Giller

The beast of Rev chapter 13

Giller    635

This is kind of a different thread.

My purpose is yes in some fashion to discus this beast via Revelations 13:1-2.

But the thing I am seeking the most, in this thread, is if people can make pictures of this beast, that we can all use.

Here is the scripture.

Rev 13:1-2
(1)  And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
(2)  And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

See the things I have bolded and underlined, I want to see many pictures, of different people, to get a reasonable picture of this beast.

We can all talk about what the leopard, bear etc, represents, but I would love to see what kind of pictures of this beast people can come up with.

missmuffet    28,108

index.jpg

Giller    635

Any original ones, that someone made ?

And I know that it specifically says this, concerning this beast, that he as the "mouth of a lion" in a singular form, which shows one mouth as a lion, but most of the beast seems to be a leopard, and then of course there is the feet of a bear.

Which I eventually want to get into a discussion about the representations.

other one    24,677
33 minutes ago, Giller said:

Any original ones, that someone made ?

And I know that it specifically says this, concerning this beast, that he as the "mouth of a lion" in a singular form, which shows one mouth as a lion, but most of the beast seems to be a leopard, and then of course there is the feet of a bear.

Which I eventually want to get into a discussion about the representations.

you should do that as quickly as you can for the pictures really are meaningless.

George    4,606

Perhaps you should look at the Symbols of the Beast and realize how it aligns with Daniel 7.

Dan 7:4  The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 
Dan 7:5  And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. 
Dan 7:6  After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. 
Dan 7:7  After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 
Dan 7:8  I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. 
The Ancient of Days Reigns
Dan 7:9  I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 
Dan 7:10  A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. 
Dan 7:11  I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. 
Dan 7:12  As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. 
The Son of Man Is Given Dominion
Dan 7:13  I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 
Dan 7:14  And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. 

Giller    635
2 hours ago, George said:

Perhaps you should look at the Symbols of the Beast and realize how it aligns with Daniel 7.

Dan 7:4  The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 
Dan 7:5  And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. 
Dan 7:6  After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. 
Dan 7:7  After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 
Dan 7:8  I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. 
The Ancient of Days Reigns
Dan 7:9  I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 
Dan 7:10  A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. 
Dan 7:11  I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. 
Dan 7:12  As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. 
The Son of Man Is Given Dominion
Dan 7:13  I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 
Dan 7:14  And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. 

Oh I am aware of this, just wanted to see a picture as well that is as most accurate possible, which I do not find meaningless.

I will get into this, about the bear (medo-Persia, modern day Iran), leopard (something to do with Greece) and lion (Babylon), in a bit.

Edited by Giller

Giller    635

I am not a graphics designer, but I do appreciate that people did send a picture and a link to pictures.

I am curious to see if there is graphic designers here, and can make such an image with as much accuracy as possible.

I am a visual person, but of course I do  not need images to get the meaning of these things, but I believe that in some fashion, it can give some what of a better understanding at times.

Giller    635

Anyhow maybe we can move on, in this subject and comment on this beast.

Rev 13:1-2
(1)  And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
(2)  And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Now I personally believe that there are 3 aspects to the 7 heads.

7 heads that the beast has, 7 mountains on which the woman sitteth, and 7 kings that the beast is of.

There are so many wild interpretations to this, and yes to some degree we need to know history, but most of the time, people do not look to the bible to find the answer.

Here is a scripture I want to focus on:

Rev 17:10-11
(10)  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
(11)  And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Can we figure out by just simply going by the bible, who these 7 kings are (with a certain amount of history of course)?

I believe you can, and you do not have to go outside the bible at all, except in knowing a bit of history etc.

Daniel 11:36    301

There are 7 king positions of the 7 kingdoms presented in the vision

Five have fallen: the kingdoms of the ancient land of Magog, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Alexander's kingdom in the Middle East [Antiochus IV was the last king of this kingdom]

Two of the seven are still to come .... the 6th and the greater 7th .... in the Middle East .... one at the beginning, and the next expanded at the middle of the coming tribulation

The little horn of Daniel's visions will rule over both the 6th and 7th kingdoms

And he will be incarnated by the beast [Abaddon/Apollyon] who will become the 8th king of the set

Edited by Daniel 11:36