• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Do works save us? Or are our works an evidence of the indwelling spirit changing our heart and giving us a desire to do good works?

I am so very thankful that my salvation is not dependant on my works, if it was I would be cooked, I'm so thankful that eternal life is a FREE gift. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Robert William said:

I am so very thankful that my salvation is not dependant on my works, if it was I would be cooked, I'm so thankful that eternal life is a FREE gift. :)

Me too!

We would all be cooked.

The measure of our works is the measure of our crowns.  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I did know it means complete. I did say before faith comes first. Works comes from a heart that loves God. If we don't have that then faith is dead and cannot save. But that does not mean works paid for our sins. Or works earn us eternal life. It's still a gift.  Remember peter said add to your faith goodness knowledge godliness brotherly kindness and love. He said if you do these things you will never fall. Faith came first. Then the works came after. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It is not your job, nor anyone else's on the forum to try and figure out who you think might be saved and who might not be.  And it's a pretty superior sounding statement.  I already know I am born-again and there is no reason for me to think that I am so special that I should be casting a verdict on an Internet forum as to whether you are born-again or not.  Where does that line of thought even come from?

The last line is another insult.  You know how much biblical education I have had?

Hey dont get mad. I guess you can't tell I was joking. You I am sure have a much greater biblical education then I do. I have never been to a bible college just bible studies at church. Anyway I do apologize to you . I was really joking. But also I was not trying to figure out who is saved or not saved. I am not the Lord. I just was saying I do consider you all brethren on the Lord. Now hope that is acceptable.  May the Lord bless you. You are a good writer too.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Works of the law cannot save one. Because we are all sinners. If you break the law you are condemn. So it's God's grace that saves us from sin. Sin produces death but the gift of God is eternal life . You cannot earn it by law keeping. We are saved through faith in Jesus. Works make our faith perfect. The works come from a heart that knows God. So it shows a living faith that is in us. Just saying and agreeing that Jesus is savior and Lord and not obeying him shows your faith is not perfect. And cannot save you.

This said statement .   IS TRUE.   

by the law it is impossible to be justified.    For all have sinned , me more than most.

If I were to try and now justify myself by the law and not by faith I would be condemned .    Because by the justification of the law , it only shows me as wicked sinner

I did not fulfill IT , I transgressed it .   So no way anyone going to get me to go back under the law.    However , BY the HOLY SPIRIT

I wont transgress , sin is the transgression of the law.  So long as I keep obeying the unctions of the SPIRIT , for it leads us in righteous living .

And we must exhort one another daily and remind one another about our LORDS sayings, provoking one another unto good works

For many have been hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.   The HOLY SPIRIT if we have it , WOULD REMIND US OF ALL THAT JESUS HAS SAID

and our love would be for truth only.  And how we would feast on holy doctrine from a heart that loves the holy scrips, given us by GOD in CHRIST.

But the love of many has waxed ice cold , due to inquity has abounded.  

If we love HIM, if our LOVE is FROM GOD, then we would LOVE the SON and if we walk in the SPIRIT we worship GOD by its power.

but as I said , many know not that hearts have been hardened.   Thus even when I warn or remind its all about the love of JESUS sayings

many will say I am preaching a WORKS salvation.  IF WE HAVE HIS SPIRIT we already KNOW it cant be earned, BUT if we have HIS SPIRIT

then we sure DO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY .  

Be sure and remember what  I said the other day.   You cannot let them believe anymore its okay to pray to the saints or mary etc.

You pray about this.   It needs to cease.  

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

This said statement .   IS TRUE.   

by the law it is impossible to be justified.    For all have sinned , me more than most.

If I were to try and now justify myself by the law and not by faith I would be condemned .    Because by the justification of the law , it only shows me as wicked sinner

I did not fulfill IT , I transgressed it .   So no way anyone going to get me to go back under the law.    However , BY the HOLY SPIRIT

I wont transgress , sin is the transgression of the law.  So long as I keep obeying the unctions of the SPIRIT , for it leads us in righteous living .

And we must exhort one another daily and remind one another about our LORDS sayings, provoking one another unto good works

For many have been hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.   The HOLY SPIRIT if we have it , WOULD REMIND US OF ALL THAT JESUS HAS SAID

and our love would be for truth only.  And how we would feast on holy doctrine from a heart that loves the holy scrips, given us by GOD in CHRIST.

But the love of many has waxed ice cold , due to inquity has abounded.  

If we love HIM, if our LOVE is FROM GOD, then we would LOVE the SON and if we walk in the SPIRIT we worship GOD by its power.

but as I said , many know not that hearts have been hardened.   Thus even when I warn or remind its all about the love of JESUS sayings

many will say I am preaching a WORKS salvation.  IF WE HAVE HIS SPIRIT we already KNOW it cant be earned, BUT if we have HIS SPIRIT

then we sure DO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY .  

Be sure and remember what  I said the other day.   You cannot let them believe anymore its okay to pray to the saints or mary etc.

You pray about this.   It needs to cease.  

Good post brother. Hope your well. You have a good understanding. 

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

Read Paul's words in Ephesians 2, but not just the familiar parts;

" For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." (Ephesians 2:8-10, NASB, emphasis mine)

Now let's read James' words in chapter 2:

" But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God. You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? or just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." (James 2:18-26, NASB, emphasis mine)

Contradiction? Hardly.

Paul is saying that nothing but faith will save you when you come before the Lord in repentant faith. Scripture in other parts is clear that our works are filthy (Isaiah 64:6) and avail us nothing.  But once we have started on the journey with him, our hearts, changed from dead stone to living, and those hearts will produce works that are evidence of change. All James is saying is that those works will accompany the faith of one who has truly turned to the Lord, not that works bring salvation. If that faith is "alone" (i.e. no works), then what change has there been?

Cobalt is correct : the works themselves do not and cannot save. They are only an evidence of the changes in one's heart, not a "prescribed component" of salvation. Those works cannot make us "clean" in the presence of the Lord; they can only serve as a type of indicator.

I never said works save  But you said he was correct I am glad you are the judge lol. Works make faith perfect . Without works faith is dead. But we are still saved through Faith. Like you said it comes from a change heart. Said that before.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

21 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Jesus fulfilled the law. We keep the intent of the law by walking in the spirit.

I already showed you the words of Jesus and all is not fulfilled. I didn't write the book, so again Jesus said Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-19) 

Jesus fulfilled all when he died.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 9/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, Wayne222 said:

Jesus fulfilled all when he died.

Paul don't agree with you, he said in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy. (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.