Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

I'm not sure it's profitable to split hairs since the gospel is a package deal and obedience to all of it needs to be preached and taught, including baptism and Lord's supper, both of which profit for our walk on earth.  When we come to faith in Christ we become a new creature, a spiritual creature walking in a spiritual kingdom so there are things we do that the world knows nothing of.......for example we eat at an altar that priests of the old covenant have no right to eat.  Baptism is a prophetic act of dying, being buried and resurrected, because the principle is first the natural then the spiritual.......communion is eating and drinking the sacrifice of the Lamb of God prophetically too, and the Israelites ate of the sacrifices in order for the sacrifice to be applied to them.  There is power in obeying both baptism and communion, they are something more than just symbolic.  I'm away from home right now, but Lord willing will post some scriptures pertaining to this in a day or two.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Again you must work unto the end. (1Peter 1:15-17) (v.15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all Manner of conversation; (v.16) Because it is written, BE YE HOLY; FOR I AM HOLY. (V.17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: It says you had better be holy, because God is holy. And it also says that ye call on the Father, but you had better remember that he is going to without respect of person judge every man according to his work. So you better pass your time here on earth in fear.

Let's go to (Rev. 20:12-13) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Who are you allowing to teach you that you need not work to serve the Lord of this bible? (v.13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and dead and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. Don’t allow anyone to deceive you! You will be judged according to your works.

Let's turn over to (Rev. 22:11-14) (v.11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still: In other words be whatever you choose to be. (v.12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. How many times must we read, that you will be judged according to your works? (v.13) I am Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end, the first and the last. (v.14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

You see by your faith and effort God will work for you. But you must show God your faith by your fruits, by your efforts, by your works! So if you expect to enter into God’s kingdom, you better get to work. I believe therefore I speak. Remember always, that there is peace in Jesus. May the Lord God give understanding to those who are truly seeking the truth, In Jesus name A-men.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, Heleadethme said:

I'm not sure it's profitable to split hairs since the gospel is a package deal and obedience to all of it needs to be preached and taught, including baptism and Lord's supper, both of which profit for our walk on earth.  When we come to faith in Christ we become a new creature, a spiritual creature walking in a spiritual kingdom so there are things we do that the world knows nothing of.......for example we eat at an altar that priests of the old covenant have no right to eat.  Baptism is a prophetic act of dying, being buried and resurrected, because the principle is first the natural then the spiritual.......communion is eating and drinking the sacrifice of the Lamb of God prophetically too, and the Israelites ate of the sacrifices in order for the sacrifice to be applied to them.  There is power in obeying both baptism and communion, they are something more than just symbolic.  I'm away from home right now, but Lord willing will post some scriptures pertaining to this in a day or two.

Dear sister you leap for joy and praise the Lord.

For by grace I often say we must be obedient unto the SPIRIT , keep JESUS sayings,  do all He commanded us to do by the HOLY SPIRIT HE has given us

and for that many say........YOU a WORKS man.    Truth is I am, its the continuation of the ONE WORK , to truly BELEIVE in the one WHOM GOD DID SEND

and to CONTINUE IN HIM , OBEY HIM , LOVE HIS SAYINGS.  the one work required for salvation.  Believe in the ONE whom GOD DID SEND.

For this I often am accused of preaching works and not grace.   BUT IT IS Grace alone that I do preach.  Grace TEACHES US TO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY

and we must be constantly stirred up by way of remembrance and provoking one another to good works and warning those who are in error and keep NOT the sayings of our LORD.