IGNORED

am I in the right church ? or is it time to move on?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Please let me know if we are doing the right thing by leaving our present church.  We have been attending this church for 8 months and now we have questions about it.  The minister has no formal theology education and his wife does NOT support his ministry and wants to remain in her Jehova Witness Church.  The church believes the women in the church can't ever assume leadership positions in the church like an elder or a deacon but could teach little children in the church as a leadership role.  I have no desire or ability to teach children.  I am really mad that my verbal prayer requests are screened or censored for political correction before the bible person sends them out after he reviews and pastes my words  into his own words, this screening process doesn't happen with my husbands  prayer requests.  Also the church does not believe in the Trinity doctrine of the Bible in which I find questionable, but I'm not educated enough on this subject of Bible study.  Also we worship on the Sabbath day, which seems okay with me.  I feel repressed in this church and wonder if experts see or sense that this church has cult tendencies?  Thank you. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It would be best to stay away from churches that do not embrace the trinity.  I would overlook all but that.  You will never find a perfect church.  They are made up of imperfect people.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

23 hours ago, Willa said:

It would be best to stay away from churches that do not embrace the trinity.  I would overlook all but that.  You will never find a perfect church.  They are made up of imperfect people.

I very much agree with Willa,there is no perfect church on earth but for me the church would have to believe in the Trinity, I can overlook a lot of  other things too...

Do the people in the church love each other?

Are  there any other good solid Bible believing church where you live you could go?

• Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I moved this to Have a problem so that Margie could respond to your questions.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

This sounds like a church of God sect. They are off shoots of the worldwide church of God. One is the living church of God.  Another the restored church of God and the the United church of God.  There are more. They don't believe in the trinity and don't believe the holy spirit is a person. I would leave for sure.