AlertChristians

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think there is a lot more going on in churches today but no one likes to talk about it.  I know several pastors that deal with it when it comes up.   I don't know anyone who just lets things like that go.  There are people to go to if you don't want/need to be involved.

And you always need to be careful you don't get sued from dealing with someone that is just mentally ill.....   or people who've been traumatized into all kinds of mental problems that aren't necessarily associated with demonic activity, and if you approach that in a possession attitude you can do them severe harm long term.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Lots of churches as well as the peoples have no power , because they sold out to mans wisdom long ago.

We don't need a new ager like Sigmund fraud,  in our churches.    We don't need mans wisdom to cast out demons, WE need only rely ON THE SPIRIT.

but so long as the peoples and leaders are wrapped in in mens earthly wisdom.   They only get deceived and have no power.

Mental illness.    HMMMM.    one thing they all have in common.    they all believe ONE LIE or ANOTHER .   GEE who is the FATHER OF LIES

We don't need sigmunds advice.   We need only CHRIST .  and or faith cannot be in earthly wisdom and heavenly.  NO , it must be in HE ALONE. 

AMEN. 

It's not our decision when we will be authorised. The timing belongs to God who will send the early and latter rain in its season. 

You have the right attitude though. Knowledge of men ruins the vision of God. But even if you have perfect understanding you can practice casting demons without His power.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

But even if you have perfect understanding you can practice casting demons without His power.

and I would just say that is a dangerous position to take.   That may be why the Catholic Priests have so much trouble with it...    If you have the Holy Spirit and tell it to go the Spirit tells it to go and there is no back and forth.  It doesn't take a week to expel a demon.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

30 minutes ago, other one said:

and I would just say that is a dangerous position to take.   That may be why the Catholic Priests have so much trouble with it...    If you have the Holy Spirit and tell it to go the Spirit tells it to go and there is no back and forth.  It doesn't take a week to expel a demon.

Hmm...I think that's the problem that you think we have that kind of authority to tell evil spirits to go and they will obey.

Having the Holy Spirit doesn't mean you have the power straight away. If you look up how Jesus started his service:

He went to be baptized in Jordan. Then the spirit of God fell upon Him like a dove. The Spirit led him to the wilderness and was tested by satan. After Jesus overcame him, he returned in the power of the Spirit. Luke 4.14. and angels were serving Him. Then he started casting demons, healing the sick and preaching the gospel.

He didn't cast out any demon before He was authorized.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

From an untrained unqualified layperson such as myself, I wouldn't begin to know the difference between mental illness and demonic possession, unless it smacked me upside the head.

That's why Ephesians 6: 10-17 is critical for the Christian. Notice in the Armor of God, the first five are defensive and the sixth is the offensive weapon. 

I personally do believe a "layman" Christian full of faith can cast out a demon in the name of Jesus Christ. However, I also believe that unqualified person could likely cause more spiritual, psychological and legal harm with his / her involvement. 

I use to watch a lot of prison programs like "Locked Up Raw". Some of those inmates "appeared" to be demonically possessed as opposed to mentally ill. Some of the abnormal behavior included constantly cutting themselves, causing injury to themselves, smearing their own feces all over themselves and throwing it on correctional staff, etc. They are controlled with sorceries (pharmakeia), which we derive the word "pharmacy" or drugs. Treating the symptoms and not the root cause. The Word of God contains the Rx for a demonic / evil cure.

One thing seems to be obvious though. The Bible states only a small fraction of Jesus' miracles and casting out demon's are recorded. When you look at the number of demonic possessions Jesus and the Apostles cast out, compared to the geographic area and population there at the time, it was significant. If that was the case back then and there, imagine how many people may be demonically possessed today? 

Just my reasoning anyway...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't have permission to post links yet. So I'm posting the title of a recording I posted today on YouTube.

"Disciples are to Cast out Demons - Mark 16:17 - The World is Practicing the Doctrines of Demons"

Edited by AlertChristians