• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

Like I said: Why quote David when we have words SPOKEN BY  Christ?? 

If you dont get my meaning I cant help you

No need to be offended, I fully understand what you are saying. However, there was a specific reason I used that Psalm 119 quote. The word commandments in that quote is a direct reference to God's laws. I wanted to differentiate between what many believe; that they only need to obey those commandments spoken specifically by Jesus, eg the sermon on the mount. Thus negating the commandments He gave Moses on Sinai.

2 minutes ago, brakelite said:

5he only real foundation for faith and practice is the word of God.

You dont need to caution me about anything.

I never said otherwise. 

Faith come by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

The word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

3 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Says who? You?  If you are going to make blanket statements you need to back it with proof. Since you cannot provide proof it is better to remain silent rather than slander or backbite

Wow, we are offended. Why the angst?

1 minute ago, brakelite said:

No need to be offended, I fully understand what you are saying. However, there was a specific reason I used that Psalm 119 quote. The word commandments in that quote is a direct reference to God's laws. I wanted to differentiate between what many believe; that they only need to obey those commandments spoken specifically by Jesus, eg the sermon on the mount. Thus negating the commandments He gave Moses on Sinai.

I am not offended. I disagree with you but dont assume I am offended. You dont have the power to offend me.  I merely pointed out the obvious. You either get it or you dont!! 

4 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Wow, we are offended. Why the angst?

This is twice you have accused me of being offended! I advise you to stop bearing false witness against me because I am not offended. 

You made a statement that was based on supposition. That is flawed reasoning. I already stated that. Back up your statements with scripture or research data if you want to be taken seriously.

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, brakelite said:

This is true. But ask them what sin is and they more often than not describe everything except the things they themselves are doing wrong.

Okay. Most on this board would agree with you that to sin is unacceptable. And I would also agree. Most on this board would also agree that God's commandments, or Jesus' commandments if you wish, ought to be obeyed. Not to obey God is sin. With me so far? I don't believe there would be many who would not agree in principle to the above. Yes?

So, while all would agree, if one was to challenge them explicitly regarding God's commandments, why do do so many cavil at the 4th?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, brakelite said:

I agree with you here...not many understand that it is only by grace we have the power to do anything...but that power is sufficient to enable us to obey God in all things. Including righteousness. However, we should let God decide what righteousness is. It is not up to us to decide what the standards of living are...what the prerequisites are to eternal life...what the conditions are to salvation. (And for anyone thinking that there are no conditions to receiving salvation, they are not reading their Bibles.)

Psalm 119:172  My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

You are confusion the reader, for referring to David.

David it was Disobedient to the specific  commant not to count the people, and he did. 

This specific command was given only to David. 

He also dosobey the ten commandments. 

JESUS CHRIST is the Eternal Life. 

He said anyone who believes in me has the Eternal Life. 

Why do you want to earn the Eternal Life, something that you have, because you are a Believer in him. 

Are you afraid of sin? 

Do you think Sin can give you Spiritual Death?

Are you afraid when you die, that if you have sin at time of death that you will go to Hell? 

Do you think you can be saved from Hell,  by having your own righteousness, no need of Jesus Christ the High Priest righteousness. 

Why do you want to earn the Eternal Life, when the Eternal Life is not something to be earn, the Eternal Life is JESUS CHRIST, how can you earn it ? Do you thing that Jesus Christ gives the Eternal Life to those who died in their own righteousness? 

JESUS CHRIST gives the Eternal Life to siners when they believe. 

Not when they prove them selves worthy, as a reward . 

6 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You are confusion the reader, for referring to David.

David it was Disobedient to the specific  commant not to count the people, and he did. 

This specific command was given only to David. 

He also dosobey the ten commandments. 

JESUS CHRIST is the Eternal Life. 

He said anyone who believes in me has the Eternal Life. 

Why do you want to earn the Eternal Life, something that you have, because you are a Believer in him. 

Are you afraid of sin? 

Do you think Sin can give you Spiritual Death?

Are you afraid when you die, that if you have sin at time of death that you will go to Hell? 

Do you think you can be saved from Hell,  by having your own righteousness, no need of Jesus Christ the High Priest righteousness. 

Why do you want to earn the Eternal Life, when the Eternal Life is not something to be earn, the Eternal Life is JESUS CHRIST, how can you earn it ? Do you thing that Jesus Christ gives the Eternal Life to those who died in their own righteousness? 

JESUS CHRIST gives the Eternal Life to siners when they believe. 

Not when they prove them selves worthy, as a reward . 

No where in my post did I even remotely suggest anyone can earn eternal life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, brakelite said:

No where in my post did I even remotely suggest anyone can earn eternal life.

Our we talking about the same thing, when we talk about Salvation? 

Because to be saved from Hell is to believe in Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ shed his blood for mankind only, and not for the Devilkind, that's why a man is going to Heaven when he believes, but not the Devil. 

But if someone wants to be saved from his sinful habits there are many ways to do it, he can do it on his own, by many and different ways, or he can ask the help of the Holy Spirit, and sometimes he is deliver soon enough, and some times he has to put up his own fight, against his own desires. 

But not to contemn someone to Hell, a Believer because of the way they lived. 

Just to make them live a Holy life, if not they will go to Hell, or judging them as unbelievers. 

With Sin or without sin we still go to Haven, because Jesus Christ made it that way. 

For a Believer to live in peace and without the fear of Hell . 

For my self self I have decided to live a repented life, because that's what I want, because JESUS CHRIST wants his Believers who understand that, to grow and live in repentance. 

I did not say that I have lived in repentance all the time, and when I understood that, I did not say that I was living in repentance, but after many years of growth, it becomes a way of life to live in repentance, and been carefull, not judging others to make them live in repentance, that's what I learned, to say everyone in his time is judging them, because if this time does not come for many, still are saved and not lost.

In spite of their works, they are Saved because of Jesus Christ. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Reinitin said:

But, don't you think that a conviction to do the will of God is a good thing? why is the Lords grace good enough to have patience with unbelief, suicidal people, the sexually immoral, people dabbeling in new age occultism, gossips, tale barers, false witnesses, idolotry, divination, sorcery and people know the Lord is with them cause they confess Christ as savior. He will finish the work he starts in them. But when the Lord puts "be holy as I am Holy" in someones heart and they start finding all the things they can do for the Lord as service out of faithfullness and commitment to please the Lord now their legalism and fallen from grace. Maybe some times the path of legalism is a path the Lord takes people down to do his perfect work in them. I dont see many people called out for sins but let someone start posting What God asks of us and 50 people are ready to judge and condemn.

Theirin is the problem .   So many people when they see any form of we are to be living Holy, they see this as legalism.   Which it is not.

How often did pual say Walk WORTHY of Him.   And its so true that often when anyone brings up anything about obedience , most see it as legalism.

But one thing remains constant from the earliest pages to the last.    God warns when one is DOING the wrong thing , and if one is NOT DOING what they ought to be doing.

God desires Obediance.  Thankfully He gives us the SPIRIT which gives us the unction to obey GOD .   that is why we receive the Spirit.  So we obey GOD , NOT the flesh.

Yowm understands this.  Very often GODS grace has been turned into exactly what you said above .  PATIENCE with unbelief, OH he knows their heart, don't judge them

He will work on them.  as though sin is not a big deal and worse many sins are not even seen as sin anymore.

IF GOD is so patient with sin as are most men and women today.  WILL anyone tell me why He listed the good things the churches did

YET even with all the good they were doing.............HE was quick to point out the SIN and SAY REPENT OR ELSE.   

Does this even sound remotely close to the GOD preached in churches and internets today.    The first church was clothed with doing good

But had left its first love............REPENT or your candle is put out.  proverbs.......the candle OF THE WICKED shall be put out

And look at how GOD told one , no two of the churches......how very well they were doing.  and one of them he said YOU ALLOW,   YES YOU ALLOW

that false prophetess.  YET HOW MANY TODAY ALLOW false prophets reign all over churches.    Scary HUH.   Yet when I go after them false men of belial

to shut them down.   I am seen as a hater in the eyes of many.   Cause I wont ALLOW their sorry false doctrine .    IS anyone else here starting to see

just how bad a place this generation is in.   Its been lulled to sleep under the banner of a false love that teaches to correct is judging or etc.

Check this out...........he gives one church recognition for this..........YE HATE THE DEEDS of the nicolations which I also hate.

YET I am a hater , because I HATE THE EVIL DEEDS of wicked men gone wrong.    Are we at least maybe beginning to see, maybe I AINT FALSE NOR A HATER

just maybe its the SPIRIT within me that hates the evil and DESIRES none to perish.    GRAVE.   what on earth ever happened to those men and women.

• Thumbs Up 2