AlertChristians

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Disciples are to cast out demons. I cast out demons. But I have never been to a church that casts out demons. Churches are apostate, practicing the doctrines of demons. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

12 minutes ago, AlertChristians said:

Disciples are to cast out demons. I cast out demons. But I have never been to a church that casts out demons. Churches are apostate, practicing the doctrines of demons. 

Exorcism was performed by the disciples in the Bible. Today a person can turn to Jesus Christ and ask for salvation and repentance. A reputable Church would not cast out demons because that is God's job.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

46 minutes ago, AlertChristians said:

Amen, AlertChristian.

Luke 9:1-2

Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

It's sad how many seem to think the gifts of the Spirit and miracles are no longer for today.......I think it's just because they don't see miracles personally so they try to justify why they are so powerless.  We are all called to be disciples........if we will.

• Loved it! 1

The passage in Matthew 28 about the great commission includes the following verses (KJV).

As should be determined from scripture, disciples are to cast out demons.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

1 hour ago, AlertChristians said:

We cannot cast out demons in the same way that Jesus, the apostles and some other disciples did. We cast them out by fasting, prayer and preaching the gospel.

Scripture is clear; disciples are to cast out demons.

--------------

Mark 16:17 (KJV)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, AlertChristians said:

What are the doctrines of demons ?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen, AlertChristian.

Luke 9:1-2

Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

It's sad how many seem to think the gifts of the Spirit and miracles are no longer for today.......I think it's just because they don't see miracles personally so they try to justify why they are so powerless.  We are all called to be disciples........if we will.

Dear sister , its because they don't preach the full gospel.   Not only did JESUS say make desicples............he said teaching them to do AALL that I have commanded you.

ITS HIS SAYINGS that don't get taught no more , not all of them.  Just feed the poor .  But HE has a whole lot to observe in his many sayings. This is why so many

are powerless , and powerless to overcome evil.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Dear sister , its because they don't preach the full gospel.   Not only did JESUS say make desicples............he said teaching them to do AALL that I have commanded you.

ITS HIS SAYINGS that don't get taught no more , not all of them.  Just feed the poor .  But HE has a whole lot to observe in his many sayings. This is why so many

are powerless , and powerless to overcome evil.

Amen brother, point well taken......it's probably a process of a downward spiral and then we know that self is always going to want to justify itself at some point by lying to itself.  Doesn't it seem that even churches or revivals that start out well......all seem to get mired in flesh eventually.  Seems like from the beginning there has always only been a remnant of the true to be found anywhere.....and that is why the call to come out of her is a call that really is always going forth.  We always need to be checking that we are true to plumb......by coming directly to the plumbline ourselves and measuring against it, and not receiving any second-hand slanted version of it........like the longer the telephone game goes on the more distorted the message gets by the end.........so we need to always go directly to the originator of the message.   Seems like the Lord is always pruning in His vineyard, constantly.........so we need always to be vigilant.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Exorcism was performed by the disciples in the Bible. Today a person can turn to Jesus Christ and ask for salvation and repentance. A reputable Church would not cast out demons because that is God's job.

..."because that is God's job"

Interesting, but boy that strikes me funny  or as a bit odd.

I think it is not God's responsibility to be doing anything, and  that God does not have a job.

God in His wisdom and good purposes demands what He will demand, be done.

God is not CEO of creation answering to investors of a corporation. He is God, the sovereign over all things, all matters, all of creation.  

If demons are to be cast out of a person it is by His authority as sovereign that it is done and how. God has given guidance for us that is true today as it always has been. We need not rant to cast out demons, we can do so in kindness and teaching that frees victims of demons.  

I think John Piper  four minute answer that describes the howsto be an invaluable resource  for consideration. So I encourage giving a four minute visit to  http://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/do-you-believe-we-should-cast-out-demons-today 

Edited by Neighbor