IGNORED

Worried about god making someone assault me....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

First off, I have ocd if that helps with anything.

I'm having this weird thought that God will make someone sexually assualt me as discipline. I'm paranoid about it. Im scared about it. Also, weather I'm choosing a YouTube video or playing a game, well pretty much anything, I think if I make a certain choice, God will let my DAD sexually assualt me. My head hurts over this thought. I'm probably the only one here with this kind of thought. Please help.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

That is ridiculous.  Satan motivates and tempts to sin.  God is your comforter and help in time of need.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

As Willa said, God does not tempt people to sin or cause them to sin.

However, I'd like to ask a different question. What is it that is making you think God is looking to punish you? Are you knowingly disobeying Him or refusing to follow/listen to Him? How would you describe your walk and relationship with God?

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, Chris457 said:

I'm having this weird thought that God will make someone sexually assualt me as discipline. I'm paranoid about it. Im scared about it. Also, weather I'm choosing a YouTube video or playing a game, well pretty much anything, I think if I make a certain choice, God will let my DAD sexually assualt me. My head hurts over this thought. I'm probably the only one here with this kind of thought. Please help.

Bk1110 does ask a good question.  What is it you are doing that God wants to discipline you for?  Have you ever been sexually assaulted by anyone in your past?  Has your Dad ever done anything to lead you to believe he would sexually assault you?  I assure you that I am not making light of this.  I am concerned about your situation.  I don't think God is going to punish you by leading your Father to sexually assault you.  God wouldn't do something like that.  Still, I have to wonder what would cause you to have thoughts like that.  What kind of videos and games are you playing?  Is there violent sex acts taking place?  I feel like there is more to this than you have told us.  

Regardless of that, your question was about whether or not God will make someone sexually assault you as a discipline?  The answer is no.  At the same time, if you are in sin, God may take away his protection from you and the devil might lead someone to sexually assault you or harm you in some way.  It is very important that if you are in sin, you confess those sins to God and stop doing it.  If you can fill in some blanks for us, it would be helpful.  Take care.   

One other thing.  If your Father has never given you any indication he would do something like that, don't get paranoid thoughts about him.  You could get all worked up and become so convinced he is going to harm you, that it leads you to do something wrong.  If he has done something that concerns you about his actions towards you, if he has actually crossed the line and assaulted you, let somebody know.  

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/5/2017 at 7:16 PM, Chris457 said:

You have OCD. What you wrote about your fears seems to definitely confirm OCD behavior. What kind of help are you getting for this condition, and if not, why not?

Also, are you a born again Christian? Have you been baptized (full immersion) in water at your church?

As has been said multiple times to this post of yours and the other on discipline, NONE of what you fear is coming from God. God does not torment people, He judges and corrects and heals and saves people through Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1