IGNORED

Why do some Christian TV preachers put Israel above Christianity?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have noted that some TV preachers seem to preach a lot about modern day Israel rather than Christianity. They seem to use Old Testament doctrines as if they were New Testament. One catchphrase that they use is that Israel is "God's Chosen People". This is an Old Testament term that I think they are misusing. I fully support Israel politically and pray that the Orthodox Jews there accept Jesus as Messiah. I just object to what I see as pandering by some TV preachers who may have a popular name--and therefore use their name and OT scripture to solicit donations.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The distinction between Israel and the Church is stark in the physical.

But in the spiritual, not as much as most believe.

IMHO the times of the Gentiles is winding down. Last days. And God is about to turn the focus back on (physical) Israel.

Remember, God's intention for Israel in the first place was that it would be the Church (and then evangelize the Gentile world).

Exodus 19:6 (RSV)
6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

Prophets and Priests have this in common: they are the go-betweens between  God and man.

If it was only about (physical) Israel who would they be the go-betweens between? Gentiles.

Because it's all about choice and this is the realm of choice (there has to be a choice not to follow God) and Israel chose not to follow God to the cross of Christ.

Doesn't mean it was all over for them (as a people). As individuals... is another matter*.

But God made covenants binding upon himself with Israel that were unconditional (for Israel). In belief or not. (not including eternal salvation*).

He will see the covenants through.

That's what the Great Tribulation is for. Once the number of Gentiles that will come in is realized, God will create the conditions for Israel to be so driven to its knees

they will (as the last of resorts) cry out to Jesus since nothing else has worked and their doom is impending.

And HE WILL SAVE THEM!

The problem with the Church organization is that it bought into replacement theology.

Tried to get rid of every vestige of Jewishness it could like a second wife would of a first.

Israel (physical and spiritual) has always been the focus and purpose of God.

And we Gentile born believers should be most grateful for being allowed to participate in God's Israel plan!

People always say they don't know what God wants, how do we please God?

Believe in his Son.

Pray for the salvation  of Jews.

That's about 99% of it.