• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

What we need to be ready for is what must happen before the glorious Return of Jesus.  And many prophesies tell us that for those who stand firm in their faith on the Day that things get real bad, then God promises He will pour out His blessings upon all His faithful people. Isaiah 30:18, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 32:15-20, Romans 8:18

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Hebrews 10:24-25 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Hebrews 10:24-25 Good News Translation (GNT)

24 Let us be concerned for one another, to help one another to show love and to do good. 25 Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more, since you see that the Day of the Lord is coming nearer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I posted this in a different topic which expresses something that I wanted to share here:

Just because someone sees something differently than you do doesn't mean that they are deep in deceit.  People rationalize things emotionally as well as intellectually.  This is why there's such a disconnect between pretribbers and posttribbers, because we don't all process information the same way.  They wind up talking past each other and wonder why the "other side" doesn't get it.  Everyone, to varying degrees, is emotional and intellectual, believers and unbelievers alike.  What separates believers from unbelievers is the indwelling Holy Spirit and the spiritual discernment that He gives us

when we walk in the truth.  Those of the world are incapable of this discernment and it is this discernment that will be the extra oil that we need to be prepared for whatever might come our way.

It doesn't matter if our eschatology is derived primarily from emotion or intellect so long as we don't allow it to affect our spiritual worship of God, our obedience to His will.  Emotion and intellect are human traits that will fail us if we trust in them, but the godly wisdom we obtain through obedience is the rock we need for our house to stand.  Maybe its time that we focus more on what matters, on building up the body of Christ and encouraging each other since the days are evil and the time is short.

I've put together a little booklet on being ready that applies to all believers without regard for a specific rapture viewpoint.  If you're interested, you can download it here:  Essential Oil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I think learning to lead a simple life is crucial to being prepared. Then we have less to hold us back if we have to run. And if we will more likely resist taking the mark if we have fewer assets to lose by doing so. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 9/11/2017 at 1:11 AM, ghtan said:

I think learning to lead a simple life is crucial to being prepared. Then we have less to hold us back if we have to run. And if we will more likely resist taking the mark if we have fewer assets to lose by doing so. 

I agree.  Jesus cautioned against becoming entangled with the things of this world, with the worries of this life.

• Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap.  Luke 21:34

Our perspective should be to count everything as loss, and Christ as gain.  The things of this world will pass away.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 04/09/2017 at 2:34 AM, Last Daze said:

I think it would be beneficial to have a topic where we can encourage each other to be ready for the return of Christ.  We know that iniquity will abound in the last days and that consequently, the love of many will grow cold.  This is why the writer of Hebrews encourages us to stir up one another to love and good works and all the more as we see the day drawing near.  We are cautioned numerous times to stay awake and be vigilant so its reasonable to assume that their will be an increasing tendency for us to be lulled into complacency.  I'd like for this thread to be a countermeasure against that.

The posts can range anywhere from what it means to be ready, to practical guidance in our daily walk with the Lord, to scriptures that encourage us, to knowing and understanding the events around us, to what actions we should take.  In as much as it's possible, I'd like to stay away from debating eschatological differences in this thread and focus on the one thing that we all can (I think) agree on, being ready.

I think that our being ready primarily depends on being doers of the word.  This is what Jesus said makes one wise, and we know that the virgins that were ready were called wise.  So, I think a good place to start is an honest look at our lives, at the activities we are engaged in.  Some revealing questions to ask ourselves could be:

• How much time do we spend in prayer and in renewing our minds in the truth?
  • How are we using our spiritual gifts for the edification of the body of Christ?
  • What kinds of things do we treasure?  Or put another way, what topics seem to dominate our conversations?

Maybe there are activities in our lives that we need to repent of, not necessarily things that are unlawful, but things that aren't exactly expedient.  Jesus cautioned against becoming entangled in the cares of this life and just generally wasting time.  I find it beneficial on occasion to engage in a perspective check by asking myself these kinds of questions.

Hi Daze,

Good points.

To be "Lovers of God rather than lovers of pleasure" is a big one I try everyday to uphold.

It is so easy in this modern world with nearly every temptation at our fingertips to either slip into our old ways or simply give in to temptation now and then, that one must constantly be on guard not to give in to the cravings of the flesh which constantly wars against the spirit. 

Those single Christians like myself must make it a top priority to stay chaste for the Lord, this is of utmost importance, for "no fornicator/adulterer will enter into the kingdom of heaven", and this I think is one of the hardest things for a human to do, deny him/herself of those feelings/wants/desires especially when loneliness has taken up residence like some unwelcome housemate.

Yet is possible to achieve, and though it can get frustrating at times, the thoughts that constantly uphold me when temptation calls from the "fairer sex", are these simple thoughts, "I don't want to disappoint the Lord any more than I must already do, Oh Lord, give me strength I pray".. other words, even in times of temptation, if we keep the Lord foremost in our thoughts, we have a very good chance of resisting temptation .. and even when our flesh does it's best to make excuses to block those thoughts out, especially "in the moment" where it is in our hands to take the bait "hook, line and sinker" as it were, just keeping the door of our thoughts ajar in mindfulness to the Lord is usually enough for us to overcome temptation and resist what we otherwise might not have if that door was slammed shut for the sake of our "pleasure".

Suppose all I am saying is this, keep the Lord in our thoughts in every situation (even when our flesh is screaming at us NOT TO) and we will always have a way out of temptation .. because if we don't do this EVERY single day, we will fall.

God bless.   

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1