IGNORED

Faith without works is Dead

Bro.Tan

46 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I would think any christian would know what I was saying saved through or by the cross.

Are you assuming all who read these threads are believers?  You assume wrong which is why I corrected you!!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

In the scriptures its written in Leviticus 11: 43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby. 44 For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 45 For I am the Lord that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. 46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: 47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten. You can read the whole chapter on your own from the begining, but lets see Paul touch on this a little in Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.  Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. Now lets understand and reason together, Paul just gave us a rundown on condition of sins. People who are behaving in such manner will not inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God, even those who are unclean. Being unclean does not mean a person doesn’t wash up, we are not talking about soap and water. We are talking about defiling the body, with unholiness or unGodliness.

Paul said in  1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are  1 Peter 1:16   Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy

And JESUS said, its not what goes into the man that defiles him.  It is what comes OUT OF HIM.

however.   You believe meats are sin.  DONT EAT IT.    PEROID.  Do not.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Well, those are questions for someone else since neither of us believe that.

I can respect taking a stand because it is what we believe. Even if we end up wrong our intention is good.

So do you or some you agree with believe only people that believe what you believe are in Christ? Is that why it appears every attempt to teach anything but osas verses is attacked with osas verses? Is that why people in this forumn are labeled and spoken to in derogitory language and scoft at and it is allowed?

Im not asking to bait you just understand the attitude toward Christians like myself who believe we may fail Him in keeping the law and achieving righteousness on our own merit. But he is not a Father that says your never going to be good enough at anything for me. He says come here let me teach you how to do good and things I approve of.

If this treatment of people that don't believe what you believe is accepted and encouraged here. I dont want to use this sight so just tell me.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Once saved always saved so long as by grace we continue in Christ .

For if we fall away , and return to the hog pen , and remain in that state being overcome by sin.

Their will be no more sacrifice of sins.    So be looking diligently lest any man FAIL of the Grace OF , GOD.

do confess your faults and pray one for another that you may be healed. 

DO all to convert the sinner back from the errors of his ways, IF one does convert the sinner back , HE has saved a soul from death.

Be sure as peter once said ,  to do these things , FOR IF YOU DO , YOU SHALL NEVER FALL.

Always remember its soley by grace we are saved  , FOR IF GOD took His spirit from us , our desires would be naught but the pigs of sin.

OBEY the HOLY SPIRIT within, for it is HE in YOU working that which is well pleasing in His sight.

Work without Faith in Christ is death and faith without works is dead.     IF one is born again, THEY WILL have the FRUITS to show it.   the evidence

that it is CHRIST in them , and not the old man still of sin still ruling and reigning.

For of whom we are overcome , that is who we belong too.   Be gave, be serious and remind all ,  IF one truly loves Christ it is known

if one truly hates him it is known.     BY THIS SIMPLE SAYING.   Those who love ME KEEPS my commandments

those who hate me keep not my sayings.  THIS IS THE FRUITS of who we follow and they can be seen and kwon.

ARISE thou who sleepest and Christ shall give thee LIGHT

AWAKE to RIGHTOUESNESS and SIN NOT.    We are servants to whom we obey.  this will never change no matter whose doctrine tries and says otherwise.

SO SING IT PEOPLES and sing it well .   PRAISE THE LORD .

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Once saved always saved so long as by grace we continue in Christ .

Amen. Those that the Father gives to Christ are saved.  When one is truly CONVERTED they produce EVIDENCE in their walk with Christ as one who is reborn of the spirit.

John 6: 37All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never turn away.

John 10: 29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”…

God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I can't judge who is in Christ or not. I will say though that those who deny Jesus are not in Christ.

It is God's operation that puts us in Christ through faith, not water.

I can't speak for others, just myself. I put up my best defense for what I believe using Scripture, if someone takes it as an attack so be it. It is not a personal attack but just my convictions and I hope others with different convictions do the same.

well i have no problem with convictions or truth or standing up to state the scriptual bases for what your saying. But thats not what I have experianced in this forum. The worst offender arn't trolls but long time posters that have a group of minions that attack new comers. Since you think it is doing what is right and your an authority on this website then I'll leave. God Bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And JESUS said, its not what goes into the man that defiles him.  It is what comes OUT OF HIM.

however.   You believe meats are sin.  DONT EAT IT.    PEROID.  Do not.  

Always post the verses, you really should get in the habit of doing that, makes the world of difference. The Pharisees of today (meaning the preachers) teach the doctrine of men, by making statements such as, "We are not under the law we are under grace.” Not knowing which law we are no longer under. Therefore their flocks are ever learning, meaning not coming to the true faith. Thus they worship the Lord in vain.

Let's cut to the chase, and see if the passage above has anything to do with doing away with dietary law.

And he called the multitude, and said unto them, “Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.”(Matthew 15:10-11)

So what is this that comes out of men's mouths that defiles them? Let's skip to the 15th verse These are verse and see if the Lord is doing away with His dietary law.

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” (Matthew 15:15-20).

Note what the Lord says, "Those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man." Now we see brother and sisters that, this set of verses has nothing to do with the dietary law being nail to the cross. In fact the Lord tells the apostles what defiles men and that is breaking His commandments, note eating with unwashed hands.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Do works save us? Or are our works an evidence of the indwelling spirit changing our heart and giving us a desire to do good works?

Read the text. The text has the information.  Believe the Apostles.  They are inspired. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28

Abraham faith always had works. His works made his faith perfect. He was called by God to go to a place be did not know. So he went. First comes faith then comes works. No works dead faith.  Works does not save you. Works make your faith perfect. That's in the text.