George

Deeper Understandings of the Message of the Kingdom

54 minutes ago, traveller said:

Excellent study George! I really enjoyed this. Blessed beyond measure.

Thanks -- as I'm putting together this information for a book I came across another concept that I didn't bring up earlier.

This passage -- 

Mat 19:28  And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 
Mat 19:29  And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 
Mat 19:30  But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first. 

It's a unique Greek word -- only time it's used in the NT.  It's the word -- palingenesia.  

Palin -- means -- to return to

Genesia -- is Genesis.

Literally, it's "restoring everything back to how God originally intended."

I truly need to finish this book!  Pray for me!  :)

• Praying for You! 1

As I was re-reading this thread -- I started the thread about getting off on tangents -- and I was the one that went on a tangent!  LOL!

I discussed the "restoration of the animal kingdom" previously, but I also want to talk about a restoration of a "pure language".

Zep 3:8  Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. 
The Conversion of the Nations
Zep 3:9  For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. 

A restoration of a time before BABEL!

Gen 11:1  And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

• Loved it! 1

Jesus preached the Kingdom of God and Paul preached Christ crucified.  But how well do we understand Jesus' central theme?   Here are 5 points to ponder to get you thinking:

(1) In His model prayer, Jesus taught us to pray, "Thy kingdom come."  Ask your self how you would even recognize it if God answered this petition.

(2) Jesus said, "The kingdom of God does not come with signs to be observed.  Nor will people say, "Look, here it is!"  or 'There it is!"  For the kingdom of God is in your midst (Luke 17:20-21)."  

If Jesus' returns to earth and sets up His millennial kingdom in Israel, wouldn't that involved "signs to be observed?"  Wouldn't we be able to say, "Look, there it is?"  How should this saying of Jesus affect your eschatology?                                                                                                          What did Jesus mean when He said, "The kingdom of God is [already] in your midst?"  And when we pray, "Thy kingdom come,"  how can we reconcile that petition with the fact that God's kingdom is already present?

(3) When the disciples ask the risen Lord when the kingdom of God will be established, He replies, "It is not for you to know the times and periods that the Father has set by His own authority (Acts 1:6-5)."   So why do so many Christians believe we are living in the last days when Jesus will return and set up His kingdom on earth.  Didn't Jesus rule out the possibility of making this determination?

(4) When Jesus teaches that "the kingdom of God has drawn near," does He mean that in a temporal or spatial sense?  Jesus' word to the wise scribe, "You are not far from the kingdom of God (Mark 12:34)," seems to imply a spatial sense of proximity, but that must be only an analogy.  So what does Jesus really mean?

(5) The Hebrew/ Aramaic word for "kingdom" ("Malchuth") means both "reign" and "realm."  How should this dual nuance affect the answer to question (4)?"

To George.

Just recently I posted similar topic in “General” section under the name “Saved or not Saved.” My point in that topic was that beside the general terminology, slogans, and headlines which said that believing in Christ brings salvation, there is also CONDITIONS, under which the salvation can be achieved, and the most important point is that the believing alone is not enough to be saved, and everything what Jesus Christ and His Father GOD ever said, commanded, and required, are all CONDITIONAL requests in order for a human beings achieve forgiveness and salvation, and the entrance into the Kingdom of GOD, as you pointed out in this thread.

You wrote similar topic in your post: “While many focus on “salvation” and while this is the entrance into the Kingdom – the salvation message, is just the beginning of the bigger message that Yeshua was preaching.”

You did not mention the “bigger message,” so my question to you, what the bigger message is?