GApeach678

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't say he said you have to practice it.

and I am not going to argue.

bye

Guest Wanda01

Reading through this thread, all I know is that I am so grateful to the Lord my God, that I am not a babe in Christ Jesus, or looking to some forum to enrich my understanding of His word. As this thread has demonstrated, the Body of Christ, for all the things that should unite us, there are just as many that divide. :(

6 minutes ago, Wanda01 said:

Reading through this thread, all I know is that I am so grateful to the Lord my God, that I am not a babe in Christ Jesus, or looking to some forum to enrich my understanding of His word. As this thread has demonstrated, the Body of Christ, for all the things that should unite us, there are just as many that divide. :(

Truth divides.  It is reality .

Matthew 10:34 34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

1 hour ago, CSLJ said:

I didn't say he said you have to practice it.

and I am not going to argue.

bye

Understanding and applying  scripture correctly is not arguing . Can you defend your beliefs with scripture? You will learn quite quickly here that you will be expected to defend what you say with scripture. If you cant;dont call it arguing

2Timothy3: 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

Guest Wanda01
1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Truth divides.  It is reality .

Matthew 10:34 34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Absolutely. The Truth is the Truth. Always has been, always will be. 

Some more Truth:

John 13:34-35 (KJV) "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

All of 1 Corinthians 13 is also a good one.

1 Timothy 5:1-2 speaks of how we should treat others with respect, ""Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity."

And of course, let us remember our testimony, that it remains pure, non-accusatory, and does not being shame, James 5:12 and Titus 2:7-8.

1 hour ago, Wanda01 said:

Some more Truth:

John 13:34-35 (KJV) "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

All of 1 Corinthians 13 is also a good one.

1 Timothy 5:1-2 speaks of how we should treat others with respect, ""Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity."

And of course, let us remember our testimony, that it remains pure, non-accusatory, and does not being shame, James 5:12 and Titus 2:7-8.

Your perception of love is like the worlds?

This is how I see it. Sticking to the biblical truth is love.

Many hate it and consider it unloving. So be it.

Here is one for you:

Judge righteously.

Not by one or two events but over a time span.

Perhaps you believe  speaking in tongues is biblical?

On 9/10/2017 at 10:26 PM, Couppy said:

I would not suggest that your gift is not from God because you are not flowing fluently with the gift of tongues.  It has happened to many people who are prayed for that they do not speak in tongues immediately because of several reasons, one is the fact that they are too tensed to relax and allow the Spirit of God to take over.  So, when they are not thinking too much and are in a relaxed position they find they start to speak in tongues effortlessly.  

I think you were too conscious of what you were going to say and became tense in the process.  Therefore you stammer and clamp up.  With time and experience you will become more relaxed.  This could happen with any gift from God.  Even with prophecy, gifts of healing, faith, and word of knowledge.  There may be hesitation at the beginning, then confidence kicks in with experience.

I hope this helps.

Couppy

Speaking in tongues is a different language that other human beings speak and it was used to preach to those whom spoke a different language. . It is also to be used in the order that scripture dictates and that is with interpreters.  All other tongues is NOT biblical.

Guest Wanda01
19 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Your perception of love is like the worlds?

This is how I see it. Sticking to the biblical truth is love.

Many hate it and consider it unloving. So be it.

Here is one for you:

Judge righteously.

Not by one or two events but over a time span.

Perhaps you believe  speaking in tongues is biblical?

Woah....settle down. Nowhere did I say my perception is like the world's, and I am curious how you came to make that assumption. Hmm. How are the Scriptures I quoted in my previous reply, anything like the world's? 

I'm amazed by you. I don't doubt that you love the Lord and spend a great deal of time in study of His word. I think that is wonderful.

But as you are doing here, you have a tendency to be very quick in jumping to assumptions.

Also, nowhere in my initial reply, did I quote you, address you, or name you. My statement was an observation ONLY. Yet, you seem compelled to get in a back and forth with me. 

Conviction, maybe? I don't know. Perhaps you might spend time in prayer, seeking why.

Also, nowhere did I say whether or not I believe speaking in tongues is Scriptural or not. I am not here in this thread or on this forum, to win your approval. 

My beliefs are quite simple. I am not proselytize anything, and if I were, I would certainly not choose a method that tarnishes my testimony.

Just now, Wanda01 said:

Woah....settle down. Nowhere did I say my perception is like the world's, and I am curious how you came to make that assumption.

Settle down? Why? I asked a question. A question is inquiring. I didnt assume anything. I asked a question.Maybe you should settle down. I only asked a question!

1 minute ago, Wanda01 said:

But as you are doing here, you have a tendency to be very quick in jumping to assumptions.

I didnt assume anything. I asked a question. I dont appreciate the accusation from you. I dont assume anything. I ask questions. There is a huge difference

3 minutes ago, Wanda01 said:

Also, nowhere in my initial reply, did I quote you, address you, or name you. My statement was an observation ONLY. Yet, you seem compelled to get in a back and forth with me. 

I just responded. It was no more and no less. Should I not respond to you? I dont see what you are upset about. Would you be upset if someone else responded to you or is it just me? 

4 minutes ago, Wanda01 said:

Conviction, maybe? I don't know. Perhaps you might spend time in prayer, seeking why.

No. You pointed out the division on the thread.

I responded that there is always going to be division when it pertains to biblical truths.

6 minutes ago, Wanda01 said:

My beliefs are quite simple. I am not proselytize anything, and if I were, I would certainly not choose a method that tarnishes my testimony.

What are you trying to say?  Are you passing judgement again? Seems to me you are kinda touchy. If I knew that responding to a post on a thread was going to set you off;I would have certainly restrained myself. LOL

Guest Wanda01
Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

Settle down? Why? I asked a question. A question is inquiring. I didnt assume anything. I asked a question.Maybe you should settle down. I only asked a question!

I didnt assume anything. I asked a question. I dont appreciate the accusation from you. I dont assume anything. I ask questions. There is a huge difference

I just responded. It was no more and no less. Should I not respond to you? I dont see what you are upset about. Would you be upset if someone else responded to you or is it just me? 

No. You pointed out the division on the thread.

I responded that there is always going to be division when it pertains to biblical truths.

What are you trying to say?  Are you passing judgement again? Seems to me you are kinda touchy. If I knew that responding to a post on a thread was going to set you off;I would have certainly restrained myself. LOL

You're assuming my love is like the world's. I'm not going to go over your reply, point by point. Nor am I touchy or upset at all. Disappointed by the division I see, the pointing fingers, the assumptions, lack of Scriptural love. And absolutely nowhere did I pass judgment. You are now guilty of the one thing you are wrongly accusing me of. I made an observation in my original reply, as I am free to do. You don't have to like it or agree with it.

I am done with you.