IGNORED

Did I just recieve the gift of tongues?

GApeach678

Just now, Wanda01 said:

You're assuming my love is like the world's.

I asked you a question of you definition of love is like the worlds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to have set you off.

You didnt see the question mark Im guessing?

I was only making conversation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/2/2017 at 3:09 AM, Guest said:

Speaking in tongues is a different language that other human beings speak and it was used to preach to those whom spoke a different language. . It is also to be used in the order that scripture dictates and that is with interpreters.  All other tongues is NOT biblical.

Politeness requires me to respond to you.  I just want to state that I expressed my intention to move on from this discussion in one of my earlier posts.  Sorry.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎2‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, GApeach678 said:

About 7 months ago I was laying down and praying in the back of my truck and I had my first experience with tongues in my entire 5 year Christian walk... all of a sudden my tongue started to ''roll'' in my mouth and my jaw started making strange movements... then I just blurted out tongues for about 5-10 seconds and that was it. I had never done it before that or even desired to.

About a week ago I prayed for the gift of tongues but didn't think too much about it. Today, while I was praying out loud regularly, I started talking with a lisp... and for a few minutes I started sticking my tongue out of my mouth, unable to speak clearly, almost spitting everywhere, I had no idea what was going on... then the praying in tongues came out again, this time for over 20 minutes.

Do I have the gift of tongues? Or are these just random occurrences? What was your experience with tongues like? I can't do it on command, it seems to be only spirit led... Is this normal?

YES you have not received the gift of tongues but rather you have received the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

You have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. 

When a person genuinely receives the Holy Spirit the Bible evidence for this is praying in tongues. 

It is your personal prayer language whereby the Holy Spirit and your spirit join together and directly 

communicates to Jesus and your Father. 

It is powerful and wholesome, and will deliver to you many blessings, healings and miracles. 

Pray in the morning - half an hour is a good start. Pray also at other times as you can.

The Holy Spirit is a Spirit of power and will help teach you of Jesus and the gospel. 

Do not confuse the sign given to believers when they receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, as opposed 

to the gift of diversity of tongues - which is a voice gift that operates at a worship meeting (to be 

followed by interpretation). 

You will now also need to be water baptized by full immersion to complement your Holy Spirit 

baptism. You must be born new by water and the Spirit. 

Start reading your NT with fresh eyes and the Spirit will give you understanding. 

Pray to Jesus to lead you to a Pentecostal church that has His blessing and approval. 

Welcome to the body of Christ and the church of God. 

Edited by Waggles

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

44  While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45  And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47  Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Acts 10: 

the gospel goes out to us the gentiles... 

Edited by Waggles

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

There are 3 categories of spiritual gifts

MANIFESTATION gifts found in 1Cor 12:7...

These are gifts from the spirit that occur for a time and a purpose and are for the benefit of someone other than who the Holy Spirit is working through. They are not gifts that we possess like Motivational gifts.

MINISTRY gifts found in Eph. 4;11...

These are gifts from the Lord for the church and are actually positions in ministry

MOTIVATIONAL gifts found in Romans 12:16....

These are the gifts that God decided to put in you before creation. Your view of the world is influenced by this gift(s). They're in your DNA and have a large influence in how you interact.

We find speaking in tongues in Corinthians as a manifestation of the Holy Spirit working through someone, for a purpose, often for but a moment.

1Co 12:7  To each person has been given the ability to manifest the Spirit for the common good.

If this is a gifting then it is to be used for the common good.  It has to ultimately lead others to a closer relationship with God.

If it's not.........

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/2/2017 at 4:27 AM, GApeach678 said:

About 7 months ago I was laying down and praying in the back of my truck and I had my first experience with tongues in my entire 5 year Christian walk... all of a sudden my tongue started to ''roll'' in my mouth and my jaw started making strange movements... then I just blurted out tongues for about 5-10 seconds and that was it. I had never done it before that or even desired to.

About a week ago I prayed for the gift of tongues but didn't think too much about it. Today, while I was praying out loud regularly, I started talking with a lisp... and for a few minutes I started sticking my tongue out of my mouth, unable to speak clearly, almost spitting everywhere, I had no idea what was going on... then the praying in tongues came out again, this time for over 20 minutes.

Do I have the gift of tongues? Or are these just random occurrences? What was your experience with tongues like? I can't do it on command, it seems to be only spirit led... Is this normal?

Hi, Have had similar experience in my own life, but in my own case I was uneasy with it, and asked of God for clarification in that I was uncomfortable not knowing what I might be in prayer  about. I found no  "edification" in it, and therefore was reluctant.

I have ever since tried to find words for what my emotions and heart and soul want to express in prayer and appreciation of my Lord. I just try to work harder at my own prayer, and so I guess the experience was helpful if for no other reason than that. As to your path forward I don't have any suggestion, nor do I see reason for you to have concern.

May God bless as you go through this sanctification pathway each saint travels. And praise God for it all. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 12/23/2017 at 4:41 AM, Waggles said:

YES you have not received the gift of tongues but rather you have received the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

You have been baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Sorry, but I believe this has nothing to do with it. Tongues is a gift, and not every one will speak in tongues.

To say that all who have the indwelling Holy Spirit must speak in tongues is incorrect, it is the same thing as saying that all who have the indwelling Holy Spirit must have all the gifts.

"Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?" - 1 Corinthians 12:29-30

"But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills." - 1 Corinthians 12:11

The evidence of the indwelling Holy Spirit are the fruits, not the gifts.

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
    does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
        does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
            bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

That is why we see so much people doing wonders and miracles, and still they will go to hell, because they do not have love in them.

They never received Him - the giver of the gifts, just His gifts.

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:21-23

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith,
    so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." - 1 Corinthians 13:2

"But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him." - 1 Corinthians 8:3

There is no condemnation to those who have received Him. The giver of the gifts.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,
    who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." - Romans 8:1

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." - Romans 8:14

Glory to God! Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Having witnessed 'speaking in tongues' I will say it's fake.  If there is no one present who could understand the language spoken then it is not from God, but MAY be from someone else.  Read the Bible.  And there are no intercessors between God and man other than the Lord, Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 Corinthians 14 ... read it.

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:27 AM, GApeach678 said:

It sounds like the prayer tongues one receives when they receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.  That is different from the gift of tongues, where you speak a message in tongues for the edification of the church, and require an interpreter.  You said you prayed for the gift of tongues.  Was there any interpretation given?  If not, I believe it was the Spirit praying through you to God.