George

Is it just me .... the legacy continues ...

17 minutes ago, George said:

I suggest printing the thread ... as a memento!  LOL!  I'd be interested in seeing how many pages of ink would be used!  LOL!

Well lets see....     each page takes about 4 pages to print off for the first six years till Enoob came along with all the graphics, then it junped up to about 8 pages...

So even running duplex the whole average will be about 5 pages two sided for each thread page.   That would be somewhere around 53,500 sheets of paper.   The last Xerox printer I worked on runs 1.5 sheets a second when printing duplex.  That would take about ten hours to run.   Setting up to run would take about three weeks 10 hours a day.    Add that that 53,500 sheets of paper weighs several hundred pounds....   I'm too old to deal with all that.

LoL   somehow I don't think that would be realistic.

Well I just want to remind all of you that the original reason for starting last was because Red was worried about killing threads....   we were pretty much mind made up that we could not let that happen....

and looks like we were all failures...  :sad030:

So after 14 years of hard work she finally did it.....   Red killed the thread....    and we are defeated.

So the answer to the original post the answer is Yes.....    Red does kill threads.

Do we need a Red Alert system?

• Haha 1

George in all seriousness, I have been more concerned about the cpu time it takes to post on that thread.   It was taking longer and longer to get through the full post time and since computers don't do a lot of things at one time (unless things have changed in the past couple of years since I stopped being involved with them) it would affect the speed of the whole site.  I don't know what you are using to host the site, but it must be kind of mind boggling to keep up with it all.

14 minutes ago, other one said:

George in all seriousness, I have been more concerned about the cpu time it takes to post on that thread.

Honestly, it is like 10,000 threads in one post.  So the bigger it got -- the most monsterous it became.  I am even doing a backup of the server before I delete it.   I'm concerned it'll crash the forums as it goes through deleting.  LOL!  If it does --- truly it would have the LAST laugh!  LOL!

• Haha 1

And yet, last lives on. Lol though seriously before you do any deleting....you should contact guineas book of world records...because I honestly think its the longest thread in existence. I haven't been able to find another anyway.

7 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

And yet, last lives on. Lol though seriously before you do any deleting....you should contact guineas book of world records...because I honestly think its the longest thread in existence. I haven't been able to find another anyway.

I don't know if we want the publicity!  We can't keep up with what we have now! :)  Besides -- I'm not sure if we should be so proud of 10,000 pages of ... :)

8 minutes ago, George said:

I don't know if we want the publicity!  We can't keep up with what we have now! :)  Besides -- I'm not sure if we should be so proud of 10,000 pages of ... :)

:oOH please don't make light of the quest to prove that Red isn't a killer.....   especially since we failed..  :sad030:

But I can still be last here just to spite Logan and Enoob  :P 

13 minutes ago, George said:

Hey watch it buck-o- :P

and as they say at the Kentucky Derby.....       "aaannndd, their off"..