IGNORED

Have you been deceived by Satan through your church?

ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

IMO, the epistle writers were extremely tactful as they mixed their dire warnings 

in with their many edifications, exhortations, encouragements, blessings, etc.

I see several reasons for this.

IMO, Jesus taught this (approach to the churches) to Paul in the desert places for 17 years

before the latter began his ministry to the Gentiles.

amen

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, Amazing Horse said:

Gospel of salvation is in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 , it's free gift ( if you had to pay for it then it can't be gift ) not of yourself , but it's free gift from God Ephesians 2:8-9 because you believed in his Son Jesus Christ that he paid in full( in greek ) /it is finished John 19:30 . After you believe you are sealed untill day of redemption with Holy Spirit Ephesians 1:13-14 it's that simple .

Suppose I give a car to my son, and he misuses it (dangerously), cannot I take the car back?

A free gift can be taken back.

Spiritual Truth just ain't as simple as you think it is!

Why don't you try RECONCILING the so-called OSAS NT verses with the anti-OSAS NT verses?

The NT word "believe" cannot possibly mean what you think it does!

Because it actually must mean: believe, trust, and obey (until death).

This is what the NT teaches. 

Edited by ZacharyB

RE: repenting of a particular sin

1 have sorrow over doing it

2 confess it before the Lord

3 ask the Lord for forgiveness

4 stop doing it

This what the Lord requires of you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

14 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

Suppose I give a car to my son, and he misuses it (dangerously), cannot I take the car back?

A free gift can be taken back.

Spiritual Truth just ain't as simple as you think it is!

Why don't you try RECONCILING the so-called OSAS NT verses with the anti-OSAS NT verses?

The NT word "believe" cannot possibly mean what you think it does!

Because it actually must mean: believe, trust, and obey (until death).

This is what the NT teaches. 

No , if you give somebody car and then take it back it's lend  not gift .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

All who work to gain salvation will be lost... all ! It's not rocket science 

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)

[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

and you see those who by their own works expect to enter into heaven here

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)

[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those who realize from where the work comes from

Philippians 1:6 (KJV)

[6] Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Don't let Catholicism or those who follow their pernicious ways lead you to the Lord Lord scenario where what I have done in my strength = worthy to enter in!
You can only have:
Grace based salvation OR works based salvation ...
Those who say you need to have Grace and works are saying logically you can have both yes and no for the same answer....

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

I think much confusion comes by people trying to "rightly DIVIDE the Word of God".....where people see Scripture that seemingly contradicts Scripture thats were we are to "divide" His Word.....the diividing line out FAITH by the New Covenant & the LAW of the Old......this is where it gets tricky because there is no division,in fact the contradictions are actually "balance"......Paul tried to explain this just as we try to do today 

Romans 6King James Version (KJV)

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Decision,willingness,conformity,continually,habitually......who do we offer ourselves to as living sacrifices? Our FAITH in Christ finished work begins the process of transformation that is a result of our RELATIONSHIP with the One we LOVE....

Matthew 6:20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is,there your heart will be also. 22The eye is the lamp of the body. If your vision is clear, your whole body will be full of light.…

Someone mentioned the heroin addict who comes to Christ,by his Faith- he is Saved by GRACE(as he is).....as time marches on his love will be tested,IF he loves Jesus he will mature & grow because his heart will be in Christ......if he continues to offer himself to the heroin after he was made alive then he is feeding the lust of the flesh ........this person is in danger of falling away imo....the heart will eventually harden & we must consider that if he were asked to make a choice what that choice may be?I don't believe you are accountable for what you do not yet know but once you do then you must be responsible for your own Salvation

Philippians 2:11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12Therefore, my beloved,just as you have always obeyed, not only in mypresence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure.…

Just as a baby before the age of reason is Saved by Gods Grace and not held accountable for what he does not yet know I believe a Born Again Believer is not held responsible for what he does not yet know as well.....I do believe there can come a time where we have decisions to make and we would never come to that place as long as we remain in Relationship with God in Christ as we are all a work in progress......I know of "Christians" who bear no good fruit,they do not appear to have a repentant heart and have gradually fallen back into their old ways after slowly & steadily stepping out into the wilderness.....torn between flesh & spirit for a time & eventually yieding to the lust of the flesh,ignoring the Vice of God until they could no longer hear Him......what happened,are they OSAS or have they chosen not to serve God anymore.....I ask & I heard answers like "Where was God when I got cancer,He turned His back on me"    Was this person not truly Saved in the first place? They did not LOSE their Salvation,they are making a willful decision,are they not? 

I believe the Word of God teaches us to GUARD our hearts as Believers....to treasure,nurture,feed & cherish the LIFE that has been given us through our FAITH in Jesus to the GRACE of GOD  by which we are Guranteed the Seal of Redemption,that no one could TAKE.....why would we be given so many warnings unless we would face perilous times and grave danger,we are not in danger of "losing" our Salvation but we are in danger of a hardening heart that can wax cold if we do not surrender ourselves & submit to Christs Lordship as a LIving Sacrifice.....& only because we LOVE Him,it is the heart,RELATIONSHIP......ignore your spouse for 5 years and what will happen?Join your single friends every weekend and see where it will lead...... That Relationship will fall apart ,will it not? No,it is not by our works or any effort of our own that we are Saved but we must keep our eyes on Jesus and  feed our Faith by Hearing the Word of God & stay in communion,He Does the rest 

Anyway,I think I started rambling,I never want to lose sight of Jesus,I need Him every day that I live on earth in this body,I walked away once by the lures & temptations of this world and I won't do that again......how many may never find their way back & choose not to?I have a couple of specific people in my mind ,one was a family member that I do not believe I will see again,he wanted no part of Jesus as far as I know                   Anyway,I will never take my Salvation for granted,I am humbly grateful,with my life                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                   

Our Kwikster sister has got it right again!

Since creation, God has always insisted on man’s co-operation.

Jesus will make you holy (i.e. He will fully sanctify you),

but only IF you co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit

via your God-given free-will.

Edited by ZacharyB

Guest shiloh357
On 9/1/2017 at 1:41 PM, ZacharyB said:

I believe if you check John 14, you will find His promise to remain with us FOREVER

is made to those who obey His commandments.

People find all kinds of different fault with the verses I have listed in the OP

... for all kinds of different reasons!

But, I really do insist on people answering line 1 ...

Please tell me why NT passages such as these do NOT apply to you?

What makes you think you live up to His commandments?   Have you sinned one time in the last month?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

The law is to warn those who are presumptuous of their salvation, who have been baptized when they were 10 and lived like heathen for the rest of their lives, neglecting so great a salvation.  They may need to hear the Gospel again and to be warned to repent.

There are those who have fallen under condemnation and accusation of the enemy, who find themselves living in Roman 7, wretched man that I am, Who shall deliver me from this body of sin and death?  These need to learn to rest in the completed work of Christ on the cross, and to recognize God's leading so as to walk in the spirit.  Encourage the weak.

Php 3:8 LITV  But, no, rather I also count all things to be loss because of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them to betrash, that I might gain Christ Php 3:9  and be found in Him; not having my own righteousness of Law, but through the faith of Christ, having the righteousness of God on faith, Php 3:10  to know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, having been conformed to His death, Php 3:11  if somehow I may attain to a resurrection out of the dead.

Php 3:12  Not that I already received or already have been perfected, but I press on, if I also may lay hold, inasmuch as I also was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.  Php 3:13  Brothers, I do not count myself to have laid hold, but one thing I do, forgetting the things behind, and stretching forward to those things before,  Php 3:14  I press on after a mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Even the mature are not perfect, but our goal is to be perfect even as Jesus is perfect.  So we often ask God to forgive our bad attitudes and that we may grow in God's love, without which we are a noisy gong or a clanging symbol.  

That is what the law without grace sounds like.  clanging symbols.  

• Thumbs Up 1