• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1993

We come to God with our specific requests, and we have God's promise that our prayers are not in vain, even if we do not receive specifically what we asked for (Matthew 6:6; Romans 8:26-27). He has promised that when we ask for things that are in accordance with His will, He will give us what we ask for (1 John 5:14-15). Sometimes He delays His answers according to His wisdom and for our benefit. In these situations, we are to be diligent and persistent in prayer (Matthew 7:7; Luke 18:1-8). Prayer should not be seen as our means of getting God to do our will on earth, but rather as a means of getting God's will done on earth. God’s wisdom far exceeds our own.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 9/3/2017 at 10:52 AM, Benevolent said:

We come to God with our specific requests, and we have God's promise that our prayers are not in vain, even if we do not receive specifically what we asked for (Matthew 6:6; Romans 8:26-27). He has promised that when we ask for things that are in accordance with His will, He will give us what we ask for (1 John 5:14-15). Sometimes He delays His answers according to His wisdom and for our benefit. In these situations, we are to be diligent and persistent in prayer (Matthew 7:7; Luke 18:1-8). Prayer should not be seen as our means of getting God to do our will on earth, but rather as a means of getting God's will done on earth. God’s wisdom far exceeds our own.

Over the years, my understanding of prayer has changed several times.  Now, I wonder what really is Christian prayer?  It is definitely more than making constant requests to God.  I have read books, articles, and listened to sermons but all I hear is talk about different kinds of prayer.  

As our relationship with God develops our prayer life changes.  Our closeness to God changes the way we relate to God.  Abraham was in a discussion with God about the residents of Sodom in Genesis 18: 16-33.  I can't imagine him kneeling down with his head in his hands at that time.  He probably was talking to God as a friend, very relaxed.  

There is always an opportunity to develop our prayer life, regardless of what level we are at, but we would never find out what the next level is unless we take our relationship with God to the next level. We can also learn a lot from listening to other people's prayers.

Couppy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;  Eph 6:18  praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Prayer is indeed part of spiritual warfare, as is praise.  

• 2 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
Ephesians 3:20 ESV

We have the Holy Spirit in us therefore if we wimper a prayer whilst suffering, he can do beyond what we imagine with it.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

I know you are not saying Christians should fight in the flesh but I know when you get persecuted, the minions will try and make you fight in the flesh to hurt you as much as they can.

Our warfare is spiritual and we makes prayers of love and forgiveness so that the minions may be saved and get to heaven like us.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/16/1961

On 12/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, Jonathan BeWell said:

This idea and tactic of quoting scripture during prayer is new and appreciated to me.  The only offense weapon of the full armour of God is His Word, the sword.  Charge!  

Isaiah 54:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

This is soooo gooood!!! CHARGE INDEED.....Glory To God.....O'my soul shouts, God Is An ARMY ALL BY HIMSELF!! got me shoutin...

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Thanks for this :) but I disagree with " Sometimes He delays His answers according to His wisdom and for our benefit. " I could have missed it but I can't find this in the word. " The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.". "And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him." His will is His word. We must always remember that " But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."

Some do word it different though. Well like when Daniel prayed and God answered right away yet Gab had to call on Michael to come help which took 21 days. Some would call that a "delay". Or peoples will how we know God will never go against others will. Some again would call that a delay and say GOD is delaying. I disagree.

Many reasons why a pray is not seen right away. Ever since He found me He never once has said this to me. So I pray.. always repent making sure there is nothing between me and Him. And making sure its His will, goes inline with His word. I know He hears.. I know He answers every time. I am not moved by what I see nor hear nor feel. The hardest part lol.. FEELINGS! Up down all over the place.  Praise you Father for always hearing.. always answering.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/3/2017 at 10:52 AM, Benevolent said:

God’s wisdom far exceeds our own.

People take this for granted, but when research is done it is an massive understatement.