• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1985

This seems to be quite an old thread that has popped back up (originally posted in 2017) but as a single woman who has had some of these same thoughts I wanted to add my 2 cents for those that don't understand.

It can be extremely lonely sometimes (after all we were designed to be social creatures), even when you know God is working on it. Sometimes you think you've found someone only to have God tell you "no" and it can be disheartening. Humans are impatient creatures especially in this day and age of "instant gratification" so when something isn't happening as fast as we'd like or it's taken away from us it can feel like we are "cursed" even though it may be just God working in us so that we can become the person we are supposed to be. Luckily God is patient with us.

God brings people into and out of our lives for a reason. We don't always know the reason  ( which can be frustrating) but there always is one. Sometimes it's easier said than done to just trust the Lord and the path He has set us on but we all know, as God's children,  it's what we must do.

Maybe He has something bigger and better planned for us. Maybe a breakthrough is right around the corner. I have found some of my most amazing relationships came when I least expected them.

I would love to find a husband someday but until then I find that on my harder and lonelier days I can turn to the Bible and/or listen to worship music and I find comfort in them.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, RuthAnn said:

This seems to be quite an old thread that has popped back up (originally posted in 2017) but as a single woman who has had some of these same thoughts I wanted to add my 2 cents for those that don't understand.

It can be extremely lonely sometimes (after all we were designed to be social creatures), even when you know God is working on it. Sometimes you think you've found someone only to have God tell you "no" and it can be disheartening. Humans are impatient creatures especially in this day and age of "instant gratification" so when something isn't happening as fast as we'd like or it's taken away from us it can feel like we are "cursed" even though it may be just God working in us so that we can become the person we are supposed to be. Luckily God is patient with us.

God brings people into and out of our lives for a reason. We don't always know the reason  ( which can be frustrating) but there always is one. Sometimes it's easier said than done to just trust the Lord and the path He has set us on but we all know, as God's children,  it's what we must do.

Maybe He has something bigger and better planned for us. Maybe a breakthrough is right around the corner. I have found some of my most amazing relationships came when I least expected them.

I would love to find a husband someday but until then I find that on my harder and lonelier days I can turn to the Bible and/or listen to worship music and I find comfort in them.

What a wonderful, wonderful post!!!

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Birthday:  02/25/1985

3 minutes ago, Jayne said:

What a wonderful, wonderful post!!!

Awwwww thanks!!! ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

6 minutes ago, RuthAnn said:

Oh wow, you're right RuthAnn this is an older post. I guess that means Patrick solved his issue by now. I know very well that may mean we just learn to accept God's plans for us. In my case I came to realize that whatever God has for me isn't going to come in this life. (again, due to false teachings when I was a newbie, I thought all of us get our heart's desires in this life, not exactly. What God promises us is that when we make Him our heart's desire then we will have that desire, Him. It's so clear but no one ever told me) I'm glad to see more & more people are realizing we will have jobs in heaven. I could never spend eternity floating on a cloud with a violin, I get bored much too easily. I don't know what kind of jobs we will be doing for God but if it's possible, I hope I get to soar through space doing what God needs done.

Btw, I loved your post also.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19

No one is cursed to be single forever. With the love of Jesus, we are complete. 

Analyze your life thoroughly and really take a look at things. That may be what He is trying to show you. 

Having a loving spouse is great, but we won't ever be whole unless we are right with the Lord. 

Repent for all your sins, and pray for His answers. Just trust in the Lord and his will, will be revealed to you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/1/2017 at 2:28 PM, patrick12345 said:

I have been widowed for a while and I am still single still now. Am I cursed to be single all my life or is my sin to much for God to answer my prayers?

Go out on get your partner, prayer is a support system, it is half the job the other half is the actions you take.