Last Daze

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone considered preparing for the Kingdom, as in those family members who may be left behind and live in the millennium? And I don't mean anything like the movie. I mean after the tribulation there WILL be those who will survive (maybe with a bit of your/our help now).

Zech. 14:16- And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Will you want your children/grandchildren/brothers and sisters/etc to be in this group?

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I've put together a little pdf booklet on what it means to stay awake and be on the alert for anyone who's interested.  You can download it here.  It doesn't favor any particular eschatology but rather looks at why it's an often repeated theme of Jesus' return.

Edited by Last Daze

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

On 6/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, Last Daze said:

I've put together a little pdf booklet on what it means to stay awake and be on the alert for anyone who's interested.  You can download it here.  It doesn't favor any particular eschatology but rather looks at why it's an often repeated theme of Jesus' return.

Saw that, thanks I downloaded it. good job.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I agree but can't help reading the exact order in 2Thess.2.and verse 3.

Apostacy will be present,and beginning the first of seven seal openings we will know/expect many false Christ's/and signs,leading to what happens after number three....the abomination of desolation.The coming of Jesus will not occur until this happens.There is nothing before it only afterwards,clearly between 6-7 seals where/when we behold billions coming before the throne/tribulation saints yes/but we know all others are admitted too.

Bless and encourage one another knowing we will walk among these too.We must not think Fight or Flight but Faith in the great tribulation/the title of a book by that name of Charles Cooper/Strong tower Pub.

Blessings to you!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

I think that if we are not sure of our escatology then we would be wise to pray for a-mill given that the worst days on earth are at stake.

If you are an un-steady pre-mill then the same as above.

Maybe you figure that our prayers would not change what is written. Escatology study is not solved - pre and a-mill etc. What if the lack of the saints prayers for a-mill led to pre-mill.

Would it not be the wisest prayer.

I dont want to scare you put look at the stats for the number of views on this thread. How many will be sealed in Revelation and by the logic of theology who might else be viewing?

This is so you know I am thinking clearly so that you may pray the wisest prayer in the post above.

Carry on serving and be ready my beloved Brothers and Sisters.

The colours and design of a website blog does not change the truth of the content.

wisdomfortoday.blog

Is not flashy but I learnt Big Lessons 1 to 10 by Hebrews 12:5 and what church is that in the book of Revelation.

Please consider these lessons.

The website is being reloaded atm. Might be viewable atm. I have backups of the content. Messed about by admin - please ignore inappropriate adverts. Almost back online fully.

Bless you beloved.

N.B. disclaimer to keep my freedom - all the above posts by me are a theory of what could happen and is therefore sensible and prudent.

Edited by Sharky and George
blog update

• 6 months later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

Jesus often exhorted His followers to be on the alert and stay awake during these last days.  The reason for this is because deception will abound and many will be misled.  If we are to stay ready for the return of Jesus, we need to focus on those teachings that will help us to persevere in the truth.  The faith of believers is being challenged in various ways these days and the following teachings will help to avoid the pitfalls of deception that permeate our culture.

First Things First

• And He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the great and foremost commandment.  The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"  Matthew 22:37-39

It is imperative that the first command be first and take precedence over the second whenever there is a conflict.  Anytime that loving your neighbor results in compromising the truth or committing sin, it’s wrong because it violates the first commandment.  

Many churches have strayed from the truth by placing the second commandment above the first.  They are more concerned with maintaining unity or not offending anyone than they are with speaking the truth.  Some are willing to deny the deity of Christ for the sake of getting along with other religions while others attempt to normalize sinful sexual behavior instead of calling it what it is.  Be careful not to compromise the truth and do not seek the approval of men over the approval of God.  Keep the first commandment first.

The Teachings of Jesus

In Matthew 25, Jesus describes those who were prepared for His return as wise and those who weren’t as foolish.  The Sermon on the Mount clarifies who is to be considered wise or foolish.

• Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.  Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.  Matthew 7:24,26

The wise person not only hears the teachings of Jesus but also acts on them.  That’s what provides the solid foundation necessary to weather storms.  If we are going to be alert and ready for the return of Jesus, we will need the wisdom that comes from hearing and doing the word of God.

Are we attached to the uncertain riches of this world or are our treasures stored in heaven?   Do we seek to do our own will or is God our master?  Are we willing to lose everything for the sake of the gospel, even our lives if it comes to that?  May we be familiar with the teachings of Jesus and incorporate them into our lives so that we might become wise and discern the times as we look for His return.

Staying Awake

• Therefore, be on the alert—for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether in the evening, at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning—in case he should come suddenly and find you asleep.  What I say to you I say to all, "Be on the alert!"  Mark 13:35-37

In this passage, being alert is synonymous with staying awake.  There are several such passages that echo this same message.  Luke 12:35-46 warns against becoming complacent and engaging in dissipation as does Luke 21:34-36.  Staying awake means persevering in godly behavior, not becoming entangled in the things of this world.

Because deception will be so prevalent, many will compromise the truth and justify their engagement in sinful behavior.  Consequently, their spiritual senses will become dull and they won’t be able to discern that they are falling asleep.  Here again the exhortation to know and do the will of God is fundamentally important.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus had a lot to say about His return as did Paul and John.  While people may understand what they said differently, there is a common, undeniable thread woven throughout.  If we are going to fare well in these last days, we need to keep the first things first, act on the teachings of Jesus, and stay awake.

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/06/1952

Good words on this thread 

Blessed topic 

To be ready for that which shall happen that comes from heaven and not our own soul understanding 

As we see come what comes those walking in truth will see it for what it is 

Truth that comes our way from Heaven 

Blessings - BC

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 5/2/2019 at 6:16 PM, Uriah said:

Will you want your children/grandchildren/brothers and sisters/etc to be in this group?

That is their choice to make, not mine. I think they will have to get off the grid if they want to survive. If they were to take out the power plant it could be years before they could build another one.