Chris457

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have been googling and googling but I still can't find the answer. How does god discipline? Does he give us pain? Does he give us embarrassment or sickness? Does he make others abuse or assault us? I want to know the exact ways god disciplines us and how far he usually goes. Please answer my question. Thank you so much in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 hours ago, Chris457 said:

I have been googling and googling but I still can't find the answer. How does god discipline? Does he give us pain? Does he give us embarrassment or sickness? Does he make others abuse or assault us? I want to know the exact ways god disciplines us and how far he usually goes. Please answer my question. Thank you so much in advance.

God's  " discipline " for his children is always geared toward correction & growth  , via the conviction of sin .

I think one of the best examples of this is the risen Jesus asking  Peter , " lovest thou me ? "  not once , not twice , but three times , with Peter's memory still freshly seared by his 

sin of denying the Lord .

Was Peter experiencing " pain " ? 

I'm sure his pain was excruciating and heartbreaking for him at the same time .

You can literally hear Peter's agony and heartbreak increasing  with each instance of the Lord  tenderly repeating  the question .

And yet this " disciplining " of Peter directly led to one of the  greatest sermons of the Christian faith ever being given by Peter at Pentecost . 

His discipline will always involve us having a renewed revelation of Himself .

What joy of forgiveness and what power of love awaits the child yet to be " disciplined " .

" Beloved , now are we the sons of God ."    -  1 John 3 : 2 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Any number of ways. The truth is that He can and will use any situation in our lives to draw our attention back to Him as we stray. As others have said, discipline, as with any parent to child, is not about pain or revenge, but only correction of ways that the parent knows are destructive for the child. It is discipline out of love and desiring the best and fullest life for the child.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Chris457 said:

The word discipline is found only once in the KJV.Bible and that is in Job. It is called chastening in some other versions, Hebrews 12:11.

Job 36:10,  V, 10, He openeth also their ear to discipline,  and commandeth that they return from iniquity.

Followed by;

v. 11, If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
    12, But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
    13, But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.
    14, They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean.

• Thumbs Up 2

• George changed the title to How exactly does God discipline us?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 9/2/2017 at 4:28 PM, Chris457 said:

I have been googling and googling but I still can't find the answer.

The answer was given way before google.

Truth.

How else is discipline shown? Who follows and passes?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

God doesn't discipline us from anger and He doesn't lose His temper like we see on earth. God's discipline comes from His love for us. He loves us too much to remain in sin. Even though it is sometimes painful. God allows us to experience trials, temptation and tribulation so our faith will be tested and we will grow in maturity as Christians. His purpose is sanctification.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 9/2/2017 at 4:28 PM, Chris457 said:

I want to know the exact ways god

Its all there. Men are called to this exact question. Families depend on it.. sadly men still seek a false answer.