• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

As I was re-reading this thread -- I started the thread about getting off on tangents -- and I was the one that went on a tangent!  LOL!

I discussed the "restoration of the animal kingdom" previously, but I also want to talk about a restoration of a "pure language".

Zep 3:8  Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. 
The Conversion of the Nations
Zep 3:9  For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. 

A restoration of a time before BABEL!

Gen 11:1  And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus preached the Kingdom of God and Paul preached Christ crucified.  But how well do we understand Jesus' central theme?   Here are 5 points to ponder to get you thinking:

(1) In His model prayer, Jesus taught us to pray, "Thy kingdom come."  Ask your self how you would even recognize it if God answered this petition.

(2) Jesus said, "The kingdom of God does not come with signs to be observed.  Nor will people say, "Look, here it is!"  or 'There it is!"  For the kingdom of God is in your midst (Luke 17:20-21)."  

If Jesus' returns to earth and sets up His millennial kingdom in Israel, wouldn't that involved "signs to be observed?"  Wouldn't we be able to say, "Look, there it is?"  How should this saying of Jesus affect your eschatology?                                                                                                          What did Jesus mean when He said, "The kingdom of God is [already] in your midst?"  And when we pray, "Thy kingdom come,"  how can we reconcile that petition with the fact that God's kingdom is already present?

(3) When the disciples ask the risen Lord when the kingdom of God will be established, He replies, "It is not for you to know the times and periods that the Father has set by His own authority (Acts 1:6-5)."   So why do so many Christians believe we are living in the last days when Jesus will return and set up His kingdom on earth.  Didn't Jesus rule out the possibility of making this determination?

(4) When Jesus teaches that "the kingdom of God has drawn near," does He mean that in a temporal or spatial sense?  Jesus' word to the wise scribe, "You are not far from the kingdom of God (Mark 12:34)," seems to imply a spatial sense of proximity, but that must be only an analogy.  So what does Jesus really mean?

(5) The Hebrew/ Aramaic word for "kingdom" ("Malchuth") means both "reign" and "realm."  How should this dual nuance affect the answer to question (4)?"

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

To George.

Just recently I posted similar topic in “General” section under the name “Saved or not Saved.” My point in that topic was that beside the general terminology, slogans, and headlines which said that believing in Christ brings salvation, there is also CONDITIONS, under which the salvation can be achieved, and the most important point is that the believing alone is not enough to be saved, and everything what Jesus Christ and His Father GOD ever said, commanded, and required, are all CONDITIONAL requests in order for a human beings achieve forgiveness and salvation, and the entrance into the Kingdom of GOD, as you pointed out in this thread.

You wrote similar topic in your post: “While many focus on “salvation” and while this is the entrance into the Kingdom – the salvation message, is just the beginning of the bigger message that Yeshua was preaching.”

You did not mention the “bigger message,” so my question to you, what the bigger message is?

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

https://www.christianbook.com/gospel-the-kingdom-scriptural-studies-god/george-ladd/9780802812803/pd/1280?kw=21440761692&mt=b&dv=t&event=PPCSRC&p=1186432&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzfKRhdSs3wIVj43ICh2FUg64EAAYASAAEgIHyvD_BwE

Above is a link to the single most helpful book I ever encountered in my journey to understand Jesus' core message found in the gospels. KOG sets the larger context for the gospels as well as the unmentioned (by Gospel writers) role of the church. George Eldon Ladd wrote this book in 1959 with later edits. It is still the best one book on the topic. 

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Praying for empowerment and time and whatever else is needed to get that book finished George. :)   Timely, important message right now :)  If this thread spoke to anyone and you haven't yet watched George's "Restoration of all Things" video series....might want to check it out too.  More of what God's given him on the subject in there too....well laid out and very seldom taught to date.   This whole message is about to explode in the hearts and minds of His people and we'll start hearing it from many sources before long I bet.   Thank God for the pathfinders who've fought and struggled for years now to line up and organize this.  Those of us coming in behind to help publish this will find our path much easier and we'll travel it much faster ...on the labors of the trailblazers who have endured the blood, sweat and tears of cutting a path through hostile terrain full of vicious enemies.  A Highway of Holiness is being built, and thank God for the explorers, the surveyors, the blasters, bulldozers and pavers that leveled the ground and smoothed the way so we can just hop in a car and traverse the same ground in hours that took the pathfinders months to navigate.  

Edited by Jostler

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Some concordances have  " kingdom " in Greek ultimately stemming from the root meaning " step / to walk / foot "

βασιλεια basileia ( Kingdom ) => βασιλευς basileus ( king ) => βασις basis ( foot (sole of) a stepping, walking ) that with which one steps, the foot )

Speaks volumes of inheriting the kingdom by your walk with God

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

Wonderful topic George.  Prayers for your protection as you write your book.

One thing is to notice that the priests of Isaiah's prophecy, receive a "double portion" in the land.   In the original nation of Israel, the Levites received no inheritance in the land.  They were supported by the tithe from the other 11 tribes.   This tells me that the system in the Kingdom of Messiah will be different in some aspects, from the original. 

Hebrews 7:12 does say that "the priesthood" and "of necessity" also "the law" are "changed" under the New Covenant.  

You (I think) pointed out that people from "the nations" will also be priests in the Kingdom.  The 24 elders of Revelation proclaim that they were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb "out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation" (Rev 5:9).  And they will be priests on the earth.  Which means they are NOT all Levites by blood/DNA.  They are Levites/priests by grafting in - through faith. 

Revelation 20:5-6 says that everyone from "the first resurrection" will be "priests of God and of Christ". 

My point being that this 6000 years - I believe - is for calling the priesthood, who will serve on earth when Messiah reigns in His Kingdom.  

When Revelation was written down by John, the LORD had the beginnings of His priesthood - the 24 elders. 

I believe there may be many more than just #24 of them.  King David divided the priesthood into 24 courses (1Chron. 24-25).  This because the priests had increased in number to the point where they could not all officiate in the Temple.  David set up a system whereby they could take turns in an orderly manner.  They rotated - one rotation lasting 2 weeks.  On the Feast days they all participated, because the need was much greater - more people coming up to the Temple to offer sacrifices.  

I think it possible, there may be 24 courses of elders, presenting serving in Heaven, preparing to serve as priests and kings on the earth - not just 24 of them. 

15 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Or do you think it's possible that the new heavens and earth have nothing to do with the the Jewish priesthood , laws or any literal Old testament activity and actually has something to do with being a new "creature" or creation in Christ? 

"...Behold, I make all things new..." Rev.21:5

One was a prophecy of the other, just as the sacrificial system and priesthood was a prophecy of what Christ would do. 

38 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

I don't know exactly the best way to say this but it just seems like many people expect the Old Testament to "come alive"in the new heavens and Earth. They take metephorical  language of Swords into plowshares and Spears into pruning hooks and create this literary vision.

Just spoke to someone regarding Isaiah 9:7 and how he wants to relate this to a fictitious Thousand-Year Earthly reign of Christ

" Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end...." well a literal thousand years doesn't mean no end, and later on in the verse Christ will establish this Kingdom "for ever"....

In other words there's so much spiritual language in the Old Testament that beautifully describes the new heavens and the new earth I pray that everyone can see that.

Personally, I do believe that Christ will reign on a physical "earth".   I know some people believe this present earth will be completely gone.  It may be gone.  I don't know.  It could be that Christ will heal and restore this planet to the point where it can be inhabited once again.  

What I do believe is that the immortal redeemed will "reign with Him" on a physical planet called "earth" - for 1000 years.   "The rest of the dead" will "live again" (be resurrected) at that 8th millennium (Rev. 20:5-6).  They will form "nations in the four corners of the earth".   The redeemed (Israel) will rule under Christ, over these nations.   The Gospel will be taught, and many will come to know Christ as Savior.  Most will not.   Satan is released from the abyss at the 8th millennium, and he will deceive them.  They will combine to form a great army under a general Gog.  When they try to attack the City of Jerusalem where Christ is reigning, fire from God out of heaven will come down and consume them. 

NOTE:  Before Christ returns, there will be a Gog/Magog type attack upon Jerusalem.  Satan knows the prophecies, and will try to deceive men into thinking that the Gog/Magog Battle of Rev. 20, has already happened. 

THEN:  will come the Great White Throne judgment.  THEN: the dead will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, which I believe is annihilation.   

THEN:  The New Jerusalem will come down out of Heaven to earth.   THEN:  forever/eternity

During the 7th millennium, I believe this earth will be uninhabited.  It will be "the uninhabited place". 

The prophecy about beating swords into plowshares will be fulfilled during the 8th millennium - not the 7th. 

Edited by Resurrection Priest

2 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

ok. I read your post. While it differs in some areas as others, I am really convinced that the next time we see Jesus, It will be the end of this sin-cursed earth as He makes "all things new".

Jesus even says in Jn.18:36 that "My kingdom is not of this world". So what would make Christ's return to the same world any different?

And figuratively speaking, I look at the language of  "beating swords into plowshares" as there being peace in heaven.

The word translated as "world" in John 18:36, is #2889 ko,smoj (kosmos). 

The word translated most often as "earth" is #1093 gh/ ge {ghay}
Meaning:  1) arable land 2) the ground, the earth as a standing place 3) the main land as opposed to the sea or water 4) the earth as a whole 4a) the earth as opposed to the heavens.

Jesus did not say, "My kingdom is not of this earth." 

He also did not say, "My kingdom is not of this age."   Age = #165 aivw,n aion {ahee-ohn'} Meaning:  1) for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity 2) the worlds, universe 3) period of time, age

I can certainly understand the desire that all sin be done and gone.  Me too!   But I think we have to get Revelation 20 in there. 

I personally believe "the rest of the dead" will be all of those who did not hear of God or Christ during their lifetimes.  They lived and died in ignorance.  I don't think it justice to just throw them into Hell.  But I don't think it right to give them eternal life either - not without them choosing to believe in and serve God. 

That - to me - is the major thing wrong with the idea that human souls are immortal by nature, and at death go either to Heaven or Hell .  Most of those who have lived on this planet did nothing (knowingly) to warrant the torment of Hell.  And on the other hand, transporting "innocent" children into paradise without any informed consent on their part, is manipulation of human minds.  Neither of which God will do - in my opinion.