I 'm passing through trials

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I got married two years ago and I and my wife lost our jobs. We engaged in serious prayers after which we sowed a seed January 2017 believing God for jobs and for twins baby boys. My wife took in and after the scan we learnt it was twins. Everything was going fine, though we were still waiting for jobs. At 25weeks of the pregnancy, complications came up, she put to bed, since they were premature, they were put into incubators, but we eventually lost our babies. They both died. Presently, we are still facing the issue of joblessness, coupled with the trauma of the loss and even at present, our house rent will be expired in two days and we do not know how to go about this. In 2012, while I was praying, I got a still voice message inside of me, which said "my son, wait upon the Lord, proclaim it 3 times I will wait upon the Lord" yet now I am passing through all these. Please, I need encouraging replies from you Children of God an mostly we need your prayers. Thanks and God blessĀ 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Praying for you and your wife. So sorry to hear of your loss. Thats a painful trial. I cannot say why for your trials but what ever happens trust trust trust in God. The main hope We have is Christ the hope of glory. I will pray for God's intervention in your needs. His love never fails.Ā 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

Sorry to hear about your loss. I've been through (keyword "THROUGH") my fair share as anyone--believer and non-believer alike.

I think as Christians, because we are under the New Covenant, we tend to think that God should just automatically protect us from every one of life's injustices. I used to think that way, but it is wrong thinking and will lead you down a path that can turn you against God. Jesus suffered the most unjust trials of anyone, yet it was all for God's greater purpose and glory. Here's a good article on why we have trials in case you are interested:Ā https://khouse.org/articles/2006/626

Trials test our faith, and we must remember that until our Kinsman Redeemer breaks the 7th Seal, Satan still has ownership rights of this earth. So press in my brother, and seek help from your church body and family. I don't say this lightly because I know what suffering is (I'm currently in one that's been ongoing for several years now, since 2012 as a matter of fact!) and my heart breaks for your situation and the grief you've had to bear. But God is still good, He's good to you, and He is worthy of all praise. So even if you can just praise Him for salvation and relationship right now, He will honor that.

If you know in your heart that He said, "my son, wait upon the Lord, proclaim it 3 times I will wait upon the Lord" in 2012 (seems like a long time and it is!) then you hang onto that no matter what! Wait upon the Lord and not on circumstances. He measure growth, not time. Pour your heart out to Him and search yourself to see what He's wanting to purge from you in order to see His reflection of Himself in YOU! As silver refined. I too received a word from Him in 2013, and I've wrestled with if it was even from Him (which I do know it was), and am still awaiting the promise. He is faithful to His word and will get us to the "other side." Use this as an opportunity to deepen your intimacy with Him by continuingĀ seeking Him even when it's dark and He is silent because he says that He will give you hidden treasures in darkness

ā€œI will give you theĀ treasuresĀ of darkness AndĀ hidden wealth of secret places, So that you may know that it is I, TheĀ Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

This is a test for those with pure hearts whom He is refining and who He is training to use. Rejoice in this! I know it's hard, but instead of asking "Why" simply remember "Who".

Trials show us who we are, and test us to see if we will practice what we preach. So in what I've learned, it's more about your mindset and steadfastedness than in the circumstances. Again, not minimizing your suffering, but just sharing some wisdom. I also think about Joseph sitting a prison for two years--what must have went through his head during that time, yet he did not lose faith. Or David when he was holed up in a cave (without a sofa or a tv) left to commisurate and supplicate to God, with Saul combing through every nook and cranny trying to kill him. Or Moses, on the backside of the desert (not the front side mind you!) following a turnaround from ruling in Egypt to tending sheep. Talk about suckiness! I just say this to you because though it hurts, you are in good company. You have a Lion as your best friend and your covenant with Him makes Him responsible for your life. So trust Him. Cry to Him when you have to, and seek out those in your chuch family for comfort and help. You will get through this. Just know that you are loved and one day, all of this crud we go through here will determine our rewards and our rulership in the next Kingdom!

One thing I find comfort in is Matthew 6:Ā 

25Ā ā€œFor this reason I say to you,Ā [n]do not beĀ worried about yourĀ [o]life,Ā as toĀ what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body,Ā as toĀ what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?Ā 26Ā Look at the birds of theĀ [p]air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, andĀ yetĀ your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?Ā 27Ā And who of you by beingĀ worried canĀ add aĀ singleĀ [q]hour to hisĀ [r]life?Ā 28Ā And why are youĀ worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,Ā 29Ā yet I say to you that not evenĀ Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.Ā 30Ā But if God so clothes theĀ grass of the field, which isĀ aliveĀ today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace,Ā will HeĀ not much moreĀ clotheĀ you?Ā You of little faith!Ā 31Ā Do notĀ worry then, saying, ā€˜What will we eat?ā€™ or ā€˜What will we drink?ā€™ or ā€˜What will we wear for clothing?ā€™Ā 32Ā For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; forĀ your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.Ā 33Ā ButĀ [s]seek firstĀ [t]His kingdom and His righteousness, andĀ all these things will beĀ [u]added to you.34Ā ā€œSo do notĀ worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow willĀ [v]care for itself.Ā [w]Each day has enough trouble of its own.

And also meditate onĀ Philippians chapter 4 where Paul encourages those believers to rejoice and make their supplications to God (don't stop praising God for who He is and your salvation, and pour your heart out to Him because He loves you and wants to hear from you). Further in Philippians 4 talks about LEARNING contentment in all things. Life if going to happen, but we have the Holy Spirit INSIDE of us--so rely on Him as your strength.Ā 

Lastly, Psalm 77 has helped me put things in proper perspective. And then Psalm 13, Psalm 116, Isaiah 50:10 and Isaiah 43. Ā So be strong and courageous, and I will pray!

Boy, did a I just diatribe or what!? :)Ā 

• Loved it! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, kennethgeorge said:

I got married two years ago and I and my wife lost our jobs. We engaged in serious prayers after which we sowed a seed January 2017 believing God for jobs and for twins baby boys. My wife took in and after the scan we learnt it was twins. Everything was going fine, though we were still waiting for jobs. At 25weeks of the pregnancy, complications came up, she put to bed, since they were premature, they were put into incubators, but we eventually lost our babies. They both died. Presently, we are still facing the issue of joblessness, coupled with the trauma of the loss and even at present, our house rent will be expired in two days and we do not know how to go about this. In 2012, while I was praying, I got a still voice message inside of me, which said "my son, wait upon the Lord, proclaim it 3 times I will wait upon the Lord" yet now I am passing through all these. Please, I need encouraging replies from you Children of God an mostly we need your prayers. Thanks and God blessĀ 

I'll pass on the words I once heard from someone who went through a lot. Ā I once had the privilege of spending some time at a retreat in a small groupĀ with an old (in his late 70s or 80s) missionary. Ā Over his life, his work in Africa (in the 1930s and 40s) and later Europe resulted in thousands of new churches being started. Ā Ā As a child, he and his sibling had a single mother. Ā She had reached the point of having no money and no means of supporting them anymoreĀ and had decided to put the kids into an orphanage. Ā He remembers being dressed in their best clothes, the car arriving to pick them up, and his mother deciding at the last moment that somehow, no matter what it took, GodĀ would get themĀ through it, and decided to keep the children with her. Ā Before he and his wife left for the mission field, they lost their first child, in their arms by the side of the road where the car they were in had broken down on the way to a hospital. Ā Reflecting back on this, he said he decided that he was not going to hell over a mystery. Ā He said he could have blamed God and become angry, but he decided to trust that thereĀ was a bigger picture he could not see. Ā  He and his wife spent many years alone out in the bush and jungle of Africa enduring a lot of physical hardships. Ā Years later, he became a mentor and leader to many young pastors and missionaries. Ā When they were going through struggles, he'd encourage them with "just hang in there." Ā Ā 

One thing he said that stuck with me was this. Ā The greater the trials and problems you are going through, it is likely the greater the things that God is preparing you to do.

Ā 

• Loved it! 2

1 hour ago, Rare Bird said:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I've been through (keyword "THROUGH") my fair share as anyone--believer and non-believer alike.

I think as Christians, because we are under the New Covenant, we tend to think that God should just automatically protect us from every one of life's injustices. I used to think that way, but it is wrong thinking and will lead you down a path that can turn you against God. Jesus suffered the most unjust trials of anyone, yet it was all for God's greater purpose and glory. Here's a good article on why we have trials in case you are interested:Ā https://khouse.org/articles/2006/626

Trials test our faith, and we must remember that until our Kinsman Redeemer breaks the 7th Seal, Satan still has ownership rights of this earth. So press in my brother, and seek help from your church body and family. I don't say this lightly because I know what suffering is (I'm currently in one that's been ongoing for several years now, since 2012 as a matter of fact!) and my heart breaks for your situation and the grief you've had to bear. But God is still good, He's good to you, and He is worthy of all praise. So even if you can just praise Him for salvation and relationship right now, He will honor that.

If you know in your heart that He said, "my son, wait upon the Lord, proclaim it 3 times I will wait upon the Lord" in 2012 (seems like a long time and it is!) then you hang onto that no matter what! Wait upon the Lord and not on circumstances. He measure growth, not time. Pour your heart out to Him and search yourself to see what He's wanting to purge from you in order to see His reflection of Himself in YOU! As silver refined. I too received a word from Him in 2013, and I've wrestled with if it was even from Him (which I do know it was), and am still awaiting the promise. He is faithful to His word and will get us to the "other side." Use this as an opportunity to deepen your intimacy with Him by continuingĀ seeking Him even when it's dark and He is silent because he says that He will give you hidden treasures in darkness

ā€œI will give you theĀ treasuresĀ of darkness AndĀ hidden wealth of secret places, So that you may know that it is I, TheĀ Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

This is a test for those with pure hearts whom He is refining and who He is training to use. Rejoice in this! I know it's hard, but instead of asking "Why" simply remember "Who".

Trials show us who we are, and test us to see if we will practice what we preach. So in what I've learned, it's more about your mindset and steadfastedness than in the circumstances. Again, not minimizing your suffering, but just sharing some wisdom. I also think about Joseph sitting a prison for two years--what must have went through his head during that time, yet he did not lose faith. Or David when he was holed up in a cave (without a sofa or a tv) left to commisurate and supplicate to God, with Saul combing through every nook and cranny trying to kill him. Or Moses, on the backside of the desert (not the front side mind you!) following a turnaround from ruling in Egypt to tending sheep. Talk about suckiness! I just say this to you because though it hurts, you are in good company. You have a Lion as your best friend and your covenant with Him makes Him responsible for your life. So trust Him. Cry to Him when you have to, and seek out those in your chuch family for comfort and help. You will get through this. Just know that you are loved and one day, all of this crud we go through here will determine our rewards and our rulership in the next Kingdom!

One thing I find comfort in is Matthew 6:Ā 

25Ā ā€œFor this reason I say to you,Ā [n]do not beĀ worried about yourĀ [o]life,Ā as toĀ what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body,Ā as toĀ what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?Ā 26Ā Look at the birds of theĀ [p]air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, andĀ yetĀ your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?Ā 27Ā And who of you by beingĀ worried canĀ add aĀ singleĀ [q]hour to hisĀ [r]life?Ā 28Ā And why are youĀ worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,Ā 29Ā yet I say to you that not evenĀ Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.Ā 30Ā But if God so clothes theĀ grass of the field, which isĀ aliveĀ today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace,Ā will HeĀ not much moreĀ clotheĀ you?Ā You of little faith!Ā 31Ā Do notĀ worry then, saying, ā€˜What will we eat?ā€™ or ā€˜What will we drink?ā€™ or ā€˜What will we wear for clothing?ā€™Ā 32Ā For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; forĀ your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.Ā 33Ā ButĀ [s]seek firstĀ [t]His kingdom and His righteousness, andĀ all these things will beĀ [u]added to you.34Ā ā€œSo do notĀ worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow willĀ [v]care for itself.Ā [w]Each day has enough trouble of its own.

And also meditate onĀ Philippians chapter 4 where Paul encourages those believers to rejoice and make their supplications to God (don't stop praising God for who He is and your salvation, and pour your heart out to Him because He loves you and wants to hear from you). Further in Philippians 4 talks about LEARNING contentment in all things. Life if going to happen, but we have the Holy Spirit INSIDE of us--so rely on Him as your strength.Ā 

Lastly, Psalm 77 has helped me put things in proper perspective. And then Psalm 13, Psalm 116, Isaiah 50:10 and Isaiah 43. Ā So be strong and courageous, and I will pray!

Boy, did a I just diatribe or what!? :)Ā 

Oh thanks a lot for taking out time for this. It's really encouraging. God is great. This is actually what I need now. I believe God has a reason for all of what I am passing through and I also believe things will be better from now. May God bless you for this. I pray by the power in the Name of Jesus Christ, may your heart desires be granted unto you. Thanks once more.Ā 

• Loved it! 1

13 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I'll pass on the words I once heard from someone who went through a lot. Ā I once had the privilege of spending some time at a retreat in a small groupĀ with an old (in his late 70s or 80s) missionary. Ā Over his life, his work in Africa (in the 1930s and 40s) and later Europe resulted in thousands of new churches being started. Ā Ā As a child, he and his sibling had a single mother. Ā She had reached the point of having no money and no means of supporting them anymoreĀ and had decided to put the kids into an orphanage. Ā He remembers being dressed in their best clothes, the car arriving to pick them up, and his mother deciding at the last moment that somehow, no matter what it took, GodĀ would get themĀ through it, and decided to keep the children with her. Ā Before he and his wife left for the mission field, they lost their first child, in their arms by the side of the road where the car they were in had broken down on the way to a hospital. Ā Reflecting back on this, he said he decided that he was not going to hell over a mystery. Ā He said he could have blamed God and become angry, but he decided to trust that thereĀ was a bigger picture he could not see. Ā  He and his wife spent many years alone out in the bush and jungle of Africa enduring a lot of physical hardships. Ā Years later, he became a mentor and leader to many young pastors and missionaries. Ā When they were going through struggles, he'd encourage them with "just hang in there." Ā Ā 

One thing he said that stuck with me was this. Ā The greater the trials and problems you are going through, it is likely the greater the things that God is preparing you to do.

Ā 

Thank you so much. God will see us all through. May God bless you more.Ā 

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Praying for you and your wife. So sorry to hear of your loss. Thats a painful trial. I cannot say why for your trials but what ever happens trust trust trust in God. The main hope We have is Christ the hope of glory. I will pray for God's intervention in your needs. His love never fails.Ā 

Thanks alot. May God bless you.Ā 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hello kennethgeorge,

Oh the pain, and oh the sorrow, like great waves have seemed to come upon you to swamp your frail boat of life. Yet as the last two posters have encouraged, underneath are the everlasting arms which can I say, hold your precious twins, waiting for the day when you are all united in Him.

When you reach the bottom of your trial then there, there you will see His merciful hand showing you His greatness in mercy and loving-kindness, as the trials breaks and the sunshine of His love breaks through the gloom.Ā 

praying, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

14 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hello kennethgeorge,

Oh the pain, and oh the sorrow, like great waves have seemed to come upon you to swamp your frail boat of life. Yet as the last two posters have encouraged, underneath are the everlasting arms which can I say, hold your precious twins, waiting for the day when you are all united in Him.

When you reach the bottom of your trial then there, there you will see His merciful hand showing you His greatness in mercy and loving-kindness, as the trials breaks and the sunshine of His love breaks through the gloom.Ā 

praying, Marilyn.

Thanks alot Marilyn.Ā 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I'm so sorry to hear of your pain and struggles!

I wish I had wisdom for you. Even know I struggle through health issues that I see little hope for ever overcoming...all I can do is rely on the Lord and ask for His peace and understanding. I know that advice might not sit well, and believe me I know it; some days I just don't want to hear that from people. But it's all I can offer.

Praying for you and your wife, God bless you!