3:6 Through the Gospel, Gentiles are joint heirs with the Jews, part of the same body, sharers together in the promises of God through Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 So if you belong to Christ, then you are the issue of Abraham and heirs of God’s promises.  [to the Patriarchs]

Colossians 1:12 We give thanks to the Father who has made us fit to share in the heritage of God’s people in the Kingdom of light.

It is quite evident that the vast multitude seen in Jerusalem, Revelation 7:9, is far more that the remnant of the Jewish people. Romans 9:27

Many prophesies make it plain that in the end times there will be a people in God’s holy Land, who will be His people, those who seek the Lord and who know what is right. Isaiah 51:1  Every faithful Christian person.

13 hours ago, Keras said:

Wrong.

The Heirs of the Holy Land:

Ephesians 1:11-14 In Christ, indeed, we have been given the heritage, as was decreed in God’s purpose. For it was His will that we who set our hopes in Jesus, should be the ones to make His glory known and praised.

We Christians have the Seal of the Holy Spirit, which is the pledge of the inheritance that will be ours when God has redeemed His own.

Romans 8:16-18 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God…..it is the Spirit of adoption, so we can call Him ‘Father’.  This affirms that we are God’s children and if children, then heirs, heirs of God’s promises through Christ.

But we must share His suffering, if we are also to share His glory.

Romans 9:24-26.....in the very place; [that the Israelites were told they are not His sons] we will be called the sons of the Living God.

Ephesians 3:6 Through the Gospel, Gentiles are joint heirs with the Jews, part of the same body, sharers together in the promises of God through Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 So if you belong to Christ, then you are the issue of Abraham and heirs of God’s promises.  [to the Patriarchs]

Colossians 1:12 We give thanks to the Father who has made us fit to share in the heritage of God’s people in the Kingdom of light.

It is quite evident that the vast multitude seen in Jerusalem, Revelation 7:9, is far more that the remnant of the Jewish people. Romans 9:27

Many prophesies make it plain that in the end times there will be a people in God’s holy Land, who will be His people, those who seek the Lord and who know what is right. Isaiah 51:1  Every faithful Christian person.

Edited by George
Removed personal attack -- seriously discuss the topic at hand without the name calling.

Shiloh357, your unpleasant reaction to the Bible proofs that our inheritance IS the holy Land, is a serious discredit to you.

Perhaps now you can be more rational, put your case and prove, with scripture, what you believe God has planned for His Christian people. 

Isaiah 26:1-21:

Open the gates, let a righteous people enter’ - The Lord’s people, all the faithful Christian people, be they descendants of Jacob or grafted in by faith, will enter their heritage soon after all the holy Land is cleared and cleansed by the fire of His terrible Day of wrath. We are told to take shelter until the Lord's wrath has passed by.

All true believers in God and Jesus, all those ‘who desire His Laws and look forward to the time they will prevail upon the earth’, will gather and go to live in all of the Promised Land. Ezekiel 20:34-38, Isaiah 65:8-10, Psalms 69:35-36, Jeremiah 31:9-10, Ezekiel 36:8

This will be the fulfilment of God’s promises to the Patriarchs, Ezekiel 20:42 and His chosen Church will, at last, live as God originally intended His people to be. Ezekiel 39:27, Isaiah 42:6 In the new nation of Beulah; Isaiah 62:1-5

‘Lord, You have enlarged the Nation’. – Isaiah 49:20 says how the large numbers of people who will emigrate to all of the holy Land, from the Nile to the Euphrates, will say: Make room for us to live here, this place is too small!  Micah 7:11 They are: a vast multitude of Christians from every tribe, race, nation and language. Isaiah 66:18b-21, Revelation 7:9

On 9/6/2017 at 6:28 AM, shiloh357 said:

The millennium is for 1000 years.   That will end and this earth and universe will be destroyed and God will have a new heaven and new earth and there will be no unbelievers there and everything will completely different than we know it now.   I don't know exactly what that will look like, as the Bible doesn't tell us everything, but there will be no temple as all of us will be in the direct presence of God.  But the earth we know today will be gone as well as its national and political boundaries. 

Shalom, shiloh357.

First of all, it's NOT "this earth and universe" that will be destroyed. It's this earth and its "heaven" or atmosphere that are purged with fire. Don't think so big. When you take it all the way to the whole "universe," then the imagination has to kick in to answer all the problems that go along with this premise.

For instance, we have never seen the end of the galaxies of countless stars through any telescope, yet! Is God really going to destroy all that and re-create the whole thing?! No, that makes no sense. In fact, why does God have to destroy anything even in the solar system (the planets, moons, asteroids and comets "local" to our ONE star, Sol, the sun) more than just our own planet? The PURPOSE for the fire that will purge our planet is found in 2 Peter 3:

2 Peter 3:7-12
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
KJV

This is the purpose for the Fire: to prepare for the day of Judgment and Sentencing of ungodly men. That the "heavens shall pass by with a GREAT NOISE" proves that this is talking about the atmosphere! Remember the ads for the movie Aliens? "In space, no one can hear you scream!" In the vacuum of space, there is NO NOISE!

The purpose being the day of Judgment and Sentencing of ungodly MEN, what does this have to do with angels? Even Rev. 20:7-15 shows that haSatan PARTICIPATES in the Lake of Fire into which the ungodly men are thrown. (He doesn't "rule" there!)

Revelation 20:7-15
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

The UNIVERSE is not destroyed. Rather, it is the earth's SKY, its ATMOSPHERE, that is set on fire.

Yes, it is! Your notion that "Christians are not promised an earthly kingdom on this earth" is flawed. That is PRECISELY what we are promised!

Revelation 21:1-7
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
KJV

Would you think for one moment that this all applies only for the children of Israel? This passage in Revelation applies to the ETERNAL STATE BEYOND the Millennium (Rev. 20)!

Our home forever is NOT in some ethereal "Heaven" somewhere else! Our concrete, physical, literal, eternal home is ON THIS EARTH RENEWED! The very descriptions that people have used for "Heaven" are actually the descriptions of the capital city of the New Earth, the New Jerusalem (Rev. 21, 22)!

Don't go by theologically flawed songs, like "This World Is Not My Home," for your theology! It may be a fun song to sing, but it's just as biblically correct as "Here Comes Santa Claus!"

Sign in to follow this