• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have a problem with worrying. I overworry, especially about others, and it can feel stressful. As much as I pray to God, casting my burdens on Him and asking for grace to handle things, I still worry. It's not always easy to get things out of my mind!

Does anyone relate? How do you deal with it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

my dad had that problem....   didn't ever that I know of get a grip on it.  It made him a very nice person though.  Always concerned about others and would help ever chance he got.....   it doesn't have to be all bad.  You just have to learn to affect those things that you can and let God take care of the rest.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, other one said:

my dad had that problem....   didn't ever that I know of get a grip on it.  It made him a very nice person though.  Always concerned about others and would help ever chance he got.....   it doesn't have to be all bad.  You just have to learn to affect those things that you can and let God take care of the rest.

The learning part is difficult! :D

The choices those I care about may or may not make, what could go wrong if they did this or that....It leads me to a lot of praying, which I love to do, but it blurs caring and obsessing for me. I've just never been one of those "oh, well." types.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I also pray, and then I claim God's promises and dwell on what is good and honorable, just, pure and of good report according with Philippians 5.   Don't worry much anymore, but I pray continually.   Psalms 37 and 34 are helpful as well.

Worrying about our children is something else.  We bring the up in the way they should go.  But we have to start letting go and committing them to God.  It is not always easy.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, AppleMumble said:

The learning part is difficult! :D

The choices those I care about may or may not make, what could go wrong if they did this or that....It leads me to a lot of praying, which I love to do, but it blurs caring and obsessing for me. I've just never been one of those "oh, well." types.

I'm not an "oh, well" type either....   but at 70 now, I learned a long time ago most of the things I worried about never came to being and stressing over them kept me from dealing with the things that needed to be dealt with.  I taught myself to just deal with the things as they come for that's enough of a hand full for me.

My wife calls me a procrastinator, but in reality I'm just waiting to see if I really have to deal with it   LoL

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, other one said:

I'm not an "oh, well" type either....   but at 70 now, I learned a long time ago most of the things I worried about never came to being and stressing over them kept me from dealing with the things that needed to be dealt with.  I taught myself to just deal with the things as they come for that's enough of a hand full for me.

My wife calls me a procrastinator, but in reality I'm just waiting to see if I really have to deal with it   LoL

OH my.  I thought you were my age other one.   Be blessed and praise the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I used to have a lot of worries and anxiety. It is much better now that I have given it all to God. But then you have to have the faith and trust that He has it. You have to give everything in your life to God and try not to control it yourself. Let him guide and direct you through life. Put Him in the drivers seat. I still do have some worry and anxiety but then when I feel it creeping up I tell God what is bothering me and ask Him to give me an inner peace.

mp3speaker.pngBible worry

Question: "What does the Bible say about worry?"

Answer:
The Bible clearly teaches that Christians are not to worry. In Philippians 4:6, we are commanded, “Do not be anxious [do not worry] about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” In this Scripture, we learn that we should bring all of our needs and concerns to God in prayer rather than worry about them. Jesus encourages us to avoid worrying about our physical needs like clothing and food. Jesus assures us that our heavenly Father will take care of all our needs (Matthew 6:25-34). Therefore, we have no need to worry about anything.

Since worrying should not be a part of a believer's life, how does one overcome worry? In 1 Peter 5:7, we are instructed to “cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” God does not want us to carry around the weight of problems and burdens. In this verse, God is telling us to give Him all of our worries and concerns. Why does God want to take on our problems? The Bible says it is because He cares for us. God is concerned about everything that happens to us. No worry is too big or too small for His attention. When we give God our problems, He promises to give us the peace which transcends all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

Of course, for those who do not know the Savior, worry and anxiety will be part of life. But to those who have given their lives to Him, Jesus promised, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-worry.html

Thank you, missmuffet! Of all days today, I needed to read the assurances quoted in your response.

I love that part about "No worry is too big or too small for His attention." He cares for those who trust in Him.

God bless you!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/30/2017 at 0:17 PM, AppleMumble said:

I have a problem with worrying. I overworry, especially about others, and it can feel stressful. As much as I pray to God, casting my burdens on Him and asking for grace to handle things, I still worry. It's not always easy to get things out of my mind!

Does anyone relate? How do you deal with it?

My middle name is WORRY.

I am 56. Took me until I was 55.92875 1/2 years old to finally let go of everything.

That's the secret.

Humanity has a god complex.

Plain and simple.

Oh it is disguised as many things. Religion is the biggest one.

But dominance, projection of self will and imposing it upon others, often by the catch phrase:

It's not fair"

-or-

"This is the way it OUGHT to be..."

Worry is just another form of wanting what [WE FEEL / BELIEVE] is best for ... (fill in the blank).

And it is the result of when things don't go according to... according to... US . {sigh}

There's nothing wrong with having preferences. But destroying ourselves from the inside out with worry

is far more than preference. It's the god complex.

A rabbi once said about the subject, "It's God's Kingdom - HE  should worry."

Trust in him.

• This is Worthy 1