The end result of salvation, is, that you are accepted by God. = Heaven is gained.
Salvation, Grace, the Blood Atonement, (same) is the sole and singular method and entire means that God uses and provides, to accept you, and keep you as His, forever.
Some, who are very self righteous, have the misconception that God saves them, and then they keep themselves saved. (Legalism).
Of course all religion including Christian heretics would argue that man has some part in saving themselves..... But how can this be so? After all, what can you possibly offer God that would compete with or equal the Shed Blood of Jesus?
If you are saved, you came to the Cross a sinner, and from the Cross Jesus Himself redeemed you. And your part in that is what? What is it? To RECEIVE WHAT GOD has provided for you thru the Cross, is your part.
But what about living holy later? Well, that is what comes later, AFTER what SAVED YOU< Saved you FIRST.
God did it, you get it, and you dont get any credit for it, unless you have nail holes in your wrists and rose from the dead after dying for the sin of the world.
Is that you? No. There is only One.
So, some who are very self righteous, have the idea that after Jesus's blood ALONE has redeemed them, then their "holy lifestyle" kicks in as THEIR 2nd part of God's salvation plan. And of course, think......= if God didnt accept you or your lifestyle before He saved you, do you think He will accept your lifestyle later, along with the Blood of Jesus to save you and keep you saved?
Funny how people can be so religious and so self righteous and try to take some of the credit for their salvation, instead of giving God and Christ all the credit for what they did, and they did, only.
So what is it exactly that God did to save us and keep us saved? What is another way to look at Redemption, as there are many, and i'll offer you one now....
Well, to find an answer, you have to know the problem, first.. And so, what is the only problem that an unsaved human being has, that is keeping God from accepting them and taking them into His family?
Its only one problem = Sin. This little word has great implication into eternity, as if this word, .. if what it means regarding each and everyone is not dealt with while you are breathing, then you will be dealing with the end result from the day you die until ............. Never ends. John 3:36 is the current situation facing every person who is not a believer in Christ and has NOT been born again. And God is not Joking. Look at the shed blood on the Cross and realize how serious God is about sin and the consequences of unforgiven sin, in eternity. Reader, if you are not saved then ......understand this.....Your SIN, cost Jesus His sinless life, and if you do not come to the Cross, then your sin is going to cost you your eternity, and there will be no second chance after you are dead. Christ died on the EARTH, and you take Him as your own savior on the EARTH, or not.. You do not get a redo, or a "take 2", after you die, and realize then the TRUTH, that im telling you right now.
So, what did God do for you, that resolves your sin issue, and mine, so that He can accept us, on HIS TERMS< and keep us, based on HIS FINAL SOLUTION> ?
Very simple. He , God, is merciful to our UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEREFOR..... OUR SIN ONCE FORGIVEN at the CROSS, HE WILL REMEMBER NO MORE. For the born again, Its as if we never sinned. And this position "in Christ" continues from the moment of our new birth, until forever., as that is the effect of eternal justification that is given as the "free gift of salvation", "the gift of Righteousness", that is created and kept by the Blood Atonement.
God deals with our unrighteousness, our sin, by Jesus becoming sin on the cross and taking the judgement for it all. Our entire lifetime of sinning, the eternal judgement due each of us for this....= This is the "cup" that Jesus spoke about that He was about to face. = The whipping and then the Cross and Death.
This is HOW God dealt with the unrighteousness of the entire world. He died for it. John 3:16 And this Death, is the mercy and grace of God giving righteousness in place of our unrighteousness.
This is Salvation.
This is Grace.
This is the "Gift of Righteousness", and we dont earn it, and we dont keep it, as it is given and kept by the same Holy One who provided it, for free.
Would a true prophet of God make false prophecies about World War II?
‘The Nazis will destroy the British.’ (Fifth Column, p 15)
The new book titled Children will prove useful ‘in the remaining months before Armageddon’ (Watchtower, 15 September 1941, p 288)
‘The end of Nazi Fascist hierarchy will come and will mark the end forever of demon rule.’ (Watchtower, 15 December 1941, p 377)
JW Belief is first, the Bibilcal position is in bold
Christ is God's Son and is inferior to him. Christ is God. He took on the form of man to come to earth. John 1:1, 1 Timothy 3:16 Christ died on a stake, not a cross. Christ died on a cross. John 20:25, Matthew 27:37, 27 Christ's human life was paid as a ransom for obedient humans. Christ life was paid as a ransom for sinners Matthew 9:13, 1 Timothy 1:15 Earth will never be destroyed or depopulated. God will create new heavens and earth and new physical laws. God's people will be removed from earth. Matthew 24:31, Mark 13:27, 1 Thess. 4:16-17 The human soul ceases to exist at death The spirit of man goes to be with God *Ecclesiastes 3:21, Ecclesiastes 12:7 Hell is mankind's common grave. Before Christ, all went to Hades, after Christ only non-believers *Psalms 9:17, Matthew 23:33 The 144,000 are born again as spiritual sons of God. All people who confess Christ as Lord and Savior are born again *John 3:3, John 3:3-7 Christians must give public testimony to Scriptural truth. Christians must give public testimony to the gospel of Jesus Christ Romans 1:16, Romans 15:19, 1 Corinthians 1:17 The greatest name is Jehovah. The greatest name is Jesus Christ Ephesians 1:20-22, Philippians 2:9 Man does not have a spirit. Man has a spirit *Ecclesiastes 3:21 We are to worship Jehovah only. We are to worship Father, Son, and Holy Spirit Hebrews 1:6, Revelation 5:13 Jesus second coming occurred invisibly in 1914 and His kingdom was established in heaven. Jesus will return physically to earth and all alive will see Him as His kingdom is established on earth Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7 The greatest name is Jehovah. The greatest name is Jesus Christ Ephesians 1:20-22, Philippians 2:9 Christ is Michael the Archangel. Christ is not an angel, but God. Hebrews 1:13 Christ was first of God's creations. Christ is co-eternal with God, and as such was not created Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1, Hebrews 13:8
Unusual to have two JW's talk to me at my fence just now.
I am blacklisted.
As normal, they mentioned how important is God's name.
They asked what is Gods' name.
I answered that is was "Yeshua hamashia baruch hashem", "Adonai", "Jehovah", etc.
When i said "yeshua hamashia baruch hashem" she appeared to be taken aback a bit.
I think the red flags were going off. Maybe something like "Oh, this guy KNOWS something!"
I told them that Moses asked God what His name was and God said His name is "ego eimi" or "I am".
I told them that Jesus also uses that name.
They ( as usual ) totally ignored this and asked me to turn to Psalm 88.
I refused to read their NWT and got my KJV.
The passage gives Gods' name as Jehovah.
I asked them something like "So, did God LIE when He told Moses His name was I AM?"
They of course said "No".
Suddenly, they wanted to leave!
I told them that Jesus is also called/referred to as Jehovah which they don't believe.
My prayer is that the JW's will not be successful in spreading their filth and lies and they would come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, repent and be born again.
50 Questions to Ask Mormons
Questions are a great way to witness to Mormons. Most cultists will turn you off if you begin to preach to them, however, asking questions gives them hope that you are genuinely interested in learning more about their religion. It also is a great way to get them thinking about things they may have never thought about and researching into the false teachings of their church. Questions are great seed-planters that the Holy Spirit can make grow in their hearts and minds and, ultimately, lead them to Christ. They are also great conversation starters. The questions below are grouped into 4 different categories.
1. Why does the Mormon Church still teach that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God after he made a false prophecy about a temple being built in Missouri in his generation (Doctrine and Covenants 84:1-5)?
2. Since the time when Brigham Young taught that both the moon and the sun were inhabited by people, has the Mormon Church ever found scientific evidence of that to be true (Journal of Discourses, 1870, v.13, p.271)?
3. Why did Brigham Young teach that Adam is “our Father and our God” when both the Bible and the Book of Mormon (Mormon 9:12) say that Adam is a creation of God (Journal of Discourses, Apr. 9, 1852, vol.1, p.50)?
4. If Brigham Young was a true prophet, how come one of your later prophets overturned his declaration which stated that the black man could never hold the priesthood in the LDS Church until after the resurrection of all other races (Journal of Discourses, Dec. 12, 1854, 2:142-143)?
5. Since the Bible’s test to determine whether someone is a true prophet of God is 100% accuracy in all his prophecies (Deuteronomy 18:20-22), has the LDS Church ever reconsidered its teaching that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were true prophets?
6. Since the current LDS prophets sometimes contradict the former ones, how do you decide which one is correct?
7. Since there are several different contradictory accounts of Joseph Smith’s first vision, how did the LDS Church choose the correct one?
8. Can you show me in the Bible the LDS teaching that we must all stand before Joseph Smith on the Day of Judgment?
9. Can you show me archeological and historical proof from non-Mormon sources that prove that the peoples and places named in the Book of Mormon are true?
10. If the words “familiar spirit” in Isaiah 29:4 refer to the Book of Mormon, why do familiar spirits always refer to occult practices such as channeling and necromancy everywhere else in the Old Testament?
11. Why did Joseph Smith condone polygamy as an ordinance from God (Doctrine and Covenants 132) when the Book of Mormon had already condemned the practice (Jacob 1:15, 2:24)?
12. Why were the words “white and delightsome” in 2 Nephi 30:6 changed to “pure and delightsome” right on the heels of the Civil Rights campaign for blacks?
13. If God is an exalted man with a body of flesh and bones, why does Alma 18:26-28 and John 4:24 say that God is a spirit?
14. Why did God encourage Abraham & Sarah to lie in Abraham 2:24? Isn’t lying a sin according to the 10 commandments? Why did God tell Abraham and Sarah to lie when 2 Nephi 9:34 condemns liars to hell?
15. Why does the Book of Mormon state that Jesus was born in Jerusalem (Alma 7:10) when history and the Bible state that he was born outside of Jerusalem, in Bethlehem?
16. If the Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, as Joseph Smith said, why does it contain over 4000 changes from the original 1830 edition?
17. If the Book of Mormon contains the “fulness of the everlasting gospel”, why does the LDS Church need additional works?
18. If the Book of Mormon contains the “fulness of the everlasting gospel”, why doesn’t it say anything about so many important teachings such as eternal progression, celestial marriage, the Word of Wisdom, the plurality of Gods, the pre-existence of man, our mother in heaven, baptism for the dead, etc?
19. Why do you baptize for the dead when both Mosiah 3:25 and the Bible state that there is no chance of salvation after death?
20. Since the word grace means a free gift that can’t be earned, why does the Book of Mormon state “for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23)?
21. Does the LDS Church still regard the Pearl of Great Price as Holy Scripture even after several prominent Egyptologists proved it was an ancient funeral scroll?
22. Why does the Book of Abraham, chapters 4 & 5, contradict Alma 11 in stating that there is more than one God?
23. Why does Doctrine and Covenants 42:18 say there is no forgiveness for a murderer when 3 Nephi 30:2 says there is forgiveness for him?
24. If the Adam-God doctrine isn’t true, how come Doctrine and Covenants 27:11 calls Adam the Ancient of Days which is clearly a title for God in Daniel chapter 7?
25. Why does the Book of Mormon contain extensive, word-for-word quotes from the Bible if the LDS Church is correct in teaching that the Bible has been corrupted?
26. Why do the Bible verses quoted in the Book of Mormon contain the italicized words from the King James Version that were added into the KJV text by the translators in the 16th and 17th centuries?
27. If the Book of Mormon was engraved on gold plates thousands of years ago, why does it read in perfect 1611 King James Version English?
28. If marriage is essential to achieve exaltation, why did Paul say that it is good for a man not to marry (1 Corinthians 7:1)?
29. Since the Word of Wisdom teaches us to abstain from alcohol, why did Paul encourage Timothy to drink wine for his stomach (1 Timothy 5:23)?
30. If obeying the Word of Wisdom - which tells us to abstain from caffeine, alcohol and tobacco - is important for our exaltation, why did Jesus say that there is nothing that can enter a man to make him defiled (Mark 7:15)?
31. If Jesus is the Jehovah of the Old Testament and Elohim is referred to as God in the Old Testament, can you explain Deuteronomy 6:4 to me: “Hear, O Israel: the LORD (Jehovah) our God (Elohim) is one LORD (Jehovah)?
32. Why does the Mormon Church teach that we can be married in heaven when Jesus said in Matthew 22:30 that in the resurrection men neither marry, nor are they given in marriage?
33. How can worthy Mormon males become Gods in the afterlife when God already said that before him no God was formed, nor will there be any Gods formed after him (Isaiah 43:10)?
34. If God had a father who was a God, how come Isaiah 44:8 says that he doesn’t know him?
35. If God was once just a man who progressed to becoming a God, how do you explain Psalm 90:2: “…even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God”?
36. How can God be an exalted man when Numbers 23:19 says that God is not a man?
37. Why does the Mormon Church teach that Elohim had sexual relations with Mary to produce Jesus when both Matthew and Luke teach she was a virgin (The Seer, January, 1853, p.158)?
38. Why does the LDS Church teach that Jesus paid for our sins in the garden of Gethsemane when 1 Peter 2:24 says it was on the cross?
39. Why did Bruce McConkie write that a man may commit a sin so grievous that it will place him beyond the atoning blood of Christ (Mormon Doctrine, 1979, p.93) when the Bible says that the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7)?
40. Why does the LDS Church teach that man first existed as spirits in heaven when 1 Corinthians 15:46 says that the physical body comes before the spiritual?
41. Since Jesus statement, “Be ye therefore perfect” (Matthew 5:48) is in the present tense, are you perfect right now? Do you expect to be perfect soon? According to Hebrews 10:14, how are we made perfect?
42. Why do Mormons say the sticks in Ezekiel 37 represent the Bible and the Book of Mormon when Ezekiel 37:20-22 tells us that the sticks represent two nations, not two books?
43. Why does the LDS Church teach that Jesus and Lucifer are spirit brothers when both the first chapter of John and Colossians teach that Jesus is the Creator of all things, including Lucifer?
44. Why do worthy Mormon males hold the Aaronic priesthood since Hebrews 7:11-12 clearly teaches that it was changed and superceded by something better?
45. If your leaders are correct about the complete falling away of the true church on earth, was Jesus in error when he said that the gates of hell would not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18)?
46. If having a physical body is necessary to become a god, how did Jesus become a god before he had a body?
47. Do you think the LDS Church will reconsider its teachings that the American Indians are descendants of the Jewish race now that DNA evidence has proven that they are actually descendants of the Asian race?
48. If polygamy was officially re-instituted by the Mormon Church, how would your wife feel about you taking another woman?
49. Since the LDS Church teaches that there was a complete apostasy of the true church on earth, does that mean that the 3 living Nephites and the Apostle John went into apostasy also?
50. Why are Mormon Temple ceremonies secret to the public when the Old Testament temple ceremonies were open to public knowledge?