• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have been widowed for a while and I am still single still now. Am I cursed to be single all my life or is my sin to much for God to answer my prayers?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Welcome Patrick,

Maybe you can first  introduce yourself in the welcome section so people get to know you?

After 5 posts in the welcome section, you can post topics ..

We're glad you joined Worthy, hope to get to know you soon!

Praise God !

Thanks @Yown is just that I am tired of been single and I do alot of church volunteering works. I share the word of God but I still need someone in my life that I can love and share my life with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @Yowm how do I do that?

• Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/1/2017 at 8:28 AM, patrick12345 said:

I have been widowed for a while and I am still single still now. Am I cursed to be single all my life or is my sin to much for God to answer my prayers?

First off all, I am sorry for your loss.

I truly do not believe I would survive in your shoes. I am utterly dependent on my beloved bride of 37 years.

Glib answers are as you already know "trust God" or "get used to single life" or "make it the best you can" or "don't see it as a curse."

Let me tell you how I met my wife. I simply removed myself from God's way on the subject.

Hand to God, the next day I met my beloved bride.

I was all of 19, concerned my whole life (far back as I can recall) about meeting Miss Right. Made a fool of myself countless times, was used and abused many more times by potential Miss Rights. And at 19 I had had enough. I wasn't even praying. Just said to myself I am going to enjoy my life come what may (if that means alone then I am going to have a blast regardless).

The next day...

My whole life changed and I met the one who is second only to Jesus Christ to me.

God wants to and can give us so much but we interfere in ways we do not realize.

And since this is the realm of choice, God has to stop when we try to take the reigns. 

I only suspect this is the case with you (since it is almost universally true). So I am not

pointing finger, only trying to help with advice that just might work.

Another  thought is maybe you should find a good (female) friend.  Things may progress from there.

But only if you are sincerely looking for just a friend. God / fate knows when we are trying to use reverse psychology.

• Loved it! 1

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 9/1/2017 at 9:28 AM, patrick12345 said:

Why do you consider it a curse? God can use single people too. In the meantime, if you desire to marry, pray about it and stay focused on your walk with God.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 9/1/2017 at 8:54 AM, patrick12345 said:

Thanks @Yown is just that I am tired of been single and I do alot of church volunteering works. I share the word of God but I still need someone in my life that I can love and share my life with.

Well, people usually find wives by getting out and mixing with the opposite sex, date for a while and settle down on someone and work at getting them to want to spend their lives with you.

if you've been widowed that means you've been through it before....   then again I've been married for almost 50 years so what do I know.... 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/1/2017 at 6:28 AM, patrick12345 said:

You are not cursed for being single. Perhaps that is God's plan for you right now. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 9/1/2017 at 9:28 AM, patrick12345 said:

Hi Patrick,  Life can get lonely at times, I know. Instead of seeing yourself as cursed to be single consider you were blessed to be married. I was never blessed enough to be married but I always wanted to be. So you're better off than me. But this is silly. If it's God's plan for you to have another wife she will come along. If she doesn't then just focus on the Lord. The promise of Christianity is for the next life not this one.

Edited by JTC
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Patrick,

How would you think you are cursed to be single for all your life? Remember, God knows the whole story we don't. You don't know if you'll meet someone tomorrow like JohnD shared.  I happen to be married but there have been many many times that I wished I lived a single life. God tells us to be happy in whatever state we are (so I should be taking my own advice here as well).  When I say to Trust God I'm really mean it, because He is the one who supplies our needs and knows what is best for us.