• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 10/5/2017 at 6:04 AM, Keras said:

HOWEVER, if good Christian people have believed a wrong teaching about what the Lord will do for them, this is not a salvation issue. PROVIDED; they do not lose their faith that He will save them.
This is where, unfortunately, so many will fall away when the test comes. What they expected won't happen and they will renounce God, to their eternal loss.

Yes. I see this so clearly. even Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino), while in prison, changed his mind about this too.

Despair is so easy to fall into. Even if small things go wrong in a sequence of events one can feel hopelessness at the door...
So to have your back against the wall, or you children taken away, or your partner forsake you... these are just some of the things we might face including homelessness etc.
So if the beliefs we had were wrong, then I have urged many to, "decide what to do if..."  To really think about it with an open mind and an open heart. Be willing to forgo any pet theory and eschatological position and focus JUST ON THE LORD and HIS SALVATION.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Thanks Mr Daze for this post and the PDF. Great job!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/25/2017 at 7:46 PM, Last Daze said:

Yes, its liberating to realize that only God's assessment of us counts for anything.

What did Jesus say is necessary ?  (to be assessed by God as a disciple) (not mentioned so far I think) .... but yes, necessary....

On 10/5/2017 at 8:04 AM, Last Daze said:

(In addition:) The events that precede the return of Christ will reveal who the doers are.  People can say anything and come up with whatever eschatology but in the end, it comes down to persevering in the faith.

Every day the doers are revealed, and the hearers who only hear and don't do.  This is already seen, heard, 'read' and known.  People are judged/ appraised/ assessed by God as written in Scripture,  by their own words.  (yes, already)

On 9/25/2017 at 7:46 PM, Last Daze said:

Walking in the Spirit will keep us alert and sustain us until His return.

Yes,  perhaps....   this (below) seems to be in the right direction... is it ? 

On 9/12/2017 at 10:05 AM, Last Daze said:

I agree.  Jesus cautioned against becoming entangled with the things of this world, with the worries of this life.

• Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap.  Luke 21:34

Our perspective should be to count everything as loss, and Christ as gain.  The things of this world will pass away.

So who is still entangled,  and who is free ?

Who took the necessary step(s) Jesus stated plainly is required to be a disciple ?

On 9/13/2017 at 8:30 AM, Last Daze said:

I agree, brother.  If we are to counter the normalization of sinful behavior in the world we need to actively focus on walking in the truth. 

I don't beleive Jesus said "focus" ,  although in different words perhaps that is included...  like "meditate on God's Word",  though not words or thoughts only.....

And, btw,  no one can "counter the nomalization of sinful behavior" ON THIS FORUM, let alone in the world ....

so what then ?  what instead ?   what does every disciple have to do to be Jesus' disciple ?   (in Jesus' Own Words in Scripture)

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”
He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.
The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 11/8/2017 at 8:21 AM, Justin Adams said:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”
He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.
The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

How true! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep it alive alive guys and gals - do not let this idea Daze you - it is OK not to argue and bicker (novel idea) perhaps encouraging each other is too good an idea? May be some quotes from scripture giving heed to how flamboyant and wildly exuberant Yahweh really is. Maybe what He likes to do???

I think he loves flying - and diving deep in the ocean - and ginormous explosions!!!

What say you??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Advice and encouragement:

Here are a few Bible verses to encourage those who are concerned about the future: 

James 5:8 & 11 You must be patient for the coming of the Lord is near. See how Job stood firm through trials, then how the Lord blessed him in the end, for He is merciful and compassionate.    

The next ‘coming’ – is the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath.

Ecclesiastes 8:5  One who is wise knows in his heart the right time and method for action.

Psalms 32:6-7  So let every faithful heart pray to You in the hour of anxiety, when great floods threaten, they shall not touch them. You are a hiding place from distress.

Psalms 12:5  Now I will arise, says the Lord – for the poor are plundered and the needy groan.  I shall put them in a place of safety for which they long.

Jeremiah 51:50  You that escaped the sword, go, do not linger. Remember the Lord from afar and let Jerusalem come to your mind.

The best description of how the Lord will rescue His righteous people is:

Psalms 107:1-32 Let them give thanks, those who were redeemed by the Lord from the power of the enemy and gathered out of the lands from east, west, north and south.

Some lost their way in desert waste lands...they were hungry and thirsty...they cried to the Lord, He rescued them from their distress and led them to a city where they lived.

Some sat in the dark, prisoners, locked up because they had defied God’s commands. Their spirit was subdued by hard labour.... they cried to the Lord.. He saved them in their distress and brought them out of the dark.

Some were fools who took to rebellious ways, their punishment was revulsion to food. They nearly died, so they cried to the Lord and He saved them from their distress

Others there are at sea in ships; they see what marvellous things the Lord has done. At His command, storm winds rose and tossed them to and fro, in peril... they cried to the Lord... the storm abated and He guided them into a safe harbour.

Psalms 107:35-42 The desert He changes into lakes and in the arid land he makes springs of water. There He gives the hungry a home, they build themselves a town to live in, and they sow fields and plant vineyards which yield a good harvest.

He blesses them and their numbers grow, their herds and flocks increase.

Tyrants lose their strength and are brought low, He brings princes into contempt, they are banished into the desert. But the poor person, He lifts clear of his troubles and gives them prosperity. The upright see it and are glad, while evildoers are reduced to silence.

Psalms 107:43 Whoever is wise, let them lay these things to heart and ponder the loving deeds of the Lord.

Isaiah 46:4 Till you grow old – I am the Lord, and when white hairs come, I shall carry   you still. I have made you, I shall uphold you. I shall carry you away to safety.  

Psalms 23:4 Even though I walk through a valley of deepest darkness, I will fear no harm, for You are with me.

Psalms 91:14-16 Because your love holds fast to Me, I will deliver you. When you call, I shall answer, I will rescue you in a time of trouble and show My salvation.

Reference: REB, (some verses abridged)

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/01/1985

Thanks for the post keras its very encouraging to me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

God looks with favour on the humble    Isaiah 66:2b

One of the greatest absurdities in this world, is human pride. We all live in the earth that God created, eat the food that He provides, and breathe His air. All provided for us by His sustaining power and love. Yet, people break God’s Laws repeatedly. In our world, one of the few certainties is that each one of us will die. The Christian faith says that we all will then appear before our Creator for the evaluation of our lives. The incongruity of human pride is that it cannot tolerate this prospect, but invents scenarios such as total oblivion, or instant admission to heaven.

Pride focuses on human independence, self sufficiency, power and progress, not on the fragility of our health and the inevitability of death. Pride makes it easy to think we are good at heart and our failings were not our fault. It does not consider that our moral failings, are the result of fallen human nature.

The Bible uses humour to deflate the proud person. Jesus used absurd images, like- logs in the eye, swallowing camels and blind guides. He used satire to demonstrate humility.

God’s standard of excellence is so high that as we try to live up to it, we are faced with our inability to reach it. To try, is to be reminded again of our ultimate need for the mercy of God. We could think, as we strive toward a standard that we can never reach in this life, that frustration must result. But, in our inability to live completely Christ like lives, note two vital points; Firstly, the entire Christian faith hinges on the promise of God, through Jesus, to forgive those who come to Him in humility and faith. Without this promise, Christian faith would not exist. It means that true Christians need never fear that because of falling short, they will be rejected. Our attitude must be gratitude for having already forgiven us. This not because we deserved it, but because of what Jesus did on our behalf and which we received by accepting salvation as a free gift.

Secondly, even though we inevitably fall short of the standard of Christlikeness, as we strive towards it, the more we become better humans and display to those around us the qualities of courage, forgiveness, humility and love.

Remember the incident in the Temple, where Jesus pointed out the widow, who had put all she had into the collection box. A humble person, without much, but Jesus wanted us to see her as a shining example of how we can use what we have to make a difference.

Reference; True Heroism, by D. Keyes.

Isaiah 29:19 Once more, the humble will rejoice in the Lord.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people humble themselves....then I will forgive them.

1 Peter 5:5 God shows favour to the humble.

Psalms 18:27 You save the humble, but humiliate the high and mighty.

Isaiah 2:12 The Lord has a day in store for the proud- they will be humbled.

Ecclesiasticus 7:17 Humble yourself to the uttermost, for the doom of the ungodly is fire and worms.

Zephaniah 2:3....seek righteousness, seek humility and it may be that you will find shelter on the day of the Lord’s vengeance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BacKaran

Everyone who is living has been through trials, hard times, desperate situations, poor health, financial issues, life and death issues,  family issues etc....

I went in to a panic mode when my hubby died. How was I going to live? Who am I? Millions of questions ran thru my mind....
I need to prep to take care of myself so I did....I went whole hog into prepper mode.
Armegeddons coming someday, gotta be prepped, I’m a widow right?
Then my elder asked, when will you be prepped enough? When will you have all you need?
That was an aha moment....I will never be prepped enough or have all I need on this fallen planet.
I trust in Jesus yet this simple act of my hubbys death convicted me that I need to lean on Jesus FOR ALL MY NEEDS.

Whats the worst this fallen world can do to me?  Kill me? 
All that will do is change my address to heaven sooner than I thought it would.

If you are attached to anything or any person on this fallen planet, you may not be ready to be with Jesus for eternity.
I am blessed with all the Lord has given me. 
But you HAD to sell your home, well, yes and no. 
The market was hot, yes but I could have lived there for another 30 years.
Taxes were killing me, I didnt have cable, didnt eat out or go to movies but I could still live in my home of 30+ years.

I tried to sell my home and nothing happened for a year. 
Ok, I’m waiting on God, I dont have to move right now or ever....
A year later a brother and sister in Christ email me three condos on Friday for sale all in my price range.
By Sunday the one I  liked to best was the only one unsold. I bought it.
My house SOLD within 12 hrs of being listed, I didnt even get the for sale sign up.

AND I could close on both within a month, totally the hand of God moving with and through my friends and their suggestion!
I got more than I asked for, a young family got a great home for their children, I was able to save money on the condo I bought and
everything is close for all my needs.

Ive been eating my prepper foods for the last two years, praising God all the day long for filling my cup to overflowing!
I witnessed to my Roman Catholic parents before they died, what a blessing!
I practiced my witnessing on my hubby and he confessed Jesus as His Lord and Savior, that’s all I needed to know when I heard he had died.
He was in heaven, and I may very possibly see my parents in heaven!

I panicked for my ro cath siblings and my unsaved adult children. 
Now I rest in the knowledge that they all know the gospel message and that if God wills, they will be convicted of their sins, repent and turn to Christ for all their needs. That’s not my job. My job was to give the message and move on. 
I pray for all the lost as I was once just like them, lost without God. 

I am looking forward to being held accountable in Christ. 
To die is to gain.
I feel more out of this world as a pilgrim passing through more than at any time in my life.
My discernment from the Holy Spirit has made me grow so much in the last ten years, the worst decade of my life I think, but

I wouldn’t change a thing as it all, good and terrible times, have brought me closer to Jesus.
I do not boast in anything as its Jesus who lives in me.

I am ready to die for Him any day. 
I will suffer more than I have for Him and yet I know my suffering is nothing compared to Christs.
I pray for everyone in my family, my friends and all over this planet.
It breaks my heart to know people are choosing the devil and his lies over Jesus and Gods Truth.

I have been content in all circumstances since being born again.
How can I not tell others about Jesus when Hes changed my whole life?

The question is not whether you are wrong or I am right about religion, or churches or nonsalvation issues....
THe question is are we following God in obedience and humility?

To God be the glory for saving a wretched sinner like me. Amen.