• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just going to pull out the timing of the Kingdom aspect.  Personally, I believe in a young earth -- however, I do believe that Dr. Gerald Schroeder, an orthodox Jew who also believes in a young earth, has figured out why things MAY appear to be billions of years old.  If you are unfamiliar with Dr. Schroeder, I suggest watching these videos.

So the timing of our day is unique.  The Hebrew calendar says we're in the year 5777, however most scholars will admit we don't really know what year we're actually in.  First of all, years were lost in the Exodus, and years were lost during the dark ages.  It's probably more like 5997, then 5777.  I believe that God allowed mankind to lose years so that we will never KNOW the day, or the hour of His Return.  Personally, I believe the Lord is coming back on the year 6000 exactly.  This is a snippet out of the book of Barnabas found in the Church Fathers.

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him 
signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth
me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Barnabas 15:5
And He rested on the seventh day. this He meaneth; when His Son
shall come
, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall
judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the
stars, then shall he truly rest on the seventh day.

Barnabas 15:8
Finally He saith to them; Your new moons and your Sabbaths I cannot
away with. Ye see what is His meaning ; it is not your present
Sabbaths that are acceptable [unto Me], but the Sabbath which I have
made, in the which, when I have set all things at rest, I will make
the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another
world.

Barnabas 15:9
Wherefore also we keep the eighth day for rejoicing, in the which
also Jesus rose from the dead, and having been manifested ascended
into the heavens.

Now I used Barnabas as a source, instead of Rabbinical writings, however this is a well-understood concept within Judiasm.   What's sad, one of the commentaries is in the Talmud it says this,

Sanhedrin 97:

The Tanna debe Eliyyahu teaches: The world is to exist six thousand years. In the first two thousand there was desolation; [i.e. no Torah. It is a tradition that Abraham was fifty-two years old when he began to convert men to the worship of the true God; from Adam until then, two thousand years elapsed] two thousand years the Torah flourished; and the next two thousand years is the Messianic era, [i.e. Messiah will come within that period] but through our many iniquities all these years have been lost. [He should have come at the beginning of the last two thousand years; the delay is due to our sins.]

They missed his coming ... though they had the timing down perfectly!

The question is, will we miss being ready for His return because we didn't understand the times in which we live?

So according to this process, we're examining a 7000-year time frame.  After 6000 years, the Lord will establish His 1000 year millennial rule.  Then the world will be at rest for 1000 years, until the 8,000th year -- or a new day, the beginnng of a New World -- a New Heavens and a New Earth!

Rev 20:4  Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 

After the 1000 years, we enter ...

Rev 21:1  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 

More on the timing ...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

What's interesting about the year 6000 is the connection to cycles.

Some key cycles to watch closely, is the cycle of 50s or Jubilees.  You have to understand what a Jubilee is to grab hold of its significance.

Levitcus 25:8  "You shall count seven weeks of years, seven times seven years, so that the time of the seven weeks of years shall give you forty-nine years. 
Lev 25:9  Then you shall sound the loud trumpet on the tenth day of the seventh month. On the Day of Atonement you shall sound the trumpet throughout all your land. 
Lev 25:10  And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you, when each of you shall return to his property and each of you shall return to his clan. 

So a jubilee cycle is 7 cycles of 7 = 49 years and the 50th year is when ALL THINGS ARE RESTORED BACK TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER.

In the year 6000, we will have completed 120 Jubilee cycles!   120 is directly connected to judgment as well as restoration.

For example, we read, God tells Noah,

Genesis 6:3  Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years." 

So this is very significant from a Jubilee cycle perspective.  Before God destroyed the world the first time, he waited 120 years.

The number 120 has some hidden meanings if you watch closely.  

For example, when the children of Israel departed from Egypt during the Exodus, 600,000 people left or -- 120 * 5,000.  In the book of Revelation we read about 12,000 sealed of the 12 tribes of Israel or 120*1,200.  There was 120 in the upper room when the disciples replaced Judas.  [Acts 1:15].

Some more on timing...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

Now the number 40 is very significant in the Bible as it's directly connected to TESTING!

Gen_7:17  The flood continued forty days on the earth. The waters increased and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 

Exo_24:18  Moses entered the cloud and went up on the mountain. And Moses was on the mountain forty days and forty nights
During this time, the children of Israel failed their test and made a Golden Calf.

Num 32:13  And the LORD's anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation that had done evil in the sight of the LORD was gone. 

1Sa 17:16  For forty days the Philistine [Goilath] came forward and took his stand, morning and evening. 
Before David slew the Goliath.

Jonah 3:4  Jonah began to go into the city, going a day's journey. And he called out, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!" 

Luke 4:1-2  And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And he ate nothing during those days. And when they were ended, he was hungry. 

40 is a significant number!  For example, the flood of Noah happened in the year 1600 or so of creation.  Thus a complete 40 cycles of 40 or 1600 years.

Since the Cross, we're approaching 2000 years or 40 Jubilee Cycles (40*50=2000) so it's becoming more and more significant!

Also, in the year 6000, we'll be in the 150th cycle of 40 years.

Gen 7:24  And the waters prevailed on the earth 150 days. 

So in conclusion, the year 6000, we would have completed 50 Jubilee cycles of TESTING (40) and thus another indication of the timing of the RESTORATION of ALL THINGS!

Continuing...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

...now we have timing down ...let's talk about the RESTORATION of the Saints!

1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 
1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 

1 John 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

2Co 3:18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Php 3:21  Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Col 3:4  When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. 

... our restoration as it was meant to be!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Days Won:  30

On 8/31/2017 at 4:45 AM, George said:

I'm debating on which direction to head.  But I think we should look at some aspects of the "Kingdom" message that are connected to the Garden of Eden.

In the Garden, mankind and beast were in harmony one with another.  In the 'Restoration' of the Kingdom of God, we'll see such a restoration.

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.

Isaiah 11:6-9 The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.

So we see in the Kingdom ... even the animals will be changed, just as it was in the beginning!

Eze 36:35  And they will say, 'This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden, and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.' 
Eze 36:36  Then the nations that are left all around you shall know that I am the LORD; I have rebuilt the ruined places and replanted that which was desolate. I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it. 
Eze 36:37  "Thus says the Lord GOD: This also I will let the house of Israel ask me to do for them: to increase their people like a flock. 
Eze 36:38  Like the flock for sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem during her appointed feasts, so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am the LORD." 

So we see the RESTORATION of ALL THINGS connected to the Animal Kingdom!

I have a figurine of a lion lying down with a lamb, and people seem to connect it with this passage.  To me it is much more exciting, because it is the Lion of Judah lying down with the Lamb of God.  Our King and our sacrifice for our sin, who is Worthy to open the seals.  Praise God!

• Steward

16 hours ago, Willa said:

I have a figurine of a lion lying down with a lamb, and people seem to connect it with this passage.  To me it is much more exciting, because it is the Lion of Judah lying down with the Lamb of God.  Our King and our sacrifice for our sin, who is Worthy to open the seals.  Praise God!

:thumbsup:

I wrote a devotional, talking about the Lamb and how God used that which seemed unlikely to show as a King.

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/take-hold-mystery-lamb

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have experienced this with a untested female lion. Her name was Opal I picked her up in Kansas City and the owner said she was a bad cat (he had hooked her foot because of impatience for some reason or other and she had a permanent limp :( )... for six months I fed her chicken through a small hole in chain-link fence but after 2 months I would stick my arm through the hole and pet her and she would lick my hand and arm. But once I put the chickens in there she would growl and it seemed the earth actually shook; imagine a 57 Chevy with straight pipes and that is what she sounded like :o . My boss had built a series of pens 7 or 8 to my recollection in a row with a draw gate between each. This enabled, with water hose, to drive animal from one pen to next and close gate to enter it and clean pens... One day the gate got stuck and would not open to put Opal back in her pen so I re-entered the cleaned pen and went to the draw gate and opened it with my hands. My wife said okay hurry get out of there and I started to retreat to the exit gate but stopped and decided to wait on Opal to come into the pen. She entered and came around from my back and leaned against my front as I reached down to hug and pet her. She was so tall that I could barely reach her lower side and as I stroked here there she licked my face with a tongue covered my entire breadth of face; it was very rough  :) ... I look forward to the day when we can love on all animals again without fear of harm. It was the most unique experience of my life thus far.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

OH YEAH. By George, you got it!!!

Thanks!.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 8/30/2017 at 5:44 AM, George said:

Now the name Eber -- עֵבֶר in Hebrew is the root of the word HEBREW.  

יג  וַיָּבֹא, הַפָּלִיט, וַיַּגֵּד, לְאַבְרָם הָעִבְרִי; וְהוּא שֹׁכֵן בְּאֵלֹנֵי מַמְרֵא הָאֱמֹרִי, אֲחִי אֶשְׁכֹּל וַאֲחִי עָנֵר, וְהֵם, בַּעֲלֵי בְרִית-אַבְרָם. 13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew--now he dwelt by the terebinths of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner; and these were confederate with Abram.

So now we begin to see the significance of the name -- Eber -- it's the beginning of the ones that CROSSED over.  The first one that "crossed over" and became a HEBREW was Abraham, or the Father of FAITH!

Rom 4:16  That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
Rom 4:17  as it is written, "I have made you the father of many nations"—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. 

....continuing the study...

FAITH !

Note the faith of ABRAHAM, who is the father of us all

(of faith)

• Thumbs Up 1