• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

THIS IS A LIE.    thank you yowm , now I see what you mean.  THEY DO THIS all the time. THEY try and make GOD Look merciful BY SAVING ANYONE and ANYTHING no matter

what they did .  I get it now yowm.  ITS FALSE as all dung.   THANK you for explaining this.  What you SAID about this is SO TRUE. its what many DO.

stay tuned for next year when not only can one die in the middle of raping a prostitute and still be saved because they had said JESUS name and done some good works

BUT NOW its you don't even have to say JESUS , you can say allah or whatever.......but as long as you were kind and nice ITS HEAVEN.

THAT is where this type stuff is leading too.   

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

I will respond to the Sabbath part of the OP by posting my response to an email from my brother who asked a few weeks ago a number of theological questions including that one.

2) Why do we not keep the Sabbath day holy?

There’s actually several issues involved in this question that I will break it down into a number of different answers based on various points.

1A) Because this was not a formal requirement given to the Gentiles that received the Gospel in the “Jerusalem Counsel” recorded in the book of Acts 15:

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Commentary: if you notice the Gentiles were going “to church” so to speak where they heard such things preached “on the Sabbath”, but this is not laid out as a formal requirement made by the Jerusalem counsel in the book of Acts (which was presumably speaking by the Holy Spirit).

1B) If the previous point is insufficient, I would also add other verses of saint Paul where he speaks of the necessity of keeping Jewish Holy Days such as: Colossians 2:16, Galatians 4:9-10.

1C) Besides all that there is the “Judaizer” conflict that is all over the New Testament and early Christian history.   All the verses where Paul is speaking against people “using works” are essentially referencing people who rejected the Jerusalem Counsel of the books of Acts and were requiring believers to be circumcised, go Kosher, etc. including all the Sabbath keeping stuff.

2) My second answer is that Christians DO KEEP THE SABBATH IF THEY FOLLOW THE LITURGICAL TRADITION OF EARLY CHRISTIANITY.    This is the exact reason we have a “weekend”, instead of just having the Jewish Sabbath off, we get the Jewish Sabbath and “The Lord’s Day” (The Day that Christ rose from the dead) off.    So, this is actually better than just having one day off, we as Christians get 2 days off.    The problem however is that people have taken these days purely for themselves thus they don’t get the spiritual benefit from them.    

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

stay tuned for next year when not only can one die in the middle of raping a prostitute and still be saved because they had said JESUS name and done some good works

BUT NOW its you don't even have to say JESUS , you can say allah or whatever.......but as long as you were kind and nice ITS HEAVEN.

THAT is where this type stuff is leading too.   

a near and dear sister perceived perhaps the spirit of new age.   Looks like it was confirmed.   I am so aggravated yet again.

WHY cant we jus LOVE JESUS < HIS SAYINGS . 

I come to bid this topic good bye .    It ended sad for me.   But to keep on with it just hurts too much when you see what is happening .

So for now I leave .    I am so sorry people just cant LOVE GOD AS HE IS and have to change him into something he is not , to not make him seem as a monster.

I LOVE GOD the way HE IS............in the old test , the new and revelations .  The only reason anyone ends up in hell.  IS TRULY THIER OWN FAULT

IF a man dies in his sin. HE KNEW NOT JESUS  OR IF HE DID, he quit following him.   We have to remain under TRUE GRACE.   IF a man continues not in CHRIST

he is cast out.    That is truth.    YET LOOK at how merciful  GOD was to this wicked beast.   yet I KNOW that I must remain in HIM and HE IN ME

or I be cast out.    I am so sorry .     But anyway I love you all , but I cannot stay on this subject any longer.   I will go truthfully cry for reinitin.     I feel so heavy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

paul suffered BUT NOT IN SIN.   what does this have to do with SIN.  This is not making sense.      We all SUFFER , but we SUFFER FOR THE KINGDOM

not in our sins we are not supposed to nor would the LORD lead us like that.   

True but the Lord didn't give up on Peter. He chopped of Malchus (I think that was the priests servant name) Ear. Jesus told peter "Those who live by the sword will die by the sword and repaired the damage Peter did to Malchus and let Satan Sift him so he could understand He needs to love. No one can stop our lives in time while we still have breath and judge. We just see the whole story of Peter and Pauls Life. What if we saw Paul hold the coats of those stoning Stephan and that is all we saw? I have no idea if the whiskey bottles were a year old or a day old or a month old. I just trust The Lord can save those who love him. Bible says Judge nothing before it's time when the Lord appears we will see everything so we can judge rightly. Yes we need to turn sinners on the Path of destruction, Yes we need to correct, edify, sabctify, encourage each other with tge word, command men and ourselfs to do what Jesus said to do. Dont be ashamed of the Gospel. But we also need to realize at the end if the say. It is our Lord that saves.

Just now, Reinitin said:

True but the Lord didn't give up on Peter. He chopped of Malchus (I think that was the priests servant name) Ear. Jesus told peter "Those who live by the sword will die by the sword and repaired the damage Peter did to Malchus and let Satan Sift him so he could understand He needs to love. No one can stop our lives in time while we still have breath and judge. We just see the whole story of Peter and Pauls Life. What if we saw Paul hold the coats of those stoning Stephan and that is all we saw? I have no idea if the whiskey bottles were a year old or a day old or a month old. I just trust The Lord can save those who love him. Bible says Judge nothing before it's time when the Lord appears we will see everything so we can judge rightly. Yes we need to turn sinners on the Path of destruction, Yes we need to correct, edify, sabctify, encourage each other with tge word, command men and ourselfs to do what Jesus said to do. Dont be ashamed of the Gospel. But we also need to realize at the end if the say. It is our Lord that saves.

YES the LORD warned peter not too.  And in time peter would never be like that again.  HE DID NOT DIE IN SIN , he had long repented.

IF I go out and rob a bank and get shot and die , I AM IN HELL.  I died in my sin .   The old man should have be crucified.   

BY what you say about this man.  YOU would not be able to say that even myself , if I were to go out tonight , find a prostitute , die in the middle of sex

YOU by what you said about this man. would have to say I AM IN HEAVEN TOO.  WHAT KIND OF A GOSPLE IS THIS.

the false one.   it allows people to feel saved without BEING saved.   Reinitin.     I cant do this anymore.  its too painful for me .

Two days ago I was rejoicing in some truths you had said, I was so happy and excited , and NOW you saying this stuff.   I am just in tears for you sister.

truly I am in real tears.   I cant do it .    Good bye. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Reinitin said:

I had a dear brother I love and prayed for 8 years named Mike on Christian Chat His name was abiding. I never met Him. I had all these same arguments with him I have with you. He confessed salvation and The Lord was very grounded in OSAS scripture refused the baptism because of some who false teach it is a requirement. He helped a lot of people, was good and kind. I know I will see him when I See the Lord. His astranged wife called because he had my number in His phone as My Sister. They found Him several days after he died sitting at his computer with empty whiskey bottles all around Him. So I Say to You have courage and live for The Lord. Encourage people to Live and have faith to obey the power to Walk in His Spirit Is taking His Command into your heart and stepping out of the boat onto the water and dont be afraid if you sink is hand is there to grab you.

I dont drink.  I told you I dont care to hear you stories. Lets examine your life. Shall we? You seem to be really good at assuming others are sinning and examining their lives. How you doing with lust and sex before marriage with your fiance? Care to share? How does it feel to be put under a magnifying glass? You think you are less sinful than I am? Ill go against ya any day of the week sista!!

You DEFLECT beautifully but then those who are following  false teachings have a hard time answering questions when asked. Especially when you have had at least 50 or more scriptures  posted for YOUR BENEFIT to prove you do not trust in Christ atonement if you think you need to be dunked in water to be saved.

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YES the LORD warned peter not too.  And in time peter would never be like that again.  HE DID NOT DIE IN SIN , he had long repented.

IF I go out and rob a bank and get shot and die , I AM IN HELL.  I died in my sin .   The old man should have be crucified.   

BY what you say about this man.  YOU would not be able to say that even myself , if I were to go out tonight , find a prostitute , die in the middle of sex

YOU by what you said about this man. would have to say I AM IN HEAVEN TOO.  WHAT KIND OF A GOSPLE IS THIS.

the false one.   it allows people to feel saved without BEING saved.   Reinitin.     I cant do this anymore.  its too painful for me .

Two days ago I was rejoicing in some truths you had said, I was so happy and excited , and NOW you saying this stuff.   I am just in tears for you sister.

truly I am in real tears.   I cant do it .    Good bye. 

Amen. It took me a while cause I swung in the pendulam kind of confused. Back and forth about a decade back and forth grace, obedience  grace obedience. Then I saw it. The Lord said If you deny me before men I will deny you before mt Father. What did peter do? denied the Lord before men? He messed that one up. When Jesus resurected He said "go tell my disciples and Peter".  well you know the do you lives right? different words for love and there meaning? Anyway, At penticost when Peter went out and proclaimed salvation to men empowered by the Holy Spirit if God he knew he had denied the Lord and He knew the Lord restored Him and empowered him to Do great works by His Spirit.

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That is not HOW the LORD WORKS he don't drown us in sin .  that is the devil that does that , as well as we ourselves.

Reinitin.   Where are you getting this mindset from.    Who did you listen too.   the pope message sounds like this.....WHO am I to judge etc , weak , non grave.

It sounds truly like you have read way too many books or sat under these smiling men today.    I am beginning to feel fear for you.

On the one hand you talk about something good , like we should receive the water baptism.  NOT that it saves.  But the early church did it.

But then you turn around and say things like this.    I fear for that man.    IF HE DIED a drunkard , kept in whiskey.   JESUS wasnot his minister at that TIME .

he was in transgression.    this is serious .   We have to flee this mindset of today .   Reinitin.    Please answer this question.

please.

WHO are some of your favorite preachers.   Just list some .     What are some good books you would recommend for others.

Actually The LORD will hand a saint over to save his soul.  A saint saved is forever saved! The saint may not have earned any rewards to receive in heaven but he /she is surely saved.

1 Corinth 5:55hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of theflesh, so that his spirit may be saved on theday of the Lord.

10 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I dont drink.  I told you I dont care to hear you stories. Lets examine your life. Shall we? You seem to be really good at assuming others are sinning and examining their lives. How you doing with lust and sex before marriage with your fiance? Care to share? How does it feel to be put under a magnifying glass? You think you are less sinful than I am? Ill go against ya any day of the week sista!!

You DEFLECT beautifully but then those who are following  false teachings have a hard time answering questions when asked. Especially when you have had at least 50 or more scriptures  posted for YOUR BENEFIT to prove you do not trust in Christ atonement if you think you need to be dunked in water to be saved.

put me ignore then:) All i see is a jezabell spirit wanting admoration but I know Not all is as it appears.