Here's a question for you

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How do you know who's a real Christian, is it by some method you use to determine who's who? This is what I get asked from some Christians (Or not) here "Do you believe in Jesus, that he is God" What if I say yes, am I in? Come on you have to do better than say a few magical words. It's by your fruits you shall be known, says the bible. Determining who's a Christian or not by been pressured by fellow members to confess Jesus is Lord is very underhanded. Even the demons know Jesus is the Lord, but are they allowed to gain full access to your forums.

What about people who are weak in faith, what does it say about them? Go read your bible, you'll see what it says. I am one who is weak of faith, needing milk (Supposedly). Am I getting it from Christians, a few, most just trample over me while they are fixated on storming the gates of heaven. What is it with so many Christians I come across who are obsessed about being saved, I don't get it, I just don't get it.

I have have met so many people who you'd swear were Christian, they have all the right fruits, but they don't confesses Jesus openly. Then you have so many more who do confess Jesus is Lord openly, but act like satan himself (He gets a little s) 

So this is my case, I put my mouth out there.

I'd like to see your response.

Edited by ztarz
Correcting a word

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jhn 13:35  ESV  By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

1Co 13:4  LITV Love has patience, is kind; love is not envious; love is not vain, is not puffed up;

1Co 13:5  does not behave indecently, does not pursue its own things, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;

1Co 13:6  does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth.

1Co 13:7  Love quietly covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom ztarz,

I liked how the Puritans talked about whether or someone was saved or not, they wouldn't say -- Yeah or nay, but rather they would say, Yes, that person is bearing fruits of salvation.  

see the Bible is very clear, that a good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit ... and then Jesus said, you'll know them by their fruits.  Also, remember what Jesus said:

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

However, it also says this, 

Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 7:22  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
Mat 7:23  And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

So we have a difference in dynamics here, as it appears that the name of Jesus is so powerful that demons submit even to those who are not in Him ... but in trying to examine your own life, Paul says this,

2Co 13:5  Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! 
2Co 13:6  I hope you will find out that we have not failed the test. 
2Co 13:7  But we pray to God that you may not do wrong—not that we may appear to have met the test, but that you may do what is right, though we may seem to have failed. 
2Co 13:8  For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth. 

So my exhortation to you is simply this ... examine yourself ... and see where you are spiritually.   If you need any help in your journey, there are lots of solid believers on these forums and in the chat rooms.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George